Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belturbet Co.Cavan

Options
  • 13-08-2018 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

What's it like to live in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Quiet little town. Half a dozen pubs, the Seven Horseshoes does a good trade in food. Few chippers. Lower property prices than Cavan town . A friend was a census ennumerater at the last census. 33% of properties at that time were vacent. Nice marina etc. I'd suggest visiting for a weekend to see whether it suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Quiet little town. Half a dozen pubs, the Seven Horseshoes does a good trade in food. Few chippers. Lower property prices than Cavan town . A friend was a census ennumerater at the last census. 33% of properties at that time were vacent. Nice marina etc. I'd suggest visiting for a weekend to see whether it suits you.

Agree with this but I heard that due to low rent prices and vacant houses it has attracted some not so wonderful folk.

As nerkasulm says definitely do your research both in summer and winter months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Shearer9

Thanks for the info Ave checked the place out seems like a nice little town some nice pubs the locals seem very friendly and very close to Cavan town and seems to be a nice bit off employment and seems to be a good bus service from and 2 belturbet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Quick spin into Cavan town, and about 35 minutes to Enniskillen. (Hopefully that won't change after March next year).

Advertisement