Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free number for watsapp, how?

Options
  • 14-08-2018 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi hope some one might be able to help.
    Currently I have watsapp on my phone. I'm setting up a small home business, I don't want to use my private personal number, so I want an extra number that I can use wats app with, solely for business. My phone is not dual sim. I'm aware parallel space app may enable me to use wats app on my phone with two different numbers. My problem is now obtaining the
    new number. I've come across lots of sites and apps that offer free temporary numbers to verify wats app but does this mean then after a few days the wats app account will be disabled as the number was only temporary? Has anyone found a way around this?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Just get a new phone for business purposes or get a dual sim phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭shashaela

Pelvis wrote: »
    Just get a new phone for business purposes or get a dual sim phone.

I don't want to be going around with two phones, and the phone I have I only got it little over a year ago. I'm just old style, don't believe in fixing something unless its broke!

I know there is a way around it, it's just taking me a while in figuring it out! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

shashaela wrote: »
    I don't want to be going around with two phones, and the phone I have I only got it little over a year ago. I'm just old style, don't believe in fixing something unless its broke!

I know there is a way around it, it's just taking me a while in figuring it out! :-)

Get a new SIM card. Set up your second WhatsApp...app with the new SIM then swap back to old sim and use that with your original WhatsApp...app.

Or buy a virtual number. Not sure if there is other ones but you can easily get a UK or USA virtual number that will easily work on WhatsApp

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭shashaela

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Get a new SIM card. Set up your second WhatsApp...app with the new SIM then swap back to old sim and use that with your original WhatsApp...app.

Or buy a virtual number. Not sure if there is other ones but you can easily get a UK or USA virtual number that will easily work on WhatsApp

Yeah I think the virtual number is the route I wanna go, just hope i can find one that's not got a monthly service charge on it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can't you just get a free sim from lycamobile or tesco mobile?
    Set up a whatsapp/signal account that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Buy https://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/shop/phones-plans/all-phones/alcatel-1016 and get a pay as you go sim.

Set up Whatsapp on your current phone, putting the number of the above phone into it, and use the phone to activate it. Then put €5 into the phone every 2 or 3 months to keep it active. Put said phone somewhere safe in case you ever need to re-activate the Whatsapp account.

Advertisement