Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in public health? What next?!

Options
  • 14-08-2018 4:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I’m a qualified general nurse and have recently finished my masters in public health. I’m qualified two years and am doing agency work. I’m really confused as what to do next. I was looking into fertility nursing but unsure on how to get into it? I’m very interested in sexual health and women’s heath but don’t know where to apply for as my course did not provide a lot of information on jobs. Shift work does not agree with me so am looking into more regular hours Just wondering if anyone, {or nurses} who have gotten out of the wards and into a 9 to 5 job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,435 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You don't mention any work experience beyond agency work. Get some solid work experience (being able to pay bills helps) and keep an eye out on openings as they arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

None shift work could be difficult to find in your chosen field, but it sounds like you ve done a lot of studying, maybe take a breader from the books and concentrate on getting work experience now, and some time out for yourself. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ladyluck99

Victor wrote: »
    You don't mention any work experience beyond agency work. Get some solid work experience (being able to pay bills helps) and keep an eye out on openings as they arise.

I worked in a medical ward for a year and then did agency in order to do this masters. The masters is now done so I want to focus on working full time but just not sure where this masters can take me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Ladyluck99 wrote: »
    I worked in a medical ward for a year and then did agency in order to do this masters. The masters is now done so I want to focus on working full time but just not sure where this masters can take me.

Was any of this a consideration before undertaking the masters? Do you have a mentor from the program that can provide some guidance perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

https://waterstoneclinic.ie/careers/

Fire in a c.v., you might a pfo but it might provide some constructive feedback?

• Advertisement
Advertisement