Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Went sale agreed on my house yesterday

Options
  • 14-08-2018 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

We accepted an offer on our house yesterday and I’m wondering what I need to have in place now?
    We have a solicitor who requested the deeds a good few weeks ago.
    Someone mentioned an NPPR exemption Cert? I googled last night and it’s quite confusing- it has always been our primary residence but I don’t think I have any bills from 2009 & 2013? We are in Kildare if that helps, do I have to contact the council or does my solicitor?

We pay property tax and management company monthly, do I have to pay both of these upfront for the rest of the year now?
    Is there anything else I need to do?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Your solicitor should advise on all these matters.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Check exactly what you need for NPPR, it seems to vary from county to county. If you’re on the register of electors, you should be able to get a letter to say you’re registered to this address for the years in question.
    If you can print out an old bank statement that’s another proof of address.
    We were also able to get a statement from the oil company to show deliveries dating back to 2009. Bin company will probably do this also

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

Kildare County Council have a form on their website - you just need to complete it and certify that it was your principal residence for 2009 to 2013 and send it in and they will issue a certificate. They are very straightforward to deal with and they don't require any further documents from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

Sold our house earlier this year and we ended up getting an affidavit from a solicitor stating we lived at the address during those years as I didn't have bills covering all the years needed. Cost us €10-€15 to go down that route. You also need to have your LPT paid up for the year before the sale goes through. We sold in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

shelly24 wrote: »
    We accepted an offer on our house yesterday and I’m wondering what I need to have in place now?
    We have a solicitor who requested the deeds a good few weeks ago.
    Someone mentioned an NPPR exemption Cert? I googled last night and it’s quite confusing- it has always been our primary residence but I don’t think I have any bills from 2009 & 2013? We are in Kildare if that helps, do I have to contact the council or does my solicitor?

We pay property tax and management company monthly, do I have to pay both of these upfront for the rest of the year now?
    Is there anything else I need to do?
    Thanks
    As regards the LPT in my case they required it paid for the year. Revenue will credit you the excess payment following proof of sale. Also manangement fees can be calculated and excess payment refunded to you by purchaser if you have paid in full.

Your local authority should be able to provide a Cert of exemption re the NPPR You can download the application form and certify that the house was your principle residence

• Advertisement
Advertisement