Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest diesel in the city

• 14-08-2018 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭

Sorry if there is an old thread as i didnt see it on the first few pages.

But does anyone know where the cheapest diesel is in the city? I tried pumps.ie but most prices are at least a year old. So people actually filling up might have a better idea

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Barrons dock road seem to have the best prices on the dock road/other than that, Tara Oil on the dock road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

If anyone is a member of AA (motoring org, not beer related) download their app and you get 4c per litre of fuel at Circle K garages. The one near Ivan’s often doesn’t seem to work but the one on Thomondgate always does. Makes a difference when filling up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I use this and get about 2 euros off when filling up diesel worth 65 euros. They accept it at Topaz Re.Stores only. There is one in dock road
    If anyone is a member of AA (motoring org, not beer related) download their app and you get 4c per litre of fuel at Circle K garages. The one near Ivan’s often doesn’t see to work but the one on Thomondgate always does. Makes a difference when filling up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Corrib Oil on Courtbrack avenue had diesel at 131.9 early this morning. I think it's Card only....no cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

....and Inver at Punches X were 131.9 this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

133.5 in special k or whatever its called (formerly topaz) grove island corbally

*Wrong name (ironically still is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Mr.H wrote: »
    133.5 in special k or whatever its called (formerly topaz) grove island corbally

*Wrong name (ironically still is)

Special K... I'm after letting out a barking laugh and waking half the house! It's the dead of night! Thanks for that hahahaha

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That refinery looking place off the dock road is likely cheapest. Can't scan your circle k (special k ftw) play or park tag there.

I tend to go to the unmanned tara station at the end of the dock road. 133.x last night for xmile super duper diesel.*

*May not cause super effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

The place at Watch House Cross is 132 and as MarkR mentions above the Xmile diesel is 133 in Tara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

4c off with a free Topaz / AXA fuel card brings diesel under 130 in most Special Ks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Keep an eye on Pumps.ie

Keep an eye on Pumps.ie

The Limerick city ones are never updated. I found 131 for diesel in tipp

Could anyone tell me how i could get a fuel card as a joe public

Actually i figured it out. Three do one

The Limerick city ones are never updated. I found 131 for diesel in tipp

It's crowd sourced. Have you entered prices on it? If not, you have zero right to whine...

The site wont allow me to sign up. The captcha needs to be fixed. But dont let that stop you taking swipes of course

The site wont allow me to sign up. The captcha needs to be fixed. But dont let that stop you taking swipes of course

There is an app too

You could also use Facebook to register by the looks of things, though that's not what the unedited version of your post was whinging about again.

You could also use Facebook to register by the looks of things, though that's not what the unedited version of your post was whinging about again.

Wow you have a bit of an attitude dont ya.

My unedit point was that it doesnt matter that i havent added to it because noone else is. It looks like an abandoned site if you looked at Limerick.

But then i had a think and thought you know what thats a little bit mean considering some probably do use the site. So i went to sign up and was actually going to add to it as i am on the road quite a bit and thought it would be a lot of adding from limerick clare and tipp.

But the app doesnt allow you to sign up. The site isnt working for the captcha and the sign in with facebook brings a site error. All which leads to the thought of it being an abandoned site.

If you have any suggestions other than being as useful as a hairdryer underwater, i would appreciate it. But i wont be holding my breath for your latest pointless "whinge" accusation.

Mc Love wrote:
    There is an app too

Yea i have the app. But same issue. There are a couple updated but very few updated in the last year in the area.

One of those vicious circles. Noone uses it because noone is using it

Yeah I try to update it when I can but its hard to do when you are driving unless you remember to do them, or are stopped at them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Would be nice if you could take a picture of the prices, and have the app update automagicall. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Noticed petrol and diesel is pretty extortionate around town as of late.
    Casey's Londis have their sign turned off a lot of the time, odds are they're robbing too.

Yeah I have noticed how expensive it's after becoming, thank god no increase in the budget

Advertisement