Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT bars for MTB

Options
  • 14-08-2018 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Is it possible to get a reducing shim for my current tt bars so that I can use them on the smaller diameter handlebar?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I am sure I have seen them (not specifically for TT bars but for Garmins etc.). If you can't find one, try SJS cycles but also consider making your own, an old tube might do the trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,083 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Please post a pic when you've figured it out.

Preferably of you riding in a full aero position whilst nailing a gnarly gap jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Is the issue more that most MTB bars have a taper reducing from the headstock out towards the bars, right where the aero bars would clamp. I would also like to do the same as you but that was the issue I came across.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭benneca1

why would you do this a bit like asking does anyone do a full suss TT bike. Not being sarcastic genuinely curious in 35 years of MTB never felt the need but maybe I am missing something.

Advertisement