Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund from argos - how long

Options
  • 14-08-2018 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi there

I returned an item to Argos yesterday and was issued with a full refund. The funds haven't hit my account yet so I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how long it normally takes?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

To a debit card? This is down to your bank, not Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

To a card, a minumim of a few working days, you'd be incredibly lucky to get it in 2, typically 4-5, some companies only process refunds once a month or so so it could be up to a month in rare cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

It depends on your bank, but 3 days is a good guesstimate.

While a debit transaction dissappears from your account immediately it doesn't arrive in their account on that day, it's the same in reverse. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

GarIT wrote: »
    To a card, a minumim of a few working days, you'd be incredibly lucky to get it in 2, typically 4-5, some companies only process refunds once a month or so so it could be up to a month in rare cases.

That would be for manually processed refunds; refunds done on an EFT terminal should be returned "immediately", so a few days depending on how awful your bank is. The processing speed of transactions in this country is generally shocking; BOI only allowed instant same-bank transactions for consumers in the past year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dubdev

Thanks for all the responses. I was going back through previous bank statements as I've gotten refunds from Argos before but I can't remember how long it normally takes for them to be credited back to your account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dubdev

An update on this, I got my refund this evening so didn't have to wait too long in the end.

Advertisement