Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A car was in collision with barriers outside the Houses of Parliament.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Being treated as terrorism by the police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45180120

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭warsaw2018

part and parcel of living in a city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Fecking Mormons ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Thankfully just two people treated for minor injuries.
    Yerman is one sh1tty terrorist if that is all the damage he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Terrifying what could have materialised if this individual did not fail so badly with what he intended. It is unclear what sort of "ideology" the terrorist is associated with right now (all I have seen is "black man" as a descirption) but whatever it is he deserves to get the full brunt of the law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Terrifying what could have materialised if this individual did not fail so badly with what he intended. It is unclear what sort of "ideology" the terrorist is associated with right now (all I have seen is "black man" as a descirption) but whatever it is he deserves to get the full brunt of the law.

I doubt he's Buddhist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I doubt he's Buddhist.

Those Seventh Day Adventists up to no good, as usual.

Do not worry the usual ISIS defenders will be along to tell us how evil and racist we are and how it was either a false flag or the poor kid was mentally ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Do not worry the usual ISIS defenders will be along to tell us how evil and racist we are and how it was either a false flag or the poor kid was mentally ill.

Isis Defenders? Who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Driving a clapped out Fiesta at those barriers when the MPs are on their jollies would definitely put him in the more especially stupid end of the terrorist scale.

It'll keep the bigots occupied for a few hours though I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

It was indeed a wee Fiesta, so could well be mental health.
    He was lucky they showed restraint removing him from car.

Image (via Sky News):
    dsgd2nd.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Another Islamic terrorist attack in the City of London. No surprise but excuses will be made somehow. It will just be the "imperialists" fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Creative83

What houses of parliament?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

This is awful, imagine the damage that fiesta could have caused if it got into the building. The time has come for extreme measures. I believe we should gather all of our most valuable citizens from the political arena and sage guard them in some remote island. Somewhere inhospitable so there are no tourists who maybe isis in disguise.

At the same time we could ship our most hard pressed cases like the lovely young cash lady off to the same island to allow for a better understanding between the two groups.

c'mon lads, fk the expense, lets keep our elites safe.

we need a hastag, Save Higher Intelligence Top Politicians Or Stop Terrorism.

#S.H.I.T.P.O.S.T has a nice ring to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Taytoland wrote: »
    Another Islamic terrorist attack in the City of London. No surprise but excuses will be made somehow. It will just be the "imperialists" fault.

Are we sure its IS? Despite the near zero casulty rate, only one remained in hospital a few hours ago, the precise route the car took towards the barriers, etc etc, I still suspect this was someone off their meds, or a lun of some description. Although I will throw IS Terrorists in the same catagory, as the above two.

• Site Banned Posts: 37 Jeff Devoy

Apparently the guy was from Nottingham and was know to police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The scumbag ran through some cyclists who were stopped at traffic lights at the top of the street before driving into the barrier. At least one required medical treatment at the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Venom wrote: »
    The scumbag ran through some cyclists who were stopped at traffic lights at the top of the street before driving into the barrier. At least one required medical treatment at the scene.

Didn't you get the memo? We're not talking about the actual event, instead we're throwing sneaky little barbs at those WHO DO wish to talk about this incident... see, this guy gets it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Didn't you get the memo? We're not talking about the actual event, instead we're throwing sneaky little barbs at those WHO DO wish to talk about this incident... see, this guy gets it.

Sure if they didn't have double standards, they'd have none at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Driving a clapped out Fiesta at those barriers when the MPs are on their jollies would definitely put him in the more especially stupid end of the terrorist scale.

Guys like you are more upset about people insulting the terrorists and their dangerous ideology than their actual terrorism acts.
    In fact, Jeremy is that you ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I hope he didn't crash into Terry Waites bicycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Its like the terrorists arnt even trying anymore

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Their increasing ineptitude is most definitely a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Their increasing ineptitude is most definitely a good thing.

Suppose that's what happens when you use your best troops as explosives.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Certainly do seem to have an increasingly stupid quality about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Creative83 wrote: »
    What houses of parliament?

I think this is fake news as I was on Kildare Street earlier and there was no sign of anything going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

But she caught me on the counter (I was present but not actually involved)
    Saw me bangin' on the sofa (I was present but not actually involved)
    I even had her in the shower (I was present but not actually involved)
    She even caught me on camera (I was present but not actually involved)

873.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

lawred2 wrote: »
    Certainly do seem to have an increasingly stupid quality about them

The amount of attacks in 2018 compared to the prior three years has been all but non existant.

Off the top of my head-

- one in Paris
    - one in the South of France
    - Toronto shooting the other week
    - a questionable "accident" involving a Moscow taxi driver during the WC
    - the Dundalk stabbing
    - the ex con in Belgium

It used to be a few per month not long ago. I guess dying for the sake of a failed, finished, broken state is not as gallant as it was a year ago.

I always found the ISIS admissions to be very staid and straightforward. Always something like "a soldier of the Islamic State heeded the call to attack the unbelievers wherever they find them".

That's it. No plaudits for bravery, for courage, no street or school in Raqqa renamed in your memory.

Sure who'd even be arsed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I doubt he's Buddhist.

Buddhists can cause plenty of violence, they've played a large role in the ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya

• Advertisement

I doubt he's Buddhist.

Buddhists can cause plenty of violence

In London?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

One treated and discharged at the scene. Two admitted to hospital, one since discharged. Remaining not in life threatning condition.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

In London?

You seem to be missing the rest of my post, maybe you got it midedit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    The amount of attacks in 2018 compared to the prior three years has been all but non existant.

Mostly all classed as 'mental health issues' now.

Like the 19yo Afgan refugee that injured four strangers with a knife rampage in France last night. This would be a 'psychological' matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6059239/Four-injured-Afghan-asylum-seeker-launches-knife-rampage-sleepy-French-town.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Jeff Devoy wrote: »

Hopefully his family are deported back there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Ah it's ok so....
    No wonder they dont stop at lights when this 5hit happens to them.

• Advertisement

Like the 19yo Afgan refugee that injured four strangers with a knife rampage in France last night. This would be a 'psychological' matter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6059239/Four-injured-Afghan-asylum-seeker-launches-knife-rampage-sleepy-French-town.html

I wonder will we ever get to hear the full details of the Dundalk incident in an open court in Ireland.

The attack was definitely not related to ISIS. They know this yet they apparently still don't know his real name or where he is from (although I'm even starting to doubt this. Surely one look at the guy and a listen to him speak by someone familiar with North Africa/ Mid East would have it solved pretty sharpish)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not sure why you air quoted - those would quite clearly be all a consequence of pyschological issues.

Calling them terrorist acts elevates them to a level not deserved.

Someone needs to do up a statistical analysis of how common it was for people with Muslim names to stab multiple people or crash cars into crowds in Europe in the years prior to the rise of ISIS.

Because the amount of unrelated attacks seems to be through the roof.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Mike Hoch wrote: »

I wonder will we ever get to hear the full details of the Dundalk incident in an open court in Ireland.

The attack was definitely not related to ISIS. They know this yet they apparently still don't know his real name or where he is from (although I'm even starting to doubt this. Surely one look at the guy and a listen to him speak by someone familiar with North Africa/ Mid East would have it solved pretty sharpish)

Sure didn't the Gardai know the lads who fell off the back of a lorry in Laois were "no danger"- without knowing who they were or where they come from.

Who knew Guards were so telepathic???

• Site Banned Posts: 37 Jeff Devoy

Counter-terror police are searching a number of addresses in Birmingham and Nottingham. The Fiesta had a number of previous owners. The car was spotted driving around different parts of London in the early hours of this morning.

However, they think he acted alone, which comes as no surprise TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Buddhists can cause plenty of violence, they've played a large role in the ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya

This is the first time I've heard of a secular military having a religious orientation.

The Buddhist form of suicide bombing is self-immolation.

Glad to see the barriers placed at Westminster were effective.

Counter-terror police are searching a number of addresses in Birmingham and Nottingham. The Fiesta had a number of previous owners. The car was spotted driving around different parts of London in the early hours of this morning.

However, they think he acted alone, which comes as no surprise TBH.

There's little need to involve others in something so rudimentary.

Stupid phuck is probably surprised to be still alive. None of these lads launch the attack with the intent of ending up in a prison cell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,783 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

He must have left the Toyota Hilux at home..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

they haven't gone away you know

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Seems he is a Sudanese imagrantion and a member of that Alan Snackbar religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

"Your honour...my Burka veil slipped "...

Yes I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,940 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What happened at the Dáil OP?

Too lazy to read thread.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I doubt he's Buddhist.

Could you quote one post from boards where someone seriously defended isis or are you just making things up?

RustyNut wrote: »
    Could you quote one post from boards where someone seriously defended isis or are you just making things up?

There's plenty seem more offended by what they deem Islamophobia than are offended by actual attacks tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Robin Hood?

Hard to tell what the guys goal was going by the video. Was he expecting his car to explode or something?

• Advertisement
Advertisement