Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband download limit

Options
  • 14-08-2018 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I'm in an area where fixed line isn't possible and we currently have Eir Mobile Broadband and Router. The problem I have is that my limit id 50GB / month and if we go over it either using standard rates or add-ons, the bill gets excessive, anywhere from 50 - 110 per month.

I got a Vodafone unit on trial and works only OK but has 150 GB limit and 250 GB limit if I purchase the 100 GB add-on for 10 euro. Meteor addon is 15 euro for 15 GB!

Have you an option of 250 GB per month as reasonable cost? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Podgemcd wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm in an area where fixed line isn't possible and we currently have Eir Mobile Broadband and Router. The problem I have is that my limit id 50GB / month and if we go over it either using standard rates or add-ons, the bill gets excessive, anywhere from 50 - 110 per month.

I got a Vodafone unit on trial and works only OK but has 150 GB limit and 250 GB limit if I purchase the 100 GB add-on for 10 euro. Meteor addon is 15 euro for 15 GB!

Hi Podgemcd ,

Unfortunately, we do not have any such plan available. 

Please see all available plans on the following link https://www.eir.ie/mobile/broadband/.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Podgemcd

Hi,

Hi Podgemcd ,

Please see all available plans on the following link https://www.eir.ie/mobile/broadband/.

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks Thomas,

It looks like I will have to cancel my Eir account if the download limits stay that small. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi,

Hi Podgemcd ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks Thomas,

It looks like I will have to cancel my Eir account if the download limits stay that small. 
    I would reccomend contacting our sales team on 1800 503 303, they can explore the best options availble to you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Is the 250Gb plan available at all anymore? Even as a bundle with a landline that can't receive broadband?

I'm in a similar situation on a mobile broadband eir plan where 50Gb just isn't enough anymore. I also have a landline which can only handle "up to" 1Mb. Bundling a mobile BB plan and landline together would be ideal.

From looking around it seems people currently on mobile broadband eir plans would be happy to pay a small bit more for for a larger data allowance, instead of changing networks, i.e. Three's 750GB plan for €30, or Vodafone's 150Gb for €45.

I don't mean to steal the thread, I'm just in a similar situation looking for more data options.

Advertisement