Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I got the vertical mount for the Lilan Li its very good makes the build alot cleaner looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Managed to nab an XC3 ultra on Amazon. Delivery 4th November :D

Still holding onto the FTW3 preorder for now, as you can never trust Amazon until it's shipped, but at £709 it's a bit more stomach able and not as much of a wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Nedved85 wrote: »

Ooh still up. Hope it isn't another scenario that there's thousands of pre-orders and they all get cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Managed to nab an XC3 ultra on Amazon. Delivery 4th November :D

Still holding onto the FTW3 preorder for now, as you can never trust Amazon until it's shipped, but at £709 it's a bit more stomach able and not as much of a wait.

They're still live on Amazon now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

TitianGerm wrote: »
    They're still live on Amazon now.

and gone

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Good going whoever managed to nab one on amazon there, just missed it by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I have a 2080ti that I'll be putting up on adverts - if anyone is interested, keep an eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Went looking at initial pricing for the 3070. €600 for the third tier card? That's crazy expensive.

While it's a serious performance boost over my RX 5700 from AMD, don't think I can justify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

TheDoc wrote: »
    Went looking at initial pricing for the 3070. €600 for the third tier card? That's crazy expensive.

While it's a serious performance boost over my RX 5700 from AMD, don't think I can justify that.
    AMD showing off there new cards today at 4pm wait and see what they offer.

• Advertisement

Why cant I ever get a sniff of a 3080, I search like a mofo.....:mad:

£469 from Nvidia.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Why cant I ever get a sniff of a 3080, I search like a mofo.....:mad:

Have you signed up to the partalert telegram? https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAFciuCdyIDkBORJRFQ

That's where I've been getting all the alerts

TitianGerm wrote: »
    £469 from Nvidia.

Maybe its just placeholder prices on partner cards, but I normally buy from Overclockers, their prelim pricing is like £529+ on most

If I was buying I'd go Inno3D again. Had a 1070 iChill from them and was brilliant

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno3d-geforce-rtx-3070-ichill-x3-8gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-07g-in.html

In terms of waiting on AMD, yeah I'll look at it today. But I went with a RX 5700 last year going back to AMD after years of Nvidia use. The driver issues were a nightmare and the card still sounds like a jet engine under any meaningful load.

Normally I get a card to keep me going for 2 years minimum as I game at 1080p 144hz, but the noise of this XFX 5700 is annoying enough I'd contemplate swopping it out only a year later. And that experience isn't exactly enamouring me to stick AMD again

Overclockers have had inflated prices for this series all along, was the same with the 3080 they slapped an extra £70 or more on most of the models they stocked for it.

Maybe its just placeholder prices on partner cards, but I normally buy from Overclockers, their prelim pricing is like £529+ on most

If I was buying I'd go Inno3D again. Had a 1070 iChill from them and was brilliant

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/inno3d-geforce-rtx-3070-ichill-x3-8gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-07g-in.html

In terms of waiting on AMD, yeah I'll look at it today. But I went with a RX 5700 last year going back to AMD after years of Nvidia use. The driver issues were a nightmare and the card still sounds like a jet engine under any meaningful load.

Normally I get a card to keep me going for 2 years minimum as I game at 1080p 144hz, but the noise of this XFX 5700 is annoying enough I'd contemplate swopping it out only a year later. And that experience isn't exactly enamouring me to stick AMD again

Overclockers have been awful with the scalping on the 3080s.

There were two cards I was keeping an eye on at launch and they both started at £10 over the Founder's Edition. By launch Overclockers had hiked the price of one by £90 and the other by £120.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Overclockers have had inflated prices for this series all along, was the same with the 3080 they slapped an extra £70 or more on most of the models they stocked for it.

They have the FTW3 Ultra listed for near £120 more than what we got it on Amazon for :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Second tier if you're comparing against previous generations - similar MSRP as 2070

Cordell wrote: »
    Second tier if you're comparing against previous generations - similar MSRP as 2070

Oh yeah sorry, there was no 2090 or 1090 right?

OK cool nice heads up about Overclockers. Although I've had nothing but top service with them over the years and of the few RMA issues were painless. Sometimes don't mind paying a bit over for the piece of mind. Amazon have been perfect as well mind you.

If I'm honest with myself, I'm probably not going to get overly involved in the immediate as there just seems to be too much messing with supply/demand/scalping etc. If I do make a change probably be a January treat to myself in hoping 2021 goes a little better then the year before :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Is that an AMD issue or a board partner screwing up ... The 5700xt is a cracking card tbh

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    Is that an AMD issue or a board partner screwing up ... The 5700xt is a cracking card tbh

I don't have the Xt model. Not sure to be honest.

I'm pretty pissed off with the whole situation and I am sometimes wondering if I am just blaming the card. It could be a potential fan in the case whirring like CRAZY, but I can see the RPM on the fan goes mental sometimes under the most basic of loads.

Actually plan to take the case apart later and have a play around. Bugging me that much I can't ignore it anymore.

Performance wise once everything was up and running the new PC I built has been brilliant, performance wise and everything I'm delighted with it.

But it was a good 1-3 months before AMD ironed all their GPU driver issues out, and I was constantly dealing with black screens, crashes and all sorts.

Have you signed up to the partalert telegram? https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAFciuCdyIDkBORJRFQ

That's where I've been getting all the alerts

How does this work fellaa?

Wont let me join. :confused:

EDIT: SORTED cheers for the heads up.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How does this work fellaa?

Wont let me join. :confused:

If you download the telegram app on your phone and sign up for an account it should let you, or else he has a Twitter account https://mobile.twitter.com/PartAlert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Thanks to the people recommending telegram and part alert here! Also, thanks for the heads-up on OCUK overcharging for cards. That's a pretty ****ty thing to do from what I would have described as a reputable retailer.

FE cards are up gogogogogo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

These are up on Scan right now if you act quick. Managed to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Just got an FE from scan thanks to the telegram

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

Been looking on scan and can't see the link to buy

Been looking on scan and can't see the link to buy

https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/founders-3080-i1hsnwhx

• Advertisement