Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

wouldnt work for me

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I couldn't link from the nVidia site but I got the link Squidgy put above from a discord channel and it seemed to work. Fingers crossed!

Used Paypal and a guest user for anyone trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

Thanks for posting the link, I happened to be checking scan and the nvidia website just before these went up. Saw the post on boards but couldn't find a buy link anywhere. Very frustrating.

I couldn't link from the nVidia site but I got the link Squidgy put above from a discord channel and it seemed to work. Fingers crossed!

Used Paypal and a guest user for anyone trying.

Fingers crossed. tried twice. Payment declined both times.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Yeah I used PayPal one click because I knew it would be the fastest way to do it. Ads about 25 yo-yos to your price as PayPal absolutely gouge you on sterling to euro exchange rates but sure look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I got an order in, but panic clicked amazon pay. So I have my amazon pay confirmation email and the scan order confirmation came up on screen but no email yet.

So still a bit worried. But f it anyways.

Just to correct an earlier error in my post in case it helps anyone in future.

I was actually logged in to scan so wasn't buying as a "guest" - decided to use the paypal option because scan don't have my card details saved and I thought PP would be faster.

Yeah I used PayPal one click because I knew it would be the fastest way to do it. Ads about 25 yo-yos to your price as PayPal absolutely gouge you on sterling to euro exchange rates but sure look.

You can tell paypal to take the money off your card in the original currency and let the bank charge you their exchange rate instead.

It's still poor but not the absolute "rapage" that paypal charge.

EDIT - LMAO - you can indeed do this but in my haste I didn't click on the correct option so I also got shafted!! May I borrow some of your vaseline MidlanderMan?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bollocks. Had checked around 2.30 and had to take a call from a client so missed the bloody thing :(

3090 gone already

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Lads, I just ordered a 3080 FE from Scan (literally 30 seconds after getting that notification through Part Alert).

Thank you so so much Squidgy Black - I owe you a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

You can tell paypal to take the money off your card in the original currency and let the bank charge you their exchange rate instead.

It's still poor but not the absolute "rapage" that paypal charge.

EDIT - LMAO - you can indeed do this but in my haste I didn't click on the correct option so I also got shafted!! May I borrow some of your vaseline MidlanderMan?

I have my bank account set as a payment method as I thought this would stop the violation but it doesn't seem to. Need to learn the other trick

Lads, I just ordered a 3080 FE from Scan (literally 30 seconds after getting that notification through Part Alert).

Thank you so so much Squidgy Black - I owe you a pint.

Glad to help man!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Bollocks. Had checked around 2.30 and had to take a call from a client so missed the bloody thing :(

Was on a client call too. Sickened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

3080 PARTAYYYY! Congrats guys! :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Just watches navi launch....big Navi will have a lot of Nvidia preorders cancelled boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

So glad now I got my 2070S sold for a decent price.

6800XT is 100% the move if you can't get your hands on a 3080 before they launch and they have stock.

Have to say, delighted to see AMD competing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Nvidia should lob €50 off each card (and about 500 off the 3090 :P ) and tell their sellers to stop gouging and then they will gain a little ground back.

If they did it with the 3070 it would sell even better after today I would say considering it is/ will be basically the 7th most powerful card on the market if today is to be believed, but like the BS nvidia pulled I'll wait till reviews on the AMD till i buy anything.

Let me guess AMD review embargo is up NOV 18th :rolleyes:

so its basically 6900 > 3090 > 6800XT > 3080 > 6800 > 2080ti > 3070

Happy with the 3080 I bought today because I'm tied to G-Sync.

Will be a little miffed if they release a 16-20 Gig version at the same price but you pay your money and take your chances!

The 3090 looks like a white elephant now though.

• Advertisement

so its basically 6900 > 3090 > 6800XT > 3080 > 6800 > 2080ti > 3070

Gosh I would wait for actual benchmarks before deciding that, very selective benchmarks shown and only on ryzen 5 platforms. I think there will be nuance here.

Fitz II wrote: »
    Gosh I would wait for actual benchmarks before deciding that, very selective benchmarks shown and only on ryzen 5 platforms. I think there will be nuance here.

Are you in the pre-order queue for the 6900XT Fitz? ;)

I'd be happy to take that 3090 off your hands. I wouldn't even charge you for the disposal :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

Realistically the gains were about 5-6% on average according to AMD's slides.

So I think AMD are really competing hard here. OK, so RT will be sub-par, but that's still a massively niche feature and the Radeon cards pack significant more vram.

The 6900XT in particular is a gut punch, the 3090 is 50% more expensive and ballpark same speed.

I think it's unlikely at this point that somehow it'll all get turned around and Nvidia will be shown to be significantly superior.

Obviously Nvidia botched the entire launch of the RTX3 cards because they were scared of the new AMD cards coming down the line.

I doubt they would have done that, and taken such a massive risk, if they were confident that AMD couldn't complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think there might be a lot of 3090 variants available soon!

Edit: Or they might just stop making them in any significant numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Oh I know but we know the 3070 is a little bit behind the 2080ti but at half the price or less so unless Ryzen 5 seriously skews those numbers in AMDs favour I'd say it's not far off that order.

Personally I'll try for a FE 3070 tomorrow at MSRP anything above just won't be worth it as it starts getting too close to the 6800 price wise, if no joy I'll wait.

I'm coming from a 970 gaming at 1080 144hz so there isn't a down side for me really

Oh I know but we know the 3070 is a little bit behind the 2080ti but at half the price or less so unless Ryzen 5 seriously skews those numbers in AMDs favour I'd say it's not far off that order.

Personally I'll try for a FE 3070 tomorrow at MSRP anything above just won't be worth it as it starts getting too close to the 6800 price wise, if no joy I'll wait.

I'm coming from a 970 gaming at 1080 144hz so there isn't a down side for me really

Its a good time to be a pc gamer alright. I would wait for actual benchmarks to decide what goes where, its all seems so close at the moment. Feature set is going to start to matter, is DLSS, RTX, G-Sync and drivers that work worth it to you on Nvidia, certainly seems more competition in the market these days which can only be good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Same here, Im on a 1060 6GB so anything is a win win but dont wanna be paying stupid money.

I have the LG27850GL monitor so I not tied to any GPU but the 6900XT is really looking good as I had €1000 pugged away for the RTX3080.

Just got my scan dispatch mail, estimated delivery Friday.

Bloody hope it's here for the weekend!

• Advertisement

Mine is still awaiting picking!

But I didn't expect to get one before Christmas so even if it doesn't make the weekend I'll be ok!!

Advertisement