Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Mine on the way too. Hopefully I'll soon be landing planes outside the front door of my family home in flight sim this weekend. Closest I'll get to it for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

I'm still awaiting picking but hopefully it happens tonight and ships tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I think the paypal-ers are last in the queue midlander - I've been getting all the emails that other people are getting just a few hours later.

I think the paypal-ers are last in the queue midlander - I've been getting all the emails that other people are getting just a few hours later.

Ah yeah I got the rest and they took my money (Payment authorised). I know it's coming but I'd love to get it Friday

Picked. Hurray!

• Advertisement

Dispatched!

Jaysis they are working hard in Bolton tonight!

Still no movement for me. My card is coming to the midlands too guys - send it with the above one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    3080 PARTAYYYY! Congrats guys! :D

giphy.gif

Well that GIF aged like milk

Great to see a few people here actually got a card today. I built my first PC last month in anticipation of this and got screwed, so I've been using a second hand 960mini as a temporary solution (moreso that I actually could tell I had got the thing running). Been 90th in the queue on OCUK for a TUF since launch which has been frustrating since I was on the button at 2pm launch day.
    Would probably have held off for a Zen3 CPU if I'd known it'd take this long, but still reasonably content with the deal I got on 3700x + B550 board (think it was about €400 for the two).
    Anyway, be good to finally do some real gaming up on the projector screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

I missed the 3080FE alerts for Scan because I was outside collecting the new PC parts from the courier ! Gutted.

I think I'll stick my 970 into the new AMD build and limp along for a few months. See what the offerings are like then.
    I'll probably stick with Nvidia as I don't fancy replacing the gsync monitor yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Tell ye what,the 6900XT is tempting even at the extra cost over a 3080 for me.

I didnt think AMD could get it as right as they look to have got it,hopefully independent benchmarks look similar.

I'm just glad to have options,waiting around for just the 3080 was getting boring!

DISPATCHED!

I'll be waiting like a nervous bride at the door for the rest of the week!!

DISPATCHED!

It's DPD. Depot is in Athlone so if your in the miggle you should get it soon after it lands in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DISPATCHED!

Fastway be like:

cartoon-character-illustration-of-angry-young-man-courier-delivery-vector-id1240483509

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Got delivery date of Friday. Whoop whoop.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Anyone else looking to get a 3070 tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

i got a distill alert to nvidia uk 3080 drop earlier, went onto nvidia site and it was showing 649.99 where it usually shows out of stock

cudnt see a link to scan at all? what the ****..

BArra wrote: »
    i got a distill alert to nvidia uk 3080 drop earlier, went onto nvidia site and it was showing 649.99 where it usually shows out of stock

I was the same. I couldn't see it either but a guy on the Nvidia Reddit Discord posted the direct scan link so I used that.

When I clicked buy now it went to another page asking for payment and then to scan after I selected PayPal as payment method.

I had a distill alert set up on chrome but also used Web monitor on my phone as I'm not at a computer a lot of the time. The Web monitor was only updating every 5 mins so I got poxed lucky with the timing. It also didn't didn't just show the button on the nvidia page but the changed code behind it so I could actually just see the link to scan immediately and bypass nvidia's site. Might be an option for whoever distill didn't work for.

• Advertisement

When I clicked buy now it went to another page asking for payment and then to scan after I selected PayPal as payment method.

you had a buy now button on https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shop/geforce/gpu/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-gb&category=GPU&gpu=RTX%203080 ?

Yeah.

Which redirected me to scan via an initial page which asked for payment options or to sign into scan. I picked PayPal one click because it meant I wouldn't have to sign in or type out address etc. This brought me to a scan checkout with all.my details ready to go.

I then used my email address to create a scan account and after an hour or so the order showed up in my scan account order history.

When I tried the Nvidia site the place where it usually says "Out of Stock" was just blank. Luckily someone posted the scan link in discord at just that moment.

One of the guys posted it here on this thread pretty fast too to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

When I tried the Nvidia site the place where it usually says "Out of Stock" was just blank. Luckily someone posted the scan link in discord at just that moment.

One of the guys posted it here on this thread pretty fast too to be fair.

Yes this was the problem I ran into. Was actually already checking sites when I got the alert, but couldn't find a buy now button. It was sold out by the time I saw the direct link unfortunately.

Yes this was the problem I ran into. Was actually already checking sites when I got the alert, but couldn't find a buy now button. It was sold out by the time I saw the direct link unfortunately.

same, nvidia showed no buy button so gave up.. how did it show for some and not others, my distill is on a 10sec refresh..wonder was i blocked

looks like scan are changing their url to 3080 fe to combat bots from the first drop compared to the one today

same, nvidia showed no buy button so gave up.. how did it show for some and not others, my distill is on a 10sec refresh..wonder was i blocked

looks like scan are changing their url to 3080 fe to combat bots from the first drop compared to the one today

I clicked the link the second it popped in my telegram app so maybe I was just quicker?

I clicked the link the second it popped in my telegram app so maybe I was just quicker?

that telegram link was a direct url to scan page though right? so you bypassed nvidia site straight to scan

my distill alerted me to a change in the out of stock field on the nvidia 3080 page but no buy button showed and i wasnt on any telegram partalert

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

that telegram link was a direct url to scan page though right? so you bypassed nvidia site straight to scan

my distill alerted me to a change in the out of stock field on the nvidia 3080 page but no buy button showed and i wasnt on any telegram partalert

Yes this was me too, I also wondered was it because I have an app monitoring the web site, or possibly because I've already ordered a 3080 from them.

Possibly. It was very quick. I seem to remember being on the Nvidia page briefly though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

What time is the 3070 supposed to go on sale today?

Advertisement