Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

errlloyd wrote: »
    What time is the 3070 supposed to go on sale today?

1pm I think

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

1pm.

Lads there are more 3070s and 3080s today than there were 3080s in the first few weeks of it's launch.
    Lots of FEs of both live today and lots of partner 3070s.

I'll be going for a 3070FE and will be selling the 3080 I have coming (for cost!) If I get it.

1pm.

Lads there are more 3070s and 3080s today than there were 3080s in the first few weeks of it's launch.
    Lots of FEs of both live today and lots of partner 3070s.

I'll be going for a 3070FE and will be selling the 3080 I have coming (for cost!) If I get it.

I'll take that 3080 if you do decide to sell?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'll take that 3080 if you do decide to sell?

I'll DM you if I get a 3070.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

If you download the telegram app on your phone and sign up for an account it should let you, or else he has a Twitter account https://mobile.twitter.com/PartAlert

I had the same, I've 2 distills running and they said there was a change, but no Buy Now button appeared, so I initially expected it to be the same changes as earlier, but then the no text at all made me panic. I'm also part of a discord on StockDrops but they had nothing, however, thanks to SquidgyBlack for the twitter link as I followed PartAlert and stuck on notifications and it messaged me the direct link. Wasn't signed into scan on my phone which I received the notification on but did the PayPal option. The captcha was difficult on the phone though. Luckily I have a revolute card with the GPB on it linked to my PayPal so that worked for me, maybe a tip to those of you who buy from the UK. Much better rates.

My heart was going 90 though, especially when it told me I forgot to select a delivery date and there was originally only one option, I selected that then hit submit. It gave me an error, I forgot my title supposedly. I thought it was going to say sold out, but luckily it went through.

Collected by DPD at 1am and looks like it's on its way for Friday I hope.

I can't wait to finally finish building this PC I've been at for the last 8 weeks!!

I'm not sorry for not going with AMD, I think their numbers are slightly skewed with using the 5900 CPU, and they did say that using that with the 6000 GPUs will give significant uplift in performance....so I'm not committed to changing my new intel 10850 to a Ryzen with Mobo change....I think on non-5 series CPUs that the Radeons might be slightly behind the RTX30's, but at least it's a closer race now than before.

• Advertisement

Oh, also, on DPD tracking from the UK to Ireland, if you want to manage your parcel or view further details you need the postcode. The postcode is not the same as you're eircode. There's a standard one DPD use when shipping to Ireland which is:

ZZ750AA

That should unlock any safe delivery options, if they're available and give you more details. Mine now says it's on it's way to Athlone.

I'll DM you if I get a 3070.

Thanks for that Midlander, I really appreciate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Oh, also, on DPD tracking from the UK to Ireland, if you want to manage your parcel or view further details you need the postcode. The postcode is not the same as you're eircode. There's a standard one DPD use when shipping to Ireland which is:

ZZ750AA

That should unlock any safe delivery options, if they're available and give you more details. Mine now says it's on it's way to Athlone.

Deadly, mines the same and now shows that dpd are saying expected delivery Friday as well. Buzzing!

Whoop. Expected delivery for me tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Anyone else feel as though scan bury the founders edition buying well away from the the rest of the cards I can never find it unless a link is posted here 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

This https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08HJ9XFNM?ref=em_1p_0_ti&ref_=pe_2515531_203273091 became available about 15 minutes ago.

I tried to post here but boards was down?

Also it was a bit on the expensive side - €1060 delivered to Ireland!

Still it sold out in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Anyone else feel as though scan bury the founders edition buying well away from the the rest of the cards I can never find it unless a link is posted here 😂

Yep they definitely do, but it's done on purpose. They generated new links this time around compared to the last drop. All to try and avoid bots as much as possible.

They don't post them on their own site. They are only advertised on Nvidia's site. They're reselling for Nvidia.

They don't post them on their own site. They are only advertised on Nvidia's site. They're reselling for Nvidia.

i see well heres hoping in 13 mins :P

The quickest way would be for you to refresh the API for that page. That'll have the direct link on it

The quickest way would be for you to refresh the API for that page. That'll have the direct link on it

So pray to various deieties and hope for the best :pac:

590 stg for the 3070 asus tuf oc scan can go and jump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Came here to post the same.

there is no buy option there or am i missing it

• Advertisement

was fine 3 mins ago, try again now. I had one in my basket in case my friend wanted one but didn't so I dropped it

I managed to get an order in.

yeah it came up store is getting hammered naturally, have one in the basket but doubt ill make it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

there is no buy option there or am i missing it

No order option showed when I clicked on it but I came to share it anyway because I know some people here are not on the telegram and discord channels where it gets posted.

I managed to snag a 3080 yesterday via a similar link - so I'm only sharing today - not uptaking myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Scan.co.uk the only place in the UK selling founder editions?

Scan.co.uk the only place in the UK selling founder editions?

Pretty sure they are yep but they are suffering at the moment with major traffic.

Still in my basket clicked checkout now but its soo slow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

One of my mates has one for me in his basket for the last 25 mins or so, but nothing loading. Very stressful.

Edit: Just got one into my own basket on Scan

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

The checkout process took 30 minutes for me. Paypal timed out but then I managed to get it through credit card.

I have a confirmation email, but no idea if I'll actually get one

keep getting kicked from my basket and having to do the stupid captcha again and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

keep getting kicked from my basket and having to do the stupid captcha again and again

Keeps asking me for "motorbus" over and over again

Advertisement