Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fiacha wrote: »
    The checkout process took 30 minutes for me. Paypal timed out but then I managed to get it through credit card.

I have a confirmation email, but no idea if I'll actually get one

If you have an order email I'd imagine your good. Is there an estimated delivery date on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Could be a console peasant this Christmas lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I see big navi has done nothing to calm the scramble to get nvidia cards..

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If you have an order email I'd imagine your good. Is there an estimated delivery date on it?

Delivery estimate is 3rd - 4th Nov.

Just in time for the AMD order **** show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Could be a console peasant this Christmas lol.

In fairness both consoles look excellent this time around. I had a PS5 for launch but giving it to my brother and two Xbox series X going to family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Got a FE 3070 in my basket around 1.10 and just now finally got the payment made with scan. Each screen takes ages and can require refreshing or resubmitting.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

Fitz II wrote: »
    I see big navi has done nothing to calm the scramble to get nvidia cards..

There will never be a shortage of people wanting to get short-stock cards like these.

Some people don't want to wait for Navi, some people just prefer Nvidia, some specifically need Nvidia, and so on.

It is interesting looking at some of the bigger forums. A lot of people cancelling orders, but majority of people were already waiting it out anyway, given the total lack of Nvidia stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Some of the 3070 partner cards are as expensive as the 3080FE.

Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

ah well no longer in my basket **** scan and nvidia. :pac:

AMD here I come for the exact same experience with a sh1t checkout system from scan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

ah well no longer in my basket **** scan and nvidia.

same thing as me, at least it stopped me impulse buying a 3070

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Some of the 3070 partner cards are as expensive as the 3080FE.

Lol.

Why is that. Are the partner cards substantially different to the FE?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So much for postponing the 3070 launch to sort out the stock issues.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

I managed to get one on Scan that's supposed to be due on 30 November. I've been charged but I haven't got a confirmation email. I don't know if that's a bad sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

VG31 wrote: »
    I managed to get one on Scan that's supposed to be due on 30 November. I've been charged but I haven't got a confirmation email. I don't know if that's a bad sign.

Took about 30 minutes for me to get my confirmation mail yesterday for the 3080

ah well no longer in my basket **** scan and nvidia. :pac:

AMD here I come for the exact same experience with a sh1t checkout system from scan

Same issue here. Got to checkout, picked my payment method and then timed out, the service unavailable, then a 502 error and then when it came back my basket was empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

I pre-ordered one for the laugh. I'm sure I'll be number 5,000 in the queue. Still intend getting 6800XT most likely, but worst case scenario whenever the 3070 does arrive it shouldn't be too difficult to move on.

Might even bang it into my PC (3700X/32GB) and sell it, and just build brand new for 5800X and 6800XT.

There's a lot of 3070 partner cards floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

Took about 30 minutes for me to get my confirmation mail yesterday for the 3080

Just came through! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Still think Scan are handling things a lot better than overclockers.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Why is that. Are the partner cards substantially different to the FE?

Because of demand and stock issues. Its not like you can say I won't buy the expensive 3070 ill just buy a founders 3080. Founders 3080 is the only one that hasn't seen a big price hike in most retailers so sells out very quick.

Lack of patience also. It sux waiting for stock to fill out,I'm not going to pay a large premium but obviously some people will.

I started this wanting a 3080 after the launch event,now a few weeks later im thinkin I may end up with a 6800XT or a 6900XT depending on stock which is also fine just a PIA waiting around for all the launches to happen and stock to appear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

PC Gamer reporting all major retailers in UK and US are out of 3070 stock.

lol 2020 is fun

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cromelex

Had one in my basket but was unable to checkout due to the site failing so much.

A bit frustrating, but expected.

Doing a Ryzen 5600X / X570 build, wanted a 3080 or 3070, maybe even a 6800 XT but always had great experience with nvidia (currently have a 1070).

Was really trying to hedge my options now by grabbing a FE 3070. The price on the custom cards is very steep.

At least I can identify a bus and a motorcycle now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

At least I can identify a bus and a motorcycle now

A useful skill on Irish roads. It was airplanes for me, which is far less useful tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

EoinHef wrote: »
    Because of demand and stock issues. Its not like you can say I won't buy the expensive 3070 ill just buy a founders 3080. Founders 3080 is the only one that hasn't seen a big price hike in most retailers so sells out very quick.

Lack of patience also. It sux waiting for stock to fill out,I'm not going to pay a large premium but obviously some people will.

I started this wanting a 3080 after the launch event,now a few weeks later im thinkin I may end up with a 6800XT or a 6900XT depending on stock which is also fine just a PIA waiting around for all the launches to happen and stock to appear

Could be a fair bit of buyer's remorse with this nvidia release imo, which seems mad from how it felt at the time of the presentation. This entire range is going to look a lot different in 6 short months when supply issues are sorted and AMD's line up is readily available. That would make 2 generations in a row where nvidia customers feel regret/annoyance, could cause a fair bit of lasting damage to their reputation maybe/hopefully :).

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Bought a ASUS 3070 OC, would have liked the FE but both my monitors are HDMI

Upgrading from a 970...please reassure me I am not wasting my money? Bit of an impulse buy

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭bawnBeag

Scan - Pile of pants, spent 45mins with 3070 FE in the basket, issues trying to check out and eventually ended up with nothing in the basket

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

d00mk1n wrote: »

Upgrading from a 970...please reassure me I am not wasting my money? Bit of an impulse buy

That will be an immense upgrade. 3070 can handle 4k 60 if it's non RT stuff, or possibly if you use DLSS.

I put in an order for an asus oc 3070 also, 5 mins before 1pm on overclockers. I went with amazon pay though which I think will push me down the queue due to processing time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭bawnBeag

d00mk1n wrote: »

Did the same....just noticed there's no USB-C port

Advertisement