Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

I was wondering that as well. I impulse bought a 3070 yesterday, not sure I'll keep if when it eventually arrives, but the thing is a massive tank and really long. That amount of pressure on the pci-e lane cannot be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

ahhh lads, I'm delighted for ye ....no, really I am .........if ye could see the look on my face ........... it's kind of a hulk green !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

It's almost the exact same length as my Zotac 1070 but is actually not as wide. It's a long time since I've had the Zotac out of the case but from memory it's a lot lighter than this beast.

jonski wrote:
    ahhh lads, I'm delighted for ye ....no, really I am .........if ye could see the look on my face ........... it's kind of a hulk green !

Yes....that's quite the card....

gFLkS23.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I have to sit looking at it until after work now! :(

The thing is built like a tank. I've no GPU bracket so I'm wondering if I need to put some sort of a prop under the tail of it to protect my board.

I used lego on my 1080 Gamerock to hold it up (which is a monstrosity of a card)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Homelander wrote: »
    I was wondering that as well. I impulse bought a 3070 yesterday, not sure I'll keep if when it eventually arrives, but the thing is a massive tank and really long. That amount of pressure on the pci-e lane cannot be good.

First thing that came up in search results. :pac:

But nah, it's fine.
    PCIe slots are stronger than people realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Dunno if it's much use to anyone but CCL has the MSI 3070 in stock right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

x43r0 wrote: »

Coming with a support bracket, nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Mine is due for delivery today at a time when j won't be home so had to opt for it to be delivered to a DPD pickup point. Won't get to collect it till tomorrow but no work next week means a whole week of playing around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

x43r0 wrote: »

All in other customers baskets :(

• Advertisement

zefer wrote: »

Aha, there's probably a queue of about 10,000 people for someone to not follow through.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Arrived. But now need some triple 8pin connector. Where I find that in Dublin?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

zefer wrote: »

So gone :rolleyes: or the bots got it its a bit steep over the MSRP but better than overclockers at 629 stg thats not goughing at all is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Aha, there's probably a queue of about 10,000 people for someone to not follow through.

ha yeah all those yanks desperate for cards too. Its the one good thing overclockers have done is limit sales to UK and Ireland they could include europe to be fair, too bad the rest dont americans have loads of stores to choose from and physical ones too plus they get priority over europe regards stock id say.

Really annoys me the 8 pin cables not included in the box
    Would CPU 8 pin be okay or it need to be Pcie?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Mine just arrived.... Woah, it's an absolute unit. Fits well, no real movement or sag in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Also, it's about more than average or max frames.

It varies from game to game, but generally speaking, you actually would have gotten much more benefit out of getting a Ryzen 3600, B450M and something like a 5600XT.

Really appreciate the knowledgable posters in here, in a dramatic U-turn I am gonna cancel that 3070 ASUS Dual & do more research about a Ryzen / 6900 build

I’m gonna need a new board, processor & PSU if I keep that 3070, may as well long term plan a new PC

Really annoys me the 8 pin cables not included in the box
    Would CPU 8 pin be okay or it need to be Pcie?

CPU 8 pin is keyed differently to PCI-E, wouldn't recommend it.

You'll have to make sure if you're buying cables that they're specific to your psu as well, they're not all cross compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Arrived. But now need some triple 8pin connector. Where I find that in Dublin?

Which power supply do you have?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Which power supply do you have?

Corsair 860

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Corsair 860

If it's an AX you want to look for Corsair Type 3 PCIe connectors. There's a compatibility chart on the Corsair site https://www.corsair.com/us/en/psu-cable-compatibility

I know Amazon have the fancy braided ones but they're pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Amazon Italy cancelled that order from yesterday.

According to a review from the AX860 in 2013 even that one came with 3 x 8 pin. I guess it's possible as well you might have lost or misplaced one cable over time though. Major pain.

8MEyJAe_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Hopefully Seasonic gets more of those 12 pin cables in stock soon, because that adapter is wrecking my head.

But I couldn't care less at the moment :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Position 244 for an evga xc3 black 3080 according to Overclockers. I'll be lucky to get it by Christmas at this rate. I bought it about 9pm on launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Position 244 for an evga xc3 black 3080 according to Overclockers. I'll be lucky to get it by Christmas at this rate. I bought it about 9pm on launch day

Fook that noise....no way Id wait for that.

You have the patience of a saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Fook that noise....no way Id wait for that.

You have the patience of a saint.
    Well I'm in no rush and may as well maintain my place in the queue. I can get a look at AMD's 6800 benchmarks and either cancel or sell it if the 6800 stock is better then Nvidia's poor attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

8MEyJAe_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Hopefully Seasonic gets more of those 12 pin cables in stock soon, because that adapter is wrecking my head.

But I couldn't care less at the moment :P

I really want to grab 1 of those cases. Where's your bottom mounted fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Mine is due for delivery today at a time when j won't be home so had to opt for it to be delivered to a DPD pickup point. Won't get to collect it till tomorrow but no work next week means a whole week of playing around with it.

Scratch that. It arrived as I was on my way out the door so it'll be there when I get home tomorrow morning. Hurray.

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote: »
    I really want to grab 1 of those cases. Where's your bottom mounted fans?

Haven't mounted them, my 1080 Gamerock was a 3 slot card so would only fit slim fans like the noctua 15mm. That and the usb 3 port position on this asus b450 means you have to loop the cable back and it interferes with the mounting holes.

Have a usb 2 to usb 3 header so will slap that in at some point and stick two fans under it, but the temps have been pretty decent since I've had it. Usually hit max 65ish on the cpu and 70-75 on the gpu when stress testing and that was with a pretty late fan curve.

Advertisement