Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Overheal wrote: »
    How are you comparing streaming performance?

Every metric, but even if we just look at the impact streaming at 1080p at high bit rates at 60fps has on performance, Nvidia obliterates AMD, like it's not even close. If you're streaming from a single desktop setup especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Here's a video worth watching.

Look, I really hope AMD can make amazing GPU's that push Nvida (and Intel's GPU department), and push innovations which would be great for all consumers.

But jesus we've had a lot of false dawns.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cromelex

Scan just provided an update on my 3070.
    Just goes to show how little stock there is for Ampere.
    I still kind of want a 3080 or a 6800XT... But going to stick with it just because I managed to grab it for just 469 GBP.

LN110436 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB Trinity Ampere Graphics Card
    Your current queue position is 39. We are working hard with our suppliers and partners to get an estimated arrival date, please watch your email for further updates

• Registered Users Posts: 28,040 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So Scan are offering a refund or replacement but can't tell me when they expect to have a replacement available.

If anyone has a Founders 3070 or 3080 available give me a shout.

Then if I get this replaced I'll offer it up here for cost price.

Update 2.

Collection being arranged for this week and I've being now told they have stock of the FE in the warehouse so I should have a new card within five days of them receiving the damaged card.

Not sure I believe they have stock but I'm going to take a chance on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

Update 2.

Collection being arranged for this week and I've been told they have stock of the FE in the warehouse so I should have a new card within five days of them receiving the damaged card.

Not sure I believe they have stock but I'm going to take a chance on it.

Not sure if the FE is different, but they do have stock set aside for their own prebuilt systems, which have been intermittently in stock on their website.

• Advertisement

Not sure if the FE is different, but they do have stock set aside for their own prebuilt systems, which have been intermittently in stock on their website.

I'm wondering if Nvidia shipped them a couple of thousand cards and have said to only release a few hundred each drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Poor Kaylee from OCUK going to get fired
    V0ryL49.png

How can they get away with this

gibgodsman wrote: »
    V0ryL49.png

I don't think they'd have as many angry customers if they didn't take the money straight away.

I don't think they'd have as many angry customers if they didn't take the money straight away.

They keep shooting themselves in the foot too, telling everyone about upcoming delivery's which are just completely vanishing.

They also suggested they were the main Nvidia supplier in the UK, which clearly, they ain't

As soon as I find a card anywhere else that ain't scalper price, ill be jumping ship, only moved 60 places from 1180 since the start of October

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

There seems to be some 3080's on Amazon uk today . Mad prices though
    MSIGeforce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC - Price: £1,299.99 .
    ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity OC - £1,389.00
    MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio - £1,399.99

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    There seems to be some 3080's on Amazon uk today . Mad prices though
    MSIGeforce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC - Price: £1,299.99 .
    ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity OC - £1,389.00
    MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio - £1,399.99

Scalpers

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Vs those prices, right now there is a 3090 on mindfactory for €1652.56.

I think my favourite so far was a card on Amazon from a seller called something like "sorry for scalping" ;)

Scalpers

Yeah , but they were the prices in the official MSI Store and Zotac Store on Amazon .

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Something like "Visit the MSI store" on the page doesn't mean it's from them and I don't see them in their store. Right now I see those prices and it's a Zotac from a "just launched" seller and the MSIs from "Phone Exchange" who at least have feedback but it's 16% negative in the last year and 20% in the last 30 days.

minitrue wrote: »
    Something like "Visit the MSI store" on the page doesn't mean it's from them and I don't see them in their store. Right now I see those prices and it's a Zotac from a "just launched" seller and the MSIs from "Phone Exchange" who at least have feedback but it's 16% negative in the last year and 20% in the last 30 days.

Sneaky feckers ! , well I learned something new today .

jonski wrote: »
    Yeah , but they were the prices in the official MSI Store and Zotac Store on Amazon .

Yeah other guy beat me to it, that ain't the real stores

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭bawnBeag

V0ryL49.png

Who's the competitor company?

bawnBeag wrote: »
    Who's the competitor company?

Ebuyer

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭bawnBeag

Ebuyer

Cheers! 82nd in queue for 3070 ASUS TUF OC. Probably unlikely to get it anytime soon.

Anyone had any success ordering elsewhere or at least in a shorter queue position?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Had my twitter alert open, a 3070 came in on Amazon.co.uk, went to buy it immediately, literally within seconds and it was gone. 470 GBP. There are definitely bots picking these things up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Had my twitter alert open, a 3070 came in on Amazon.co.uk, went to buy it immediately, literally within seconds and it was gone. 470 GBP. There are definitely bots picking these things up.

There is, but you don't have to pay for them.

https://github.com/Hari-Nagarajan/nvidia-bot

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Anyone in for the MSI 3080 Gaming Trio X? What is the queue like on Overclockers? I see Gibbo on Overclockers said they are due in a very large amount.

A large MSI delivery is due later this week:
    3070 Gaming Trio X - LARGE AMOUNT
    3070 Ventus 2X - OK Amount
    3080 Gaming Trio X - VERY LARGE AMOUNT
    3090 Ventus 3X - OK amount.

MSI volumes seem to be improving. Asus and Gigabyte are still flagging.

Also a sad update on Inno3D the 3080 X3/X4 we were expecting was a communication error, they are actually 3070's and we can only pass on our apologies for this communication error, I have pushed Inno3D to try and secure us some 3080 X3/X4 urgently, they are trying but 3080 GPU's seem like gold dust still in general.

PNY 3090 a large amount is due end of this week.
    PNY 3080 a small amount is due end of this week.

A lot shall be relieved to see this !!

A very small amount of Asus Strix 3080 arriving this week, NONE OC versions! :)

Also a small amount of Asus Strix 3070 OC arriving this week too!

Thats from his latest posts.

Just pre ordered another Strix off Amazon Italy for about 60 quid more than I paid for Overclockers Que system, Amazon says they expect them by 20th November, Overclockers was looking like Feb at the earliest, lets see which I get first

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Could not bring myself to order from OCUK tbh, hate the way they take the money straight away for a product with an open ended delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Could not bring myself to order from OCUK tbh, hate the way they take the money straight away for a product with an open ended delivery date.

Same here. I had placed an order for a 3080 with them, when the page was showing availability something like September 27th. Then that changed and the date was removed, only to later tell us that they have no clue when they will get stock and start filling orders.

It got a bit better with the 3090 launch, in that they showed no availability dates for any of them, making it clear upfront.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

And if you need a refund you will loose money in transfer euro/pound

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

It seems OC have lost a lot of good will and reputation over the course of this process!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

And if you need a refund you will loose money in transfer euro/pound

Jaysus never even thought of that.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Okay more 3070's starting to roll in now, got a few in the basket, price around 650 eur. Am not in a hurry, and might get a 3080 instead, but will wait either way. Glad stock is finally coming in to certain places.

For anyone sick of waiting on the OC cards, this is a great alert, more than a few being sold from Amazon - https://twitter.com/PartAlert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Had the Palit 3070 in my basket but it turns out to be triple slot and won't fit my NXZT case. My other PC has space, but I want a decent upgrade from a 2080ti for that one.

Advertisement