Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

and a beer to whoever posted the link to the telegram room here

one thing, no mention on the scan invoice for geforce now free sub or cod cold war code

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

BArra wrote: »
    one thing, no mention on the scan invoice for geforce now free sub or cod cold war code

I got mine before I even got my dispatch email. (ordered yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

errlloyd wrote: »
    I got mine before I even got my dispatch email. (ordered yesterday)

Yeah same here, but no cod with the 3070 so meh wasn't gonna play the 45 min campaign anyways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

BArra wrote: »

I haven't received any info about these either. I saw a fella in the telegram chat yesterday say he rang them and they said they are working through them and we'll get an email at some stage, if we don't to just get back on to them.

• Advertisement

well its shown here -> https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/callofduty-blackops-coldwar

so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Some MSI 3070, 3080 & 3090 in stock on mindfactory.de, sadly with some additional markup on RRP if anyone is deperate. You would need to ship it a mail forwarding company as mindfactory only deliver to consumers within Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

Got a queue update, I have moved one entire place in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Homelander wrote: »

That would piss me off.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Will have my msi 3080 on Monday, a little worried about clearance with my water res but hopefully it'll just squeeze in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

What are you queueing for?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

I have went from 1180 to 1020 on the Strix Gaming OC on OCUK, only 8 cards dispatched in the month since ordering, rest were cancellations.

Went and ordered one from Alternate in Germany and DHL will deliver it to my forwarding mailbox tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You buy the Strix? For €969?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah same here, but no cod with the 3070 so meh wasn't gonna play the 45 min campaign anyways :pac:

Ah ****. I didn't catch that. I probably will end up buying cold war then.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

EoinHef wrote: »
    You buy the Strix? For €969?

Got it cheaper as I used the company I worked for to get it VAT free

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

gibgodsman wrote:
    I have went from 1180 to 1020 on the Strix Gaming OC on OCUK, only 8 cards dispatched in the month since ordering, rest were cancellations.

Jaysus :eek:

I wonder if we should actually feel sorry for OC at this stage. I always thought they seemed like a solid outfit, maybe dealing with nvidia is just impossible. For retailers, customers, AIBs.

I know OC had a tax on top of the msrp of the cards but does that definitely go to them? I could see why the cost would legitimately go up when demand is that high - factory overtime, faster shipping, distributors charging more etc. At this stage OC have taken in a load of money which you get nothing for having sitting in a bank, must be spending all day dealing with CS requests/complaints and I think the CC companies get annoyed when they start seeing a large number of refund requests come in? Then the damage to their reputation...

Honestly might have been better for them if just sat this one out :o

EDIT: Hmmm, I see they still have all these cards up for pre-order with no mention of wait times/supply issues on the product page at least. Maybe feck them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

What are you queueing for?

KFA 3070 SG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Its so nice of people to lend money to these companies at zero interest, I cancelled my order and paid a small premium on the secondary market. Sometimes your time just has more value. Still crappy launch, and Navi will be the same, looks like Ryzen 5000 series is the same too. Is this the new normal for tech launches?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Fitz II wrote: »
    Is this the new normal for tech launches?

The Ryzen launch didn't seem as bad as this? And the sentiment is that there'll be a steady supply of those but early days.

Very real possibility this is an 'nvidia thing'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

02/10/2020 queue position 65
    14/10/2020 queue position 62
    23/10/2020 queue position 60
    30/10/2020 queue position 55
    06/11/2020 queue position 51

If I could be guaranteed to get every cent refunded I'd probably get a refund. But the last time I received a refund of an original value of £639.50 which was €780.07 in my paypal I received a refund of €745.78 just 2 days later. I lost €35 in the exchange rate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Thats the biggest problem in all this. Taking peoples money when they have no idea when the can provide the item they've paid for. It shouldn't be allowed. They aren't alone on that score though, far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well if people did not pay them in advance for something they would not do it......its like buying magic beans!

As much as I am absolutely losing the will to leave after building a new PC without a high end GPU I aint giving in to that ****e!

You don't have much choice if you want one at the beginning. You pay thinking you're getting one, its only after you find out its pre order. I'm in the same boat with Scan for a 5900x now, I paid as I thought I was getting one but the checkout took so long it seems I may not be, still says November 10th delivery but it still hasn't shipped so I might soon be in the boat of having paid for something they can't give me yet.

.G. wrote: »
    You don't have much choice if you want one at the beginning. You pay thinking you're getting one, its only after you find out its pre order. I'm in the same boat with Scan for a 5900x now, I paid as I thought I was getting one but the checkout took so long it seems I may not be, still says November 10th delivery but it still hasn't shipped so I might soon be in the boat of having paid for something they can't give me yet.

I beg to differ m8, I am desperate for a 3080 series or a 6000 series GPU have been since launch. And I get what your saying.... but no way I was giving etailers 1000 euro with no delivery date....not a chance.

I tried the twitter/phone alerts and never got one but I will be ready for the F5 marathon on launch day for the AMD GPUs hopefully I get one.

You're missing my point. Many paid for their cards on launch day only to get bumped into endless pre order queues they didn't know they were entering due to the pathetic stock levels. If you've paid for one after launch day then you deserve what you get, i.e. nothing until god knows when.

Like I said, in my case my CPU was in stock and available when I bought it, by the time I got it checked out a mere 6 or so minutes later it wasn't. I'm still hopeful I get it soon but I can see why people end up in these queues through no fault of their own and then they have to decide to take and hit a lose money by getting a refund or wait it out.

I'll be going all out for a RX 6900 myself and will probably end up in the same boat again too! Ideally I get one from Amazon who don't charge until they have it so send.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,924 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I beg to differ m8, I am desperate for a 30 series or a 6000 series GPU have been since launch. And I get what your saying.... but no way I was giving etailers 1000 euro with no delivery date....not a chance.

I tried the twitter/phone alerts and never got one but I will be ready for the F5 marathon on launch day for the AMD GPUs hopefully I get one.

You should be able to get a 3070 with the alerts now. I've had quite a few in the basket the last few days (the FE I snagged is on the way). The trick is to have the phone on vibrate right beside where you are working, then click the link straight away. I'm not talking about crazy prices, I was only going for sub 600 sterling 3070's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

600 sterling for a 3070 is crazy prices though.

The 6800 from AMD will be a similar price and it's (maybe) around 20% faster with twice the memory.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You should be able to get a 3070 with the alerts now. I've had quite a few in the basket the last few days (the FE I snagged is on the way). The trick is to have the phone on vibrate right beside where you are working, then click the link straight away. I'm not talking about crazy prices, I was only going for sub 600 sterling 3070's.

Absolutely zero interest in the 3070s mate.....cheers for the heads up about stock all the same. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

I had a 3070 as part of a build I ordered on CyberPower UK. I called them and they said they had a bunch of them and I have been allocated one, MSI Ventus X2. Build was estimated to complete the 17th Nov. You can’t actually order components from them as they only do builds, hence why they probably have more stock than most.

In the end cancelled that order as I decided to wait for the AMD offering and independent benchmarks to come out. Don’t want to buy a card only for it to be blown out of the water 2 weeks later.

If the 3070 had more VRAM I’d have stuck with it. I don’t want to buy a card I need to replace in a couple of years in order to run high GFX settings on 1440p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

slade_x wrote: »
    02/10/2020 queue position 65
    14/10/2020 queue position 62
    23/10/2020 queue position 60
    30/10/2020 queue position 55
    06/11/2020 queue position 51

If I could be guaranteed to get every cent refunded I'd probably get a refund. But the last time I received a refund of an original value of £639.50 which was €780.07 in my paypal I received a refund of €745.78 just 2 days later. I lost €35 in the exchange rate

I could be wrong on this, but those numbers look more like people dropping out of the queue above you than OCUK getting 2x a certain card in a 9 day period, right?

Also, that's a big difference, could it be on Paypals end?

Advertisement