Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

thats almost too predictable and it happens in such a short time frame lol. bet nvidia was planning to release that after at least 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

seraphimvc wrote: »
    thats almost too predictable and it happens in such a short time frame lol. bet nvidia was planning to release that after at least 6 months

I don't think they had planned on going as high a spec on it until AMD showed their cards. Rumor is that its the same chip as a 3090 just with lower memory bandwidth from 320bit vs 384bit bus and no nvlink (not that sli is useful for gaming anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

djivide_ wrote: »
    I don't think they had planned on going as high a spec on it until AMD showed their cards. Rumor is that its the same chip as a 3090 just with lower memory bandwidth from 320bit vs 384bit bus and no nvlink (not that sli is useful for gaming anymore)

Sure who'd have room for two 3090s anyhow

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

very true :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I do, and I've ran SLI since the days of the GTX 295, 11 year ago.

But it's different now, SLI really is completely dead, so I've gone with a single 3090, despite originally considering a SLI setup of them.

That 3090 is getting a waterblock next week, my EK ones finally shipped today, after being delayed. I'll take some pics if people want them. If it works I'll post them, unless I kill the card.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    I do, and I've ran SLI since the days of the GTX 295, 11 year ago.

But it's different now, SLI really is completely dead, so I've gone with a single 3090, despite originally considering a SLI setup of them.

That 3090 is getting a waterblock next week, my EK ones finally shipped today, after being delayed. I'll take some pics if people want them. If it works I'll post them, unless I kill the card.

Can you explain the waterblock to me. Does it slot into the card itself or is it taking up a Pcei slot?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can you explain the waterblock to me. Does it slot into the card itself or is it taking up a Pcei slot?

The cooling shroud and fans are completely removed and replaced by it. If anything it frees up a PCI slots, since it's so much thinner.

The cooling shroud and fans are completely removed and replaced by it. If anything it frees up a PCI slots, since it's so much thinner.

Cheers. Might look into that. Although my 3090 hovers around 65C when playing intense game.

All Eyes On Rafah

Cheers. Might look into that. Although my 3090 hovers around 65C when playing intense game.

Bear in mind you'll need other components, radiator, pump, reservoir, tubing, fittings etc. I already have a watercooling loop that this is being integrated into.

Bear in mind you'll need other components, radiator, pump, reservoir, tubing, fittings etc. I already have a watercooling loop that this is being integrated into.

Wonder if I can work it into my Kraken X62.

Might wait, I'll be changing the motherboard and CPU in the new year anyhow.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Wonder if I can work it into my Kraken X62.

Might wait, I'll be changing the motherboard and CPU in the new year anyhow.

Those are non-standard fittings, so it seems unlikely.

Those are non-standard fittings, so it seems unlikely.

A project for the new year so!!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

@ Spear,

Yeah deffo stick up some pics mate. Would love to see it, Id love to get the Asus RTX3080 with the closed water loop basically an AIO cooler for the GPU no other gear needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

NZXT do a bracket to mount an AIO on the GPU dont they?

Probably be cheaper to buy all that than an Asus with a pre attached AIO:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Replacement FE 3070 on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

TitianGerm wrote: »

Got my order on monday still have to put it in :pac: im suprised they didnt ship it to you straight away rather than only now considering the last 3070 drop was thursday.

Got my order on monday still have to put it in :pac: im suprised they didnt ship it to you straight away rather than only now considering the last 3070 drop was thursday.

They only received it yesterday morning and testing was completed yesterday evening. Got an email before lunch to say replacement was to be issued and then shipping confirmation after lunch.

Maybe I'll have it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

nice you got sorted fairly quick, might be an indication of an imminent drop from scan tommorow or friday

eyes peeled 12-3pm for those on the hunt

BArra wrote: »
    nice you got sorted fairly quick, might be an indication of an imminent drop from scan tommorow or friday

eyes peeled 12-3pm for those on the hunt

They originally told me they had stock on hand so maybe they're only drip feeding the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

They only received it yesterday morning and testing was completed yesterday evening. Got an email before lunch to say replacement was to be issued and then shipping confirmation after lunch.

Maybe I'll have it on Friday.

Testing

Hold card upside down,does fan fall out?:P

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26 bubbagumss

i read yesterday NVidia wants its card makers to charge 250 dollars for new cards that will be out soon the card makers are compliant that there's no profit so they want NVidia to sell the gpu and nvm for less the cards must be just below the 3700

or they want to be able to sell the cards at 270 dollars

EoinHef wrote: »
    Testing

Hold card upside down,does fan fall out?:P

Probably the extent of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

bubbagumss wrote: »
    i read yesterday NVidia wants its card makers to charge 250 dollars for new cards that will be out soon the card makers are compliant that there's no profit so they want NVidia to sell the gpu and nvm for less the cards must be just below the 3700

or they want to be able to sell the cards at 270 dollars

Welcome back Bobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

i put in the 3080, really needs a direct 12 pin with no bulky adapter, i'll wait for cablemods version due to release on 20/11

few pics, inside a corsair 280x (bad lighting)

20201111-205238-1.jpg 20201112-084214.jpg 20201112-084225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I think everyone has their preference. Usually keep mine colour blue, unless playing a horror game, switch everything to red or watching BSG

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A lot of 3090s becoming available, understandable tbh.

I holding off (still have 2 on long order) see how the 6900s do.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,420 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think everyone has their preference. Usually keep mine colour blue, unless playing a horror game, switch everything to red or watching BSG

He plays for Team Green, let it be green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

dreamers75 wrote: »
    A lot of 3090s becoming available, understandable tbh.

I holding off (still have 2 on long order) see how the 6900s do.

They price is waaay too high imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Just got GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3080 on Amazon Uk there, had to go through parcel motel, got it for £688.30 total and had €150 quid voucher! Delighted!!!

Advertisement