Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

this might be rubbish, but heads up for scan 3080 fe stock per image

read on overclockers forum, going by wording maybe drop this thursday or friday or monday...past drops were between midday and 3pm, the last was at 2.13pm on 6th november

https://i.imgur.com/CmgwvkJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

That kinda takes me back to Poland in 80's. Queeves and list but no stock in stores.
    I think thats now is the worst time for someone who would like to build a new pc, sure the new cpu/gpu are great but try to get one in hands without getting scalped or getting empty box, a tough one.
    A friend of mine just paid over 700€ for PS5, couldnt get preorder on one. The 2020 is really a ****ty year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

there was a 3070 FE and 3090 FE drop from scan today

no mention of it here, 3.16pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yep notebookbillinger.de also got 3070, 3080 and 3090 FE today. I had a 3080 in my basket (for 700 euro!), went to amazon pay only to find they don't ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Darwin wrote: »
    Yep notebookbillinger.de also got 3070, 3080 and 3090 FE today. I had a 3080 in my basket (for 700 euro!), went to amazon pay only to find they don't ship to Ireland.

mailbox.de is your friend.

• Advertisement

I know, but I didn't have it setup and the cards disappear pretty quickly. I would generally prefer to buy from a place that ships directly in case of problems with returns etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

CJhaughey wrote: »
    mailboxde.com is your friend.

Fixed.

cclonline have stock of 3080's now, but impossible to add to basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

"All our stock is in other users baskets"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

3070 FE and 3090 FE just popped up on Scan according to telegram - for anyone still looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

3070 FE and 3090 FE just popped up on Scan according to telegram - for anyone still looking.

3070 FE still available.

Had one in my basket but decided against it, really want a 3080 for my sim racing rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Had 2 3080s in my basket on different PCs and could not get either.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Star Lord wrote: »
    "All our stock is in other users baskets"

Think you may have been too late to the party unfortunately, they had 3080s from most brands drop very shortly after 2pm.

Another frustrating day, computeruniverse.net had stock of 1 Asus Tuf 3080, I immediately ordered and later account shows 'availability unknown'. There seems to be a disconnect between the front and back ends of their website. Alternate.de later showing availability of two EVGA 3080 models, I ordered one of each to be sure. Because I'm from outside Germany, they have to send an invitation to buy with Irish VAT and shipping. Haven't heard a word since. I've found another German retailer with stock of 9 PNY 3080's but priced at 1100 euro which is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Cant see prices but the TUF is supposed to be more budget line from Asus and the ROG Strix is from the high end line.

Depending on the GPU the difference from budget to high end can be big,usually the cooler will be better on the premium models or they have more features like RGB,bios switches,more accessories in the box etc

Personally its a trade off for me,i want to get the coolest card I can afford. Not too bothered about the extras. Thats why I like the 3080 TUF so much,well at its original price anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

EoinHef wrote: »
    Cant see prices but the TUF is supposed to be more budget line from Asus and the ROG Strix is from the high end line.

Depending on the GPU the difference from budget to high end can be big,usually the cooler will be better on the premium models or they have more features like RGB,bios switches,more accessories in the box etc

Personally its a trade off for me,i want to get the coolest card I can afford. Not too bothered about the extras. Thats why I like the 3080 TUF so much,well at its original price anyway

Pretty sure I saw the TUF getting rave reviews when the usual heads started releasing review vids

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

slade_x wrote: »
    02/10/2020 queue position 65
    14/10/2020 queue position 62
    23/10/2020 queue position 60
    30/10/2020 queue position 55
    06/11/2020 queue position 51

If I could be guaranteed to get every cent refunded I'd probably get a refund. But the last time I received a refund of an original value of £639.50 which was €780.07 in my paypal I received a refund of €745.78 just 2 days later. I lost €35 in the exchange rate
    slade_x wrote: »
    13/11/2020 You are currently in queue position 45

Just had another update 40 mins ago

20/11/2020 You are currently in queue position 42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm now in Queue position 6. Moved from 9 three weeks ago. Somehow I think all 3 are cancellations.

At this point I already got a RX6800 so I'll just wait for the 3070 to lob into a 2nd PC or sell. Would be really annoying on top of everything else to lose money on a refund.

That's pretty painful, but one consolation is you haven't had a scalping on the price. I've cancelled now twice with computeruniverse, but managed to get an invitation to buy from alternate.de (with Irish VAT and correct delivery rates came to over a grand). They claim they are getting stock of EVGA 3080 FTW in two working days so we will see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Scan has 3090 in stock So does overclockers.

I thought they were very scarce ... But plenty around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

x43r0 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw the TUF getting rave reviews when the usual heads started releasing review vids

Yeah it looks to be a great performer temp wise and at its price on launch day was very good in comparison to other models.

If I do eventually get a 3080 I would really like to get the TUF or an FE. Id prefer the TUF though because of temps.

At this stage ill be as likely to be getting a 6800XT givin the stock situations though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

One of the best performing 3080s is the Palit Game Rock if you can get past the initial look of the card. It has the 2 bios option also and is so well built, just stick it on one static colour and you sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

weisses wrote: »
    Scan has 3090 in stock So does overclockers.

I thought they were very scarce ... But plenty around

Probably because most people don't want to spend £1500+ on a GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Probably because most people don't want to spend £1500+ on a GPU.

The sensible approach on what to spend on a GPU went out the window a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Do you think there will be any 3080 stock hitting suppliers before the end of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Advertisement