Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Its kind of a joke right now. Definitely one of the worst years I remember for gpus. There only handful high end cards, that scalpers taking away and on top of that retailers scalping too. No mid range gpus out at all. You can't even get old generation ones at this point as they are out of stock or extremely over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Second hand market is the way to go if you want mid range or lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

For someone who’s out of the loop, what’s a good price on a used RTX 2070 super? Looking at one for 499 Pounds Sterling which seems a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's pretty steep. The MSRP of a 3070 FE.

I wouldn't spend any more than €400 on 1 at this stage. Even that is steep. €350 would be a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

The 3070 FE is €540 delivered from Scan.

Paying more than than for one is mental.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

The 3070 FE is €540 delivered from Scan.

Paying more than than for one is mental.

Yeah thought that was odd, got my evga 3080 xc gamingblack for around €700 at launch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

With the 6800XT going for €900 Id rather bite my lip and get a 3090 with all the loverly GDDR6x memory TBH.

Bought a Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB Gaming OC that was amazingly in stock. Paid over the odds. 620 Pounds, but at least I'll be able to play some 1440p games on my new PC over the Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Bought a Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB Gaming OC that was amazingly in stock. Paid over the odds. 620 Pounds, but at least I'll be able to play some 1440p games on my new PC over the Christmas.

Ridiculous, you have to do without unless you get it at RRP, and spend all the time you wait grumbling about prices, availability. Then when they are RRP you need to drone on about the next Navi release or Nvidia release and how it will be better. Admonish anyone that pays even a euro over the odd just cause they want to play their games and have nice new things....you are a amateur at this graphics card malarkey. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Enjoy the card, the market will set the price and if you can afford it and want it get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cromelex

cromelex wrote: »
    I ordered a 3070 on Scan on release day, was 39th in the Queue, this is the current position:

LN110436 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB Trinity Ampere Graphics Card
    Your current queue position is 27.

I'm glad i managed to grab the 3080 in the end... Still haven't cancelled the 3070 as thought I could just sell it and recover the cost, whereas I might loose on the exchange rate or something.

I should have complained earlier - looks like they received this evening, should ship soon!

Any takers in Dublin? Otherwise it will go up on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

slade_x wrote: »
    02/10/2020 queue position 65
    14/10/2020 queue position 62
    23/10/2020 queue position 60
    30/10/2020 queue position 55
    06/11/2020 queue position 51

If I could be guaranteed to get every cent refunded I'd probably get a refund. But the last time I received a refund of an original value of £639.50 which was €780.07 in my paypal I received a refund of €745.78 just 2 days later. I lost €35 in the exchange rate

Another update just now, Might as well consolidate them

13/11/2020 queue position 45
    20/11/2020 queue position 42
    27/11/2020 queue position 40

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

slade_x wrote: »
    Another update just now, Might as well consolidate them

13/11/2020 queue position 45
    20/11/2020 queue position 42
    27/11/2020 queue position 40

So you should have it in 13 weeks time :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So you should have it in 13 weeks time :pac:

It would be hilarious if I didn't get it before it becomes widely available and everyone else that wanted one got one before me, after having pre ordered in the first half hour of launch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm still in the same position I was 3 weeks ago. Single digits. Think I will just opt for a refund at this stage. Ridiculous.

OCUK as well can go suck one. They have people that are literally - no joke - in the thousands in queue. People they took the full amount off, up front.

All while they seem to be getting almost no stock compared to other UK retailers. Not sure what went on there, but it's turned me right off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Prices for some 3060tis according to videocardz

Looks like if you want a GPU in the next while you need to ignore MSRP and just pay what you're comfortable with/can.

I'm guessing at this stage Nvidia fudged the MSRP on all these cards to look good?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Prices for some 3060tis according to videocardz

Looks like if you want a GPU in the next while you need to ignore MSRP and just pay what you're comfortable with/can.

I'm guessing at this stage Nvidia fudged the MSRP on all these cards to look good?

2020 just gets worse and worse. Hopefully, the supply issues get sorted soon.

• Site Banned Posts: 47 Saralace

According to Amazon UK, Nvidia's partners will start sales of their GeForce RTX 3060 Ti products on December 2, 2020,as will other sellers in europe

Also at ebuyer .
    Over clockers and scan uk websites

Saralace wrote: »
    According to Amazon UK, Nvidia's partners will start sales of their GeForce RTX 3060 Ti products on December 2, 2020,as will other sellers in europe

Also at ebuyer .
    Over clockers and scan uk websites

We all know how that’s going to work out.

Would literally give me left testicle for a 3080ti.....I was seconds away from buying a 3090 last night just to be DONE with it all.

The least AMD/nVidia could do is have a dedicated "Samaritans" type hotline for people in depair!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Cordell

Mee too, I'm done with them anyway:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

I have an inno3D GeForce RTX 3070 iChill X3 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card on order from overclockers , thought it might be faster delivery as not one of the most popular cards ,
    moved from 36 to 35 since the 12 th of this month , tempted to cancel and order a 3060ti on launch ,

just missed out on a 3070 on currys by minutes , have all the bits for a new build inc a 5600X , I hate waiting for anything so im a sucker for overpaying but can't drink so if I don't spend the money the BOSS will .

Tony H wrote: »
    I have an inno3D GeForce RTX 3070 iChill X3 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card on order from overclockers , thought it might be faster delivery as not one of the most popular cards ,
    moved from 36 to 35 since the 12 th of this month , tempted to cancel and order a 3060ti on launch ,

just missed out on a 3070 on currys by minutes , have all the bits for a new build inc a 5600X , I hate waiting for anything so im a sucker for overpaying but can't drink so if I don't spend the money the BOSS will .

One of the worst brands to order, apparently all their stock goes to the India and Asia markets.

I have an ichill 1060GTX and its very good. But was looking at a youtube vid of the 3090 and it was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    One of the worst brands to order, apparently all their stock goes to the India and Asia markets.

I have an ichill 1060GTX and its very good. But was looking at a youtube vid of the 3090 and it was terrible.

my son has an inno gtx 1060 and it has had no problems , but I don't know , ill keep an eye and hopefully might be able to source from elsewhere before Christmas

• Site Banned Posts: 47 Saralace

All those scalpers we have been hearing about may actually turn out to be crypto miners hoarding the new RTX 3000 cards for Ethereum mining farms. Analysts somehow discovered that Nvidia has already sold $175 million worth of RTX 3000 cards and most of these sales were made directly to crypto miners.word on the street is that Nvidia had decent RTX 3000 launch stocks, but chose to sell most of those cards directly to crypto miners.Nvidia managed to sell at least $175 million worth of RTX 3000 cards directly to miners, and this would be reflected in the strong 37% YoY growth reported with the last quarter’s earnings. RBC Capital Markets analyst Mitch Steves further points out that: “...the upcoming network upgrade of the Ethereum blockchain, also known as Ethereum 2.0, which is scheduled to take place sometime in December, demands that miners switch over to more efficient mining hardware. Nvidia’s new Ampere GPU chips are thought to meet that need.” If this crypto mining premise is proven true, we suspect the miner sales may have happened weeks before the actual launch date in mid-September.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Saralace wrote: »
    All those scalpers we have been hearing about may actually turn out to be crypto miners hoarding the new RTX 3000 cards for Ethereum mining farms. Analysts somehow discovered that Nvidia has already sold $175 million worth of RTX 3000 cards and most of these sales were made directly to crypto miners.word on the street is that Nvidia had decent RTX 3000 launch stocks, but chose to sell most of those cards directly to crypto miners.Nvidia managed to sell at least $175 million worth of RTX 3000 cards directly to miners, and this would be reflected in the strong 37% YoY growth reported with the last quarter’s earnings. RBC Capital Markets analyst Mitch Steves further points out that: “...the upcoming network upgrade of the Ethereum blockchain, also known as Ethereum 2.0, which is scheduled to take place sometime in December, demands that miners switch over to more efficient mining hardware. Nvidia’s new Ampere GPU chips are thought to meet that need.” If this crypto mining premise is proven true, we suspect the miner sales may have happened weeks before the actual launch date in mid-September.

Any chance of a cheap 2080ti? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is this bobby mcgee 5.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,655 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Is this bobby mcgee 5.0?

Would seem that way, but even for bobby I think the punctuation and capital letters is just a step too far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Would seem that way, but even for bobby I think the punctuation and capital letters is just a step too far.

The text is just stolen from a news article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone suffering coil whine from their 3080/3070/3090?

have a 3080 founders, am playing cod cold war at the moment

- menu screens was fairly annoying - limiting fps to 60 fixed it completely
    - in game not as whiney, but still there - i decided to undervolt the card this morning and since then its minimal...

Advertisement