Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Successfully ordered a 3060ti FE. Finally upgrading from RX570 4GB. Can't wait to be less GPU limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

liamog wrote: »
    Successfully ordered a 3060ti FE. Finally upgrading from RX570 4GB. Can't wait to be less GPU limited.

Great time to be selling a second hand GPU too. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

I didn't expect the AIB cards to be so expensive. The 3060 Ti ROG Strix 8GB OC GPU is £629.99(€694.85) at CCL

It has sold out at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

These product launches are ridiculous.

You just can’t buy the goods.

Can they not actually adjust the launches to when they have enough stock?

harmless wrote: »
    I didn't expect the AIB cards to be so expensive. The 3060 Ti ROG Strix 8GB OC GPU is £629.99(€694.85) at CCL

It has sold out at the price.

Mental!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The Strix OC was listed at £650, I know they're rarer than hen's teeth, but surely you'd wait for a 3080FE.

Some gigabyte 3060ti's being resold on amazon right now for about €800 if anyone's interested ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

What's an AIB card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Pangea wrote: »
    What's an AIB card?

Not Nvidia FE card.

Pangea wrote: »
    What's an AIB card?

The likes of ASUS or EVGA as opposed to a Founder Edition card from nVidia themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

AIB basically means add in board

Its when "other companies" are allowed to add in components to the original design supplied to them under licence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    AIB basically means add in board

Its when "other companies" are allowed to add in components to the original design supplied to them under licence

I thought it meant you need a bank loan to pay for them :D

It took all of ten minutes for a 60ti to appear on adverts around 100e over the odds :rolleyes:

game4it70 wrote: »

It took all of ten minutes for a 60ti to appear on adverts around 100e over the odds :rolleyes:

your not wrong there pal about pricing..next 4-8 weeks apparently we will see amd gpu partner cards being sold at msrp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

game4it70 wrote: »

and the hand being bitten off them already

easy money... :(

Paying that much for a 3060ti which in most benchmarks is 11-15% behind the 3070Fe is madness..

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

I'm amazed how many people are willing to pay 50-100% premium over list price to HAVE IT RIGHT NOW. With this kind of demand, surely NVidia and AMD have cranked up the orders to get as many out the door as possible. It can't be that long before there's adequate supply and prices collapse back to the usual markups.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Luck100 wrote: »
    I'm amazed how many people are willing to pay 50-100% premium over list price to HAVE IT RIGHT NOW. With this kind of demand, surely NVidia and AMD have cranked up the orders to get as many out the door as possible. It can't be that long before there's adequate supply and prices collapse back to the usual markups.

Everyone's been saying that since September when the 3080/90 released unfortunately!

This year's just been a complete clusterfúck for anything tech related in terms of supply chains and increased demand.

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    your not wrong there pal about pricing..next 4-8 weeks apparently we will see amd gpu partner cards being sold at msrp

Let's just hope next 4-8 weeks we will see AMD GPU partner cards being sold. Period :D

Luck100 wrote: »

We'll, those are the folks who sold their 2080Ti and were left without anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

An actual look into whether or not Nvidia sold cards to miners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

3070 spotted on Curry's.ie for €649, not sure if they actually have stock tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

they did , I spent the last few days refreshing the currys page , I was successful today , will have it by the ninth of Dec ,

I cancelled the OC order a few days ago and now I can get a proper nights sleep , hopefully the build will be successful

still seems to be in stock

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/components-upgrades/graphics-cards/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-3070-8-gb-gaming-oc-graphics-card-10216240-pdt.html

I know it was a bit over RRP but I don't really care

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up! Just got one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

BArra wrote: »
    telegram group says a 3080 fe drop chance high today, its usually 2pm to 2.30pm that scan makes them available

Was actually keeping an eye between 2 and 3.30,but nothing arrived.

I might see tomorrow around the same time,they may have delayed it with the 3060 ti launching

Was def just a 3060ti drop today, the cars have already dispatched. There's a fair chance the 60's came in with a shipment of other Nvidia cards, of course they could of arrived with last Friday's 3080 drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

is €572 a expensive price for a GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC 8.0 GB OC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Fionn wrote: »
    is €572 a expensive price for a GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC 8.0 GB OC ?

That's more than I paid for my 3070FE.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

Fionn wrote: »

I mean it is awful value. But in these horrible times, is it a bad price? Very difference questions.

At this point, unless utterly essential, or you have money to burn, I would advise anyone to wait until the new year.

And this is from someone who sold his 2070 Super and is now on a 1050Ti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

don't see any of those available, the only available 3070 I can find is €729. Probably best to wait til the new year.

Advertisement