Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Has performance been tested on those old consoles? Not even the pro version?

I'd imagine the game is severely gimped and even then performance is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

BloodBath wrote: »
    Has performance been tested on those old consoles? Not even the pro version?

I'd imagine the game is severely gimped and even then performance is poor.

Alleyways need a patch on base PS4. sub 20 fps.

The experience is similar to playing GTA 5 on PS3

How are they even allowed to release it in that poor a state. Gimped settings and resolution and it still dips to 15 fps.

Looks like they could have taken another few months to optimize the game. PC performance is terrible as well.

Crazy amount of bugs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Ye its rough on console,I have it on a PS4 pro. Its worse than GTA driving around and GTA was bad,id say it hovering around the mid 20s driving.

Tbh though most games run like crap on PS4 and those that don't the fan noise is almost intolerable. And by getting that run well mean that can at least stick to the 30fps target.

Its not all hardware issues though,CDPR havent released the game in a great state

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How are they even allowed to release it in that poor a state. Gimped settings and resolution and it still dips to 15 fps.

Looks like they could have taken another few months to optimize the game. PC performance is terrible as well.

Crazy amount of bugs too.

I'm going to be contrarian here:
    Why should this game run well on 7yr old CPUs?

The equivalent desktop CPU of that year would be FX-8320 or i5-4570.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Exactly, I can see from the recommended spec that cd projekt red would not recommend anyone run the game on that type of PC hardware and the same is true for the ps4/pro
    Console games should list recommended spec.

However both Sony and Microsoft do test games for certification and approve them for the appropriate system.
    This game has passed this certification process for the base ps4.

Its a weird one,the cpu is obviously at fault for the general framerate but the game has graphical bugs that look more like memory or storage issues to me

I actually think one of the weakest parts of the older console is the storage,5400rpm hdd's. There just too slow

If it can't run well it shouldn't be released at all imo. There has to be a minimum standard which should be 30fps.

If it can't run well it shouldn't be released at all imo. There has to be a minimum standard which should be 30fps.

There is a minimum standard dictated by Sony and Microsoft who do the certification. How this process works is not publicly available as far as I know.
    I doubt it's a simple as picking a minimum frame rate.

Nintendo is no different. The wither 3 on switch is a sub 30 fps experience or at least was on release and has sold well with many happy customers.

harmless wrote: »
    There is a minimum standard dictated by Sony and Microsoft who do the certification. How this process works is not publicly available as far as I know.
    I doubt it's a simple as picking a minimum frame rate.

Nintendo is no different. The wither 3 on switch is a sub 30 fps experience or at least was on release and has sold well with many happy customers.

Was watching DF review and they compare Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 to the Witcher 3 on switch.

They blamed TAA for the vaseline blurry visuals on the TAA that red engine uses. It looks terrible at lower resolutions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The game should never have been released in the state its in, seems like it needed another 6 months in development, but I'm not sure if anything could help out the base consoles.

The thing is,I dont mind if a game isn't the best graphical game I've ever seen but its the crashes and low framerates that kill it for me

EoinHef wrote: »
    Was watching DF review and they compare Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 to the Witcher 3 on switch.

Exactly, and that port on switch has a lot of fans who really love it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Looks like Nvidia's stance against HW Unboxed may not have been a smart decision. Expect more reviewers to follow LTT's opinion.

Yeah it was a pretty scummy move on Nvidia's part. Only right that they are called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Will the RTX 3070 work okay with the Ryzen 3700x?
    It's 1080 resolution I will be using for the foreseeable.
    I went for 3700x due to shortage and price difference on the newer series

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Pangea wrote: »
    Will the RTX 3070 work okay with the Ryzen 3700x?
    It's 1080 resolution I will be using for the foreseeable.
    I went for 3700x due to shortage and price difference on the newer series

At very high refresh rates the 5000 series would be better, but the 3700X is fine - overkill if it's 60 FPS you're aiming for.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Looks like Nvidia's stance against HW Unboxed may not have been a smart decision. Expect more reviewers to follow LTT's opinion.

For anyone who doesn't have time to watch the podcast this is the email from Nvidia with the part I find most troubling highlighted.

unknown.png
    "It is very clear from your community commentary that you do not see things the same way that we, gamers, and the rest of the industry do."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Hyzepher wrote: »

What an epic rant. I was actually beginning to think I'd like to upgrade from my Vega56 to a 3000 series card, because I like the features Nvidia are coming out with. But this kind of BS really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

536004.png

I think this was the biggest wtf at the end of his rant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

aye as linus said the letter was absolutely the dumbest thing to do from nvidia. truly full r*tard.

RT is NOT a mandatory by any means (not yet anyway) and it is a nice feature to have.

Fitz II wrote: »
    I understand concentrating on rasterisation on the 20 series but there are a lot of games now and the new colsoles that bake in ray tracing.
    seraphimvc wrote: »
    RT is NOT a mandatory by any means (not yet anyway) and it is a nice feature to have.

I've read some old posts on this thread and there were a few deluded fools who actually thought ray tracing mattered in the 2000 series cards.

However there are at least 3 games on consoles that come to mind that make great use of it so I believe it's important this time around because of wider support.

It's like watching two completely different games visually.

I still won't go as far as saying it's mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

"We're sorry we got called out."

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Got a 3070 :).

I aM rEal pC gaMeR nOw :)

https://imgur.com/a/arX6DzT

PartAlert - Unfollow

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Got a 3070 :).

I aM rEal pC gaMeR nOw :)

https://imgur.com/a/arX6DzT

PartAlert - Unfollow

Nice, MSI make good GPU coolers

What retailer did you manage to get it from?

"We're sorry we got called out."

They had to know people would call them out on it but they are sorry that one of the people that called them out has 13.5 million youtube subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Nice, MSI make good GPU coolers

What retailer did you manage to get it from?

I bought it before I even knew what the card was really. I go for looks mainly :o and really wanted a FE but when I looked at reviews of this afterwards one of its main strengths seemed to be the fans/quietness alright so I lucked out there.

I went with a private seller in the end. Just getting destroyed with the F5ing and I was perfectly happy with the deal so feck it. 1070 just wasnt cutting it for me on the 1440p.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Mucashinto wrote: »
    I bought it before I even knew what the card was really. I go for looks mainly :o and really wanted a FE but when I looked at reviews of this afterwards one of its main strengths seemed to be the fans/quietness alright so I lucked out there.

I went with a private seller in the end. Just getting destroyed with the F5ing and I was perfectly happy with the deal so feck it. 1070 just wasnt cutting it for me on the 1440p.

And here I am stuck with a 1060 :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They had to know people would call them out on it but they are sorry that one of the people that called them out has 13.5 million youtube subs.

Its a good shot across the bow though for any other OEM thinking of acting the bollix. Start acting up and LTT forums will light up and youll be in for it.

Advertisement