Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Got this last night from ccl online for £469

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING PRO 8GB OC GPU

Should arrive next Wednesday.

There's not much choice around but this doesn't seem too bad an option I think!??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Looks like stock might be easing a bit *touches wood*. I really hope scalpers on adverts get stuck with cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Still on the hunt for an RTX3070 that isn' at a scalper rip off price. This week in particular i have been non-stop refreshing twitter for stock alerts and checking cclonline, overclockers, scan, aria to the point my F5 key is fading. I think I'm moving along nicely on the road to insanity.

There were a good few alerts for Zotac branded 3070's at the bottom end of the price ranges. Cclonline had a batch, I got an email alert from them and was on it immediately, but no luck, all stock was in customers baskets and I f5'd for the next 2 hours until confirmed sold. Any on Amazon (uk,de,es,fr) seem to be sold nanoseconds post loading.

I'm assuming this is all bot related and there is not much I can do, but if anyone has any tips would massively appreciate.

I imagine my wife thinks I'm having an affair as I'm online and on the phone so much. When she sees the credit card bill she'll probably have preferred I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ForestFire

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Still on the hunt for an RTX3070 that isn' at a scalper rip off price. This week in particular i have been non-stop refreshing twitter for stock alerts and checking cclonline, overclockers, scan, aria to the point my F5 key is fading. I think I'm moving along nicely on the road to insanity.

There were a good few alerts for Zotac branded 3070's at the bottom end of the price ranges. Cclonline had a batch, I got an email alert from them and was on it immediately, but no luck, all stock was in customers baskets and I f5'd for the next 2 hours until confirmed sold. Any on Amazon (uk,de,es,fr) seem to be sold nanoseconds post loading.

I'm assuming this is all bot related and there is not much I can do, but if anyone has any tips would massively appreciate.

I imagine my wife thinks I'm having an affair as I'm online and on the phone so much. When she sees the credit card bill she'll probably have preferred I was.

I got mine from CCL and although this was my 3rd/4th attempt they seem to have a good system in place.

- They have an auto retry every 5 seconds to add item to your basket, if all items are currently with other customers (Up to 150 re-tries).
    - They use Cloudflare (Not sure how much that protects)
    - If you try to add more than 1 item that uses the retry, you will an error to say you are trying too often and locked out for a few mins. So only try one at a time!
    - Even if you try with a different device on the same wifi network it seem to detect the multiple tries and locks you out again.
    - I had to switch my phone to 4G to try on both computer and phone to increase my chances.

Last night my card became available, wasn't expecting it too and didn't really expect to get it into my basket, but suddenly it did and I had 15mins to try to review if I was going with it!!:eek:

Finally when decided to proceed...

I had issue with my address format, Postcode was in wrong location, when I set up account a few days ago

Then My visa card was rejected (Amazon pay)....

I notice I has an SMS from bank to confirm it was me and I had to reply and confirm this over SMS

But payment retry was still stuck and had to go back out to my cart and go through the checkout steps again.....

Not sure how many seconds I had left, but I guess it was close :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

My email notifications are going off like mad last 3 days, more stock deffo trickling in especially the 3080s and 3090s cclonline have multiple 3080s and 3090s in stock as I type.

No updates on 6000 series but who would want them :D

• Advertisement

ForestFire wrote: »
    I got mine from CCL and although this was my 3rd/4th attempt they seem to have a good system in place.

- They have an auto retry every 5 seconds to add item to your basket, if all items are currently with other customers (Up to 150 re-tries).
    - They use Cloudflare (Not sure how much that protects)
    - If you try to add more than 1 item that uses the retry, you will an error to say you are trying too often and locked out for a few mins. So only try one at a time!
    - Even if you try with a different device on the same wifi network it seem to detect the multiple tries and locks you out again.
    - I had to switch my phone to 4G to try on both computer and phone to increase my chances.

Last night my card became available, wasn't expecting it too and didn't really expect to get it into my basket, but suddenly it did and I had 15mins to try to review if I was going with it!!:eek:

Finally when decided to proceed...

I had issue with my address format, Postcode was in wrong location, when I set up account a few days ago

Then My visa card was rejected (Amazon pay)....

I notice I has an SMS from bank to confirm it was me and I had to reply and confirm this over SMS

But payment retry was still stuck and had to go back out to my cart and go through the checkout steps again.....

Not sure how many seconds I had left, but I guess it was close :D

Hah was doing the exact same thing yesterday on ccl, in the queue, would go past 150 retrys and I would try again. Clearly my luck was out! Maybe today will be the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    No updates on 6000 series but who would want them :D

749 for a 6800 non ti :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Founders drop on scan right now,got a 3080

Cant even see um :(

Out of stock

3070 and 3060ti in stock

https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia-founders-3080-h8naebkw

That was the link on part alert. Honestly i was more leaning toward a 6800 XT and missed a drop of them yesterday so just spur of the momnet said fecl it ill get a 3080 for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

FE 3060Ti, 3070 and 3090 are live though (3070 not showing out of stock but add to basket went as I typed this) ... and edited to say looks like 3060Ti gone now also :-/
    https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/founders-3060ti-f2xv6tbl
    https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/founders-3070-b7jn3lnw
    https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia-founders-3090-g6hf9blk

Annnnnnnd they're gone :pac:

The fact that I went to Scan.co.uk and was looking there may have just save my marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,844 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

For feck sake!

3060ti still available

The fact that I went to Scan.co.uk and was looking there may have just save my marriage.

Its actually annoying,the founder URL is not always up so these part alert bots notify people quicker than if you were just browsing scan!

This is the first founders drop ive seen in awhile

Yeah, you have to find the links from nvidia.com like https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shop/geforce/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-gb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

CCL have 3070/80/90 all in stock as I look now

Don't know why I'm even looking. Not in the market for these at all :o

EDIT: 3080 gone after I refreshed the page

x43r0 wrote: »
    CCL have 3070/80/90 all in stock as I look now

Don't know why I'm even looking. Not in the market for these at all :o

EDIT: 3080 gone after I refreshed the page

Over £100 over RRP though last time I checked. :(

MUST. WAIT. FOR. 3070ti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Might have oredered a 3070FE that I don't want.

(Have a friend in Canada who needs one, but looking at it here, there is a good chance he'd get stung with another 20% if I mailed it to him plus postage nevermind the fact it was already more expensive here).

Hallelujah. Got a 3070 FE out of that Scan drop. Was following @PartAlert closely on Twitter. 469gbp plus delivery.

Pulled trigger as well on a b550 board, 1tb Nvme ssd, 750 watt gold rated psu. Picked up a 5600x cpu last week.

Still need a 27" 1440p monitor (suggestions welcome) and another 16gb ram to go with the 16gb 3200mhz I have.

Then the credit card will be hidden away for a while.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Its actually annoying,the founder URL is not always up so these part alert bots notify people quicker than if you were just browsing scan!
    As I mentioned you have to go through nvidia.com, or at least I don't think they ever appear to people just looking on Scan? They aren't normal Scan parts they are just handling them for nvidia and not having a static link for them is to try and keep the bots away. Would be nice if nvidia also did enough to rebuild that page frequently to break the scrapers completely, ideally including lots of changes which just offered a "find out more" page on Scan which generated lots of false positives.

Meanwhile I don't think anyone posted GamersNexus indirect response to the Hardware Unboxed shenanigans, it's comedy gold :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUVhfD3jpFE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Stock levels at least seem to be improving a little bit.
    CCL had a few trickling in at different times yesterday too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LineConsole

Updated the Nvidia Gameready drivers today to version 460.89 (for my 3070) and am getting artifacts all over the screen since..... Time to roll back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

At least I got my 3090 for MSRP....I know its alot of De Neros but peeps were paying the same for a 2080ti last year.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    At least I got my 3090 for MSRP....I know its alot of De Neros but peeps were paying the same for a 2080ti last year.

Sorry, is that because Robert De Niro's first name could be bob?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

errlloyd wrote: »
    Sorry, is that because Robert De Niro's first name could be bob?

Deniro is Spanish for money.

Deniro is Spanish for money.

I went **Way** too far down the well on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

errlloyd wrote: »
    I went **Way** too far down the well on that one.

In fairness, it gave me a good laugh. I'm going to tell people that as an interesting fact and see how long it takes before someone calls me out on it.

Advertisement