Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Why are people still buying these on adverts for way over their selling price? Surely anyone who is aware of the 3xxx series is computer literate enough to know their value

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Was trying to keep an eye for the 3080 FE drop today, but it happened when I was out of the office, so missed it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Why are people still buying these on adverts for way over their selling price? Surely anyone who is aware of the 3xxx series is computer literate enough to know their value

Lack of patients or depending on situation a real need to have one. Ive had money saved for a gpu since the start of the year,was very disappointing to see the way its gone. I could understand someone who has more disposable income than me saying its not worth my time looking ill just pay whatever.

I even thought about getting a 3090 just because I could actually get one.

I'm glad ill held out and got founders at msrp but tbh I actually would have got a 6800 XT but the only card that seems to be rarer that the 3080 is the 6800 XT. Amd.com had a drop yesterday but I missed it,if I hadn't of I would have bought one.

Either way,i am happy to get a 3080 and finally put the looking at part alerts for gpus to bed. Really looking forward to college break over Christmas now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ForestFire

My 3060ti ordered close to midnight last night has dispatched today from ccl. ... No waiting around or selling cards they don't have. While it's near impossible to get a card in your basket I prefer this approach and Happy so far with the service.

Bought my case from ocuk and everthing else from amazon...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Haven't been following the Ampere news recently lads. Has the 3080 Ti been delayed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Slightly off topic but got my rtx 3070 FE sorted today and want to get a decent 27" 1440p 144hz monitor. Ideally less than 400eur as budget blown on parts last few weeks.

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but got my rtx 3070 FE sorted today and want to get a decent 27" 1440p 144hz monitor. Ideally less than 400eur as budget blown on parts last few weeks.

Any recommendations?

You could start by havin a look at this:

There's also one or two newer monitors reviewed since on their channel but no many as that video is only a few weeks old.

I've got a LG GL850,very happy with it. Its seen very good discounts recently too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Any recommendations?

This

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

JoyPad wrote: »

I just came here to post that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

JoyPad wrote: »

Cheers pm sent to seller

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Cheers pm sent to seller

Seller had spotted your post but didn't want to be advertising in here. Thanks to the posters for pointing it out. Hopefully we can sort something out .

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

I know the chances of getting an FE are slim but I still want to try.
    With Brexit looming which section of the Nvidia site is recommended for Irish customers?

I got a 3080 FE into my basket with a link from the German Nvidia site but it would not accept my address as it was outside of Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

harmless wrote: »
    I know the chances of getting an FE are slim but I still want to try.
    With Brexit looming which section of the Nvidia site is recommended for Irish customers?

I got a 3080 FE into my basket with a link from the German Nvidia site but it would not accept my address as it was outside of Germany.

Can only get them through scan as they're the designated Irish retailer. All the rest of the sites are geo-locked to their own country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Can only get them through scan as they're the designated Irish retailer. All the rest of the sites are geo-locked to their own country.

I wonder who will be the designated Irish retailer after 31st December ?

jonski wrote: »
    I wonder who will be the designated Irish retailer after 31st December ?

Probably still Scan to be honest. Can't see Nvidia bothering to set up an Irish distribution network for it. We don't even have an Irish Nvidia store website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If there is going to be taxes put on products from UK. I'd say we will end up buying from Germany or France and Parcel Motel or where ever will move to a location in either country. But this is just speculation or we could go back to how it was years ago and have a trade deal between UK and Ireland like we had before we joined the EU.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Absolute disaster, I was keeping an eye on 3080 FE stock yesterday in work. Refreshing pages and watching reddit etc. Managed to miss them

Must of been actually doing work at 14.30. Gotta get my priorities right haha

How often do they show up do we think? Once a week type thing or less?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Absolute disaster, I was keeping an eye on 3080 FE stock yesterday in work. Refreshing pages and watching reddit etc. Managed to miss them

Must of been actually doing work at 14.30. Gotta get my priorities right haha

How often do they show up do we think? Once a week type thing or less?

once a week, i missed one yesterday too stupid phone rang in work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

What's to stop Amazon just having an Irish base/shop that they sell through then just shipping the stuff from the UK anyway.

BloodBath wrote: »
    What's to stop Amazon just having an Irish base/shop that they sell through then just shipping the stuff from the UK anyway.

Have a feeling they'll do this eventually. They only rolled out their own couriers a couple months ago in Dublin after setting up the warehouse in Rathcoole.

Probably just a case of holding out until the last minute to see if a deal gets done before going through the steps of setting stuff up.

• Advertisement

It's gonna be a big blow for An Post.

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

brexit will stop a lot of imports from uk
    If they ship it will come from Europe if they don't build a warehouse in Ireland

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    once a week, i missed one yesterday too stupid phone rang in work
    I bought 3 my girlfriend bought 2 and my other two friends bought one each

Dunfyy wrote: »
    brexit will stop a lot of imports from uk
    If they ship it will come from Europe if they don't build a warehouse in Ireland

Yeah I understand that but wondering will there be loopholes around it.
    Amazon.uk was great for small orders with the free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ForestFire

At the moment I suspect amazon have a container or two coming over from Merseyside a few times a week, and when it reaches Dublin it get seperated to the postal companies. (every delivery I get stops there for a brief spell)

I guess this may change to containers coming from France, the same idea and still offering free shipping on a certain amount?

The French route may add extra to delivery time and may I crease the minimum spend?

Oh and we will have to order most likely of the de site (already English), or they setup a clone site for of de for an ie domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Yeah I understand that but wondering will there be loopholes around it.
    Amazon.uk was great for small orders with the free delivery.

Well there is the exemption on goods up to a value of €22 from outside the EU.
    The EU have decided to remove this exemption in June though.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

so just purchased this-
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08LHB7Z57/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A26ZHKIDDD31YV&psc=1

Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro OC for 900 euro on amazon.es
    I know its probably a pricing mistake but my money is safe........ right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    so just purchased this-
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08LHB7Z57/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A26ZHKIDDD31YV&psc=1

Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro OC for 900 euro on amazon.es
    I know its probably a pricing mistake but my money is safe........ right?

It's safe in the sense that they'd have to be idiots to honour that listing.

Not sold directly by Amazon either, I doubt they will honor it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Spear wrote: »
    It's safe in the sense that they'd have to be idiots to honour that listing.

one can dream....

Advertisement