Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Yeah if it was direct from Amazon there might be a chance they could take the hit on a few orders.

When it's an Amazon reseller they are not putting their own reputation on the line by canceling orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ForestFire

I have one in my basket and I've just order the 3060ti on my budget!!

But I do wonder if its a ploy to get loads of cash for a few days or weeks and then issue refunds.

During blackfriday I saw a lot of high end monitors with huge warehouse discounts on like new models added from one seller, but looked from sellers name the where not in the pc business (Jane's cosmetics or something) and had lots of negative reviews for no delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ForestFire

dinnybyrne wrote: »

Is it not the same seller... mm-accessoires

From what I can see 100% positive feedback from a grand total of 2 reviews!?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

harmless wrote: »
    Yeah if it was direct from Amazon there might be a chance they could take the hit on a few orders.

When it's an Amazon reseller they are not putting their own reputation on the line by canceling orders.

They have two positive reviews so doubt they care about reputation so I'd be more wary about them taking the money and not bothering shipping the card. You should be covered by Amazon though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

ForestFire wrote: »
    I have one in my basket and I've just order the 3060ti on my budget!!

But I do wonder if its a ploy to get loads of cash for a few days or weeks and then issue refunds.

During blackfriday I saw a lot of high end monitors with huge warehouse discounts on like new models added from one seller, but looked from sellers name the where not in the pc business (Jane's cosmetics or something) and had lots of negative reviews for no delivery.

think this was a misprice though as the non OC is 1300, wish amazon would just ban the scalpers.
    I really hope no 3080s show up in the next few days as im down 900e now!

ForestFire wrote: »
    Is it not the same seller... mm-accessoires

From what I can see 100% positive feedback from a grand total of 2 reviews!?

Crud your right.
    Time to cancel me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

It's not going to happen, why would anyone sell a 3090 way below retail in the current environment? If it sounds too good to be true it is.

Darwin wrote: »
    It's not going to happen, why would anyone sell a 3090 way below retail in the current environment? If it sounds too good to be true it is.

yeah just got excited/desperate its cancellled now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Dunfyy wrote: »
    I bought 3 my girlfriend bought 2 and my other two friends bought one each

Would you like to sell me one for MSRP? :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Would you like to sell me one for MSRP? :D

I am building 5 computers as Christmas gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What? Your building a whole computer for someone as a present and not just one but five?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

are they made of lego bobby??:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I really think that straight after xmas and into the new year the nvidia stock will be there, not off the shelf levels, but a right few cards a week.....in the last week the stock is deffo gone up alot.

Sign into Aria PC and CClonline and click on the cards you want and would like as 2nd choice and get email notifications on the cards. I was getting the email about 2-3 mins before they were listed, its what I would be doing now.

I ordered my card on Wednesday @2pm with Scan, had it friday morning. Could not believe it...

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I really think that straight after xmas and into the new year the nvidia stock will be there, not off the shelf levels, but a right few cards a week.....in the last week the stock is deffo gone up alot.

Sign into Aria PC and CClonline and click on the cards you want and would like as 2nd choice and get email notifications on the cards. I was getting the email about 2-3 mins before they were listed, its what I would be doing now.

I ordered my card on Wednesday @2pm with Scan, had it friday morning. Could not believe it...

I stopped looking at UK sites when I realised shipping ends on the 23rd for most companies and does not start up again until the 4th.

Is there an EU retailer you recommend?

I stopped looking at UK sites when I realised shipping ends on the 23rd for most companies and does not start up again until the 4th.

Is there an EU retailer you recommend?

Well I bought everything in my new build from Casekings.de, they are very good and decent on the prices. Becareful as the prices listed are ex vat as far as I am aware so seem very cheap until you check out ;)

One of the lads in the gaming clan bought an MSI 3090 the day after me, his is being delivered tomorrow.

Well I bought everything in my new build from Casekings.de

Have you seen their pricing on new Nvidia GPUs and AMD CPU's?
    I know many retailers have been sly and added a few euro on to the price of these parts but not several hundred!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Have you seen their pricing on new Nvidia GPUs and AMD CPU's?
    I know many retailers have been sly and added a few euro on to the price of these parts but not several hundred!

Parent company of OcUK, so makes sense that they'd price gouge too.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Parent company of OcUK, so makes sense that they'd price gouge too.

There was some price gouging by up to £50 on OCUK recently but it's around €150 - 200 on many items with caseking

• Site Banned Posts: 113 ✭✭Dunfyy

Well I bought everything in my new build from Casekings.de, they are very good and decent on the prices. Becareful as the prices listed are ex vat as far as I am aware so seem very cheap until you check out ;)

One of the lads in the gaming clan bought an MSI 3090 the day after me, his is being delivered tomorrow.
    case
    skill is charging 100 euro more than another european seller or
    For the amd new cpu

• Advertisement

case
    skill is charging 100 euro more than another european seller or
    For the amd new cpu

Really, they were really competitive when I was getting my 3900x build.

Have to deal with them now sending back my Strimer Plus Cables I snapped and the other is acting up, and they were not cheap I paid 80 euro for the GPU and Mobo cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

How are people finding their 30 series cards are handling Cyberpunk 2077? What level of 30 series card would people recommend to get decent results with this game with ray tracing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

How are people finding their 30 series cards are handling Cyberpunk 2077? What level of 30 series card would people recommend to get decent results with this game with ray tracing on?

TBH it's not great on any card. You can get decentish framerates with a 3080 and DLSS and the 2080ti still puts in a good showing but the 3070 is limited by only having 8GB of VRAM - according to HUB anyway.

Thats 1440p YMMV at lower resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Im running 5950x and 3090 and i get 27fps at 3840x1600 with no DLSS.... I went with RT Medium and no DLSS and i get roughly 60fps but dips to 45fps at times. I havent messed too much with DLSS tbh as when i did is was a running a little strange with ultrawide. This is most likely my own issue as i havent looked at it much to iron out my issues.

I havent played CP more than an hour yet though. I am going to give it another month or 2 to iron out a few more of the bugs. I have a million games sitting in my library that im going through instead for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheRover

TBH it's not great on any card. You can get decentish framerates with a 3080 and DLSS and the 2080ti still puts in a good showing but the 3070 is limited by only having 8GB of VRAM - according to HUB anyway.

Thats 1440p YMMV at lower resolutions.

I think people often forget the CPU can be a bottleneck for the GPU. You might well have CP2077 running faster on a souped up 3070 system than a 3 year old PC that got a new 3080

tazzzZ wrote: »
    Im running 5950x and 3090 and i get 27fps at 3840x1600 with no DLSS.... I went with RT Medium and no DLSS and i get roughly 60fps but dips to 45fps at times. I havent messed too much with DLSS tbh as when i did is was a running a little strange with ultrawide. This is most likely my own issue as i havent looked at it much to iron out my issues.

I havent played CP more than an hour yet though. I am going to give it another month or 2 to iron out a few more of the bugs. I have a million games sitting in my library that im going through instead for the time being.

Isnt there a new patch that just dropped for improvements on the Ryzen platfrom. Going to get it off GOG for xmas and see how it runs on my 3900x and 3090 @ 1440p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

3440x1440, 3080 with a 3600, on ultra with DLSS set to performance and a couple of bits like chromatic abberation, film grain and lens flare turned off I'm getting 60-70fps in most scenes, couple of drops down to the 50s when first rendering some of the night city stuff, but with the last couple of patches things have really improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Isnt there a new patch that just dropped for improvements on the Ryzen platfrom. Going to get it off GOG for xmas and see how it runs on my 3900x and 3090 @ 1440p

yea there is but from what i was reading it didnt effect the higher core cpus as much. again its not something ive checked since the patch. if youre going to get it off GOG if you want use a vpn, connect to russian server, and it only costs 20 quid or so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

On my 3090 at 1440p native, I get between 45 and 60 FPS. With DLSS though it jumps to 70 to 80. My i9 7900x isn't the latest and greatest any more, so a more recent CPU would probably get another 10% FPS.

• Advertisement

Don't buy a new GPU for cyberpunk the game is a mess.
    I almost did and am so happy I didn't just pickup any 3060ti or 3070, I'm now holding off for one with a good cooler design to come in to stock.

Today's patch enables SMT on 4 and 6 core AMD CPUs, if you have 8 cores or more the game actually works better with no SMT so no change for those CPUs.

Advertisement