Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

tazzzZ wrote: »
    yea there is but from what i was reading it didnt effect the higher core cpus as much. again its not something ive checked since the patch. if youre going to get it off GOG if you want use a vpn, connect to russian server, and it only costs 20 quid or so.

Tried it so many times it just gives me the run around....HOWEVER, CP and Valhalla are free on Geforce now that I got free for a yr.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Tried it so many times it just gives me the run around....HOWEVER, CP and Valhalla are free on Geforce now that I got free for a yr.

;)

You need to own the game on Steam,GOG or Epic to play it on GeForce now though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

On the hunt for a 3080 after getting a refund my faulty card moments ago. Am I mad to think there will be stock in the new year or is this wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

EoinHef wrote: »
    You need to own the game on Steam,GOG or Epic to play it on GeForce now though

Wha' a ffs!

:mad:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Wha' a ffs!

:mad:

I know,i only found that out myself the other day after i got an Nvidia Shield TV and was looking at GeForce Now myself. Also got a free year with the 3080 along with COD.

Still though,i was thinkin about buying it and playing it that way before i got the 3080. It nots terrible if you system is a little behind and you want to buy the game anyway.

Got the 3080 installed earlier,the adapter is jank but tbh it doesnt bother me that much,pc in under the desk

536889.jpg

Gonna have to wait till i bother moving everything to my new case to re orient the AiO,its bugging me though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Sorry, I have not been following this thread for very long, but I was just wondering how has stock updates been for European vendors?

From I can see its mostly 3060Ti been dropping back into stock, but I see nothing for 3070 or 3080.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

@Eoin, looks glorious man. Very jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

I've only just realised why Nvidia used Doom Eternal ultra settings 4k for the comparison between the 2080 super and 3080.
    The 2080 super hits VRAM limit on those settings in Doom Eternal which makes the 3080 look even better in comparison.

The 3080 is already close to running out of VRAM at 4k in some titles that are considered last gen which could place it as a good 1440p card with the 3080ti fitting in well for those who play at higher resolutions.
    Was this talked about already?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

harmless wrote: »
    Was this talked about already?

Not sure about this thread but yes mentioned in plenty of places. also it was one of the "big wins" on the digital foundry early video sponsored by nvidia.

djivide_ wrote: »
    Not sure about this thread but yes mentioned in plenty of places. also it was one of the "big wins" on the digital foundry early video sponsored by nvidia.

Most of the talk I have seen has argued that 10GB is loads and people have it all wrong because apps report allocated VRAM not actual usage.

But it's Nvidia who are demonstrating with their first 3080 performance video that 10GB is right on the limit of what was needed last generation for 4k ultra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Most of the talk I have seen has argued that 10GB is loads and people have it all wrong because apps report allocated VRAM not actual usage.

But it's Nvidia who are demonstrating with their first 3080 performance video that 10GB is right on the limit of what was needed last generation for 4k ultra.

That's a little bit of a concern of mine. Although I do like the features on the Nvidia cards - What I'm willing to spend (or what the wife will allow!) won't get me a 3090. I still have kids to feed :)

I was hoping my €600 budget would get me a next gen GPU with 16GB of RAM maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

That's a little bit of a concern of mine. Although I do like the features on the Nvidia cards - What I'm willing to spend (or what the wife will allow!) won't get me a 3090. I still have kids to feed :)

I was hoping my €600 budget would get me a next gen GPU with 16GB of RAM maybe?

It will from AMD (just about once things calm down). 10GB is probably going to be enough going forward for 1440p even with RT as to get decent frame rates you generally need to use DLSS so are effectively rendering at a lower resolution.

If it's pure rasterisation you want I'd wait until the 3070ti hits at which point I'd be very surprised if the 6800 doesn't come down in price. The other possibility is that the 3070ti might ship with 16GB of GDDR6, but I'm betting on 10GB of GDDR6X on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

slade_x wrote: »
    11/12/2020 queue position 38 :confused: so this weeks is just a reminder of last weeks

Consolidated:
    02/10/2020 queue position 65
    14/10/2020 queue position 62
    23/10/2020 queue position 60
    30/10/2020 queue position 55
    06/11/2020 queue position 51
    13/11/2020 queue position 45
    20/11/2020 queue position 42
    27/11/2020 queue position 40
    04/12/2020 queue position 38
    11/12/2020 queue position 38
    19/12/2020 queue position 38

I wasn't even going to bother posting since there was no change from the previous week but I received a reply from revenue

11/12/2020 - Customs - General import and/or export query

22/12/2020 15:15 Status : Completed

Good afternoon

Unfortunately if the goods arrive after the 1st January 2021, then full import formalities will apply. This will include the payment of any duties of VAT that may apply to the products.

The import formalities are set out here:
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/customs-traders-and-agents/brexit/customs-declaration-roles-and-responsibilities/importer/bringing-goods-into-Ireland-from-great-britain-gb.aspx

Regards

Trader Outreach
    team

Plenty of Gigabyte 3060ti and 3070 now becoming available for pre-order from Amazon.co.uk, stock expected in the first week of the new year.

You still have to be fast to secure an order but they come in waves several times a day now rather than just once.

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC PRO 8GB: £514
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 VISION OC 8GB: about £634

Edit: I actually figured the prices were above RRP but they are not. It's the new trick of adding OC to the name with a big price hike and only have that model available.
    The OC and non OC have the same cooler so Nvidia boost will set them to much the same clock speed.

Unfortunately this is what AIB's have to do now. TDP is much higher on the 3000 series so Nvidia overbuilt the coolers on the FE to compensate.
    AIB's can't cool these GPU's at a competitive price.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 eoo1

Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC PRO 8GB: £514
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 VISION OC 8GB: about £634

Edit: I actually figured the prices were above RRP but they are not. It's the new trick of adding OC to the name with a big price hike and only have that model available.
    No, they are well above MRSP, When/if stock stabilizes the prices will come closer to MRSP. It's nothing to do with OC models, it's supply and demand. The Vision is £165 over the price of the 3070FE. I have a 3070 FE, it's an excellent card but not worth anywhere near that price imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just managed to grab a 3080FE this morning in a surprise drop that I just happened to be on at the right time to take advantage of!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I fell back asleep after 7am. My first day off work & I never sleep till after 10. Fecking missed it. DISASTER

The "add to basket" button is still there so im still refreshing and clicking like a twat

eoo1 wrote: »
    No, they are well above MRSP, When/if stock stabilizes the prices will come closer to MRSP. It's nothing to do with OC models, it's supply and demand. The Vision is £165 over the price of the 3070FE. I have a 3070 FE, it's an excellent card but not worth anywhere near that price imo.

It's not possible for them to make these cards for RRP, Nvidia have made sure of that.
    The only ones that will come close are the ones with really small heatsinks and really loud fans.

It's not possible for them to make these cards for RRP, Nvidia have made sure of that.
    The only ones that will come close are the ones with really small heatsinks and really loud fans.

So what were the launch prices? I dont know man,any proof of what your saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Currys have the OC Gaming Pro 3060Ti listed at £420 and they're usually a couple of quid over RRP too

• Advertisement

So what were the launch prices? I dont know man,any proof of what your saying?

If we take the 3080 for example, Nvidia set the MSRP at $699(€700 and £649).
    You will never see an AIB card at this price point, it's not possible for them to sell at this price without losing money. This will not change when stock is more available as Nvidia will continue to sell to AIB's at the current price that they set at launch.

Currys have the OC Gaming Pro 3060Ti listed at £420 and they're usually a couple of quid over RRP too

Collection only right?
    Currys UK have been collection only for most cards since the 3000 series launched.
    £50 over MSRP like this is probably the best we can hope for on the 3060ti when stock levels normalise.

If we take the 3080 for example, Nvidia set the MSRP at $699(€700 and £649).
    You will never see an AIB card at this price point, it's not possible for them to sell at this price without losing money. This will not change when stock is more available as Nvidia will continue to sell to AIB's at the current price that they set at launch.

The AiB cards launched at a much lower price is my point,they have gone up in price steadily since,by your logic they were selling them at a loss at launch which I highly doubt.

The AiB cards launched at a much lower price is my point,they have gone up in price steadily since,by your logic they were selling them at a loss at launch which I highly doubt.

Which AIB 3080 were selling at €699 on launch day? I'm claiming that the Nvidia MSRP is a lie.
    Even cards with inferior coolers to the FE were well above MSRP at launch.
    Some retailers did jump the gun and listed some AIB cards at MSRP but that was only an estimate and the cards never went on sale at this price.

Which AIB 3080 were selling at €699 on launch day? I'm claiming that the Nvidia MSRP is a lie.
    Some retailers did jump the gun and listed some AIB cards at MSRP but that was only an estimate and the cards never went on sale at this price.

The Asus TUF for one,I had it in my basket at the time but didn't pull the trigger as I wanted to see reviews,which turned out to be a mistake. There were others,the prices went up later in the day on sites like OCUK and have kept going up since. Retailers are claiming increased costs to secure stock.

This is also how it has gone for the 6XXX series from AMD.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I paid 776.58 euros on the 3080 launch day from overclockers for an AIB card. (700 pound).
    Sorry all including VAT which they didn't list on one email was

Sub-Total: 574.99
    Shipping: 21.06
    VAT: 125.17
    Total: 721.22

Cheaper shipping was an option but the site as we all know died so I just went with 21pound.

The price before launch I think was at least 20 pounds cheaper maybe even 50 but shot up as soon as they went live.

mad turnip wrote: »
    I paid 637.92 euros on the 3080 launch day from overclockers for an AIB card. (575 pound).

€637.92 including vat? Which model?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

€637.92 including vat? Which model?

Sorry it was excluding VAT as the initial order email didn't contain VAT. Palit non-OC

mad turnip wrote: »
    Sorry it was excluding VAT as the initial order email didn't contain VAT. Palit non-OC

So you paid above the MSRP set by Nvidia?
    I'm not saying the cards are not worth this price I'm just saying that the Nvidia MSRP is a lie.

It's clear that the 3080 that Nvidia sell for €699 has a cooler closer in quality with the cards that sell for €800+ from AIB's and even the really cheap coolers still can't match MSRP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Okay I'm fully on the band wagon. Signed up for EVGA alerts - how do I get alerted for the FE? I can get it shipped to NI.

Advertisement