Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Okay I'm fully on the band wagon. Signed up for EVGA alerts - how do I get alerted for the FE? I can get it shipped to NI.

I signed up on the EVGA site in September, not a single email from them yet. I don't think they have sold any cards direct from their site yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

A lot drops today on amazon de and asus's webstore. Too slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

harmless wrote: »
    So you paid above the MSRP set by Nvidia?
    I'm not saying the cards are not worth this price I'm just saying that the Nvidia MSRP is a lie.

It's clear that the 3080 that Nvidia sell for €699 has a cooler closer in quality with the cards that sell for €800+ from AIB's and even the really cheap coolers still can't match MSRP.

Looks to me like he paid exactly msrp to me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

A lot drops today on amazon de and asus's webstore. Too slow!

Thanks! :pac:

Thanks! :pac:

No I am saying I was too slow...I had one in my basket on Asus's webstore only to find out they ship to Germany only.

• Advertisement

Okay I'm fully on the band wagon. Signed up for EVGA alerts - how do I get alerted for the FE? I can get it shipped to NI.

I used the FE part alert thread on Telegram. I signed up for evga notification ages ago,havent got anything from them

EoinHef wrote: »
    Looks to me like he paid exactly msrp to me

The euro and pound are not at parity.

£700 is €776, Nvidia set MSRP at £649(€700) on the 3080.

The euro and pound are not at parity.

£700 is €776, Nvidia set MSRP at £649(€700) on the 3080.

I thought the figure was in euro,my mistake. My point still stands,there were cards available at launch for msrp or just above which is totally normal for any GPU launch. What hasn't been normal is the dramatic price increases since launch.

You seem to think it is some Nvidia plan but if thats the case AMD did the same. And to a lesser degree sony and MS with the consoles. Show me one big tech product launched this year that is readily available at msrp

And as far as not being able to make coolers as good as FE for close to msrp,the Asus TUF is one of the best coolers around and was available for near MSRP,I think it was £665 at launch and then its price has just gone up steadily since

Have a read here:
    https://www.techradar.com/reviews/asus-geforce-rtx-3080-tuf-gaming-oc

And as far as not being able to make coolers as good as FE for close to msrp,the Asus TUF is one of the best coolers around and was available for near MSRP,I think it was £665 at launch and then its price has just gone up steadily since

Someone on reddit actually kept track of expected price from retailers vs actual selling price on launch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rDgcIF4BDhtjJdvK7VEhgQ-oQbSb2Ytr/view

OCUK had that model listed at £649.99 when the FE pricing was announced. This was before AIB pricing was available.

It sold for £689.99 on launch so that's still well above MSRP.
    Prices will stabilise again and it will be possible to buy AIB cards at this price but it's still well above MSRP even on the cheapest AIB models.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

The reason you cant get a 3080 for love nor money is because Nvidia saw that they could sell the same die GA102 with an extra 14gb ddr6 for more than twice the price of the 3080...
    Nvidia have always been money hungry swines and their crazy profit margin promised to share holders proves that.I mean 14gb ddr6 costs about 280 euros..do the math.

• Advertisement

AMD are the same
    You're right about selling the GA102 at a much higher price while still making it look like prices are better this generation than last.

Also if they can take a bigger cut of the pie by making it very difficult for AIB's to compete why wouldn't they?

Someone on reddit actually kept track of expected price from retailers vs actual selling price on launch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rDgcIF4BDhtjJdvK7VEhgQ-oQbSb2Ytr/view

OCUK had that model listed at £649.99 when the FE pricing was announced. This was before AIB pricing was available.

It sold for £689.99 on launch so that's still well above MSRP.
    Prices will stabilise again and it will be possible to buy AIB cards at this price but it's still well above MSRP even on the cheapest AIB models.

That list has prices from ONE retailer,OCUK,who are well known to price gouge. Its proves nothing other than what people already know,ocuk are shady as **** when it comes to pricing.

As I've said,I had a TUF in my basket launch day for £664.99 on Scan. There were cards available much closer to and at msrp.

Heres an article where asus confirm the suggested msrp for the TUF non OC at a time you say only FE pricing was available. How could they suggest that pricing if it was loss making?

https://overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/asus_reveals_the_pricing_and_specifications_of_it_tuf_gaming_rtx_3080_and_rtx_3090_graphics_cards/1

And as it stands not a single person has received a non OC TUF 3080 from scan.

https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/rtx-30-series-faqs

The number of outstanding orders has dropped as people order the more expensive OC version.

Scan had no 3080 stock on AIB launch day and their prices were based on old info.
    They will have to honor the price if some people wait for several more months.

Everyone else will be paying above this price for that card even when there is stock available.

And as it stands not a single person has received a non OC TUF 3080 from scan.

https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/rtx-30-series-faqs

The number of outstanding orders has dropped as people order the more expensive OC version.

Scan had no 3080 stock on AIB launch day and their prices were based on old info.
    They will have to honor the price if some people wait for several more months.

Everyone else will be paying above this price for that card even when there is stock available.

Ah man cmon,

How can you tell from that list that zero people have received one? People could have got them on launch day,as i said I had one in my basket but decided against to wait on reviews.

Also the first week on that list is commencing the 23th of November,what about all the other weeks from the 18th of September?

Ah man cmon,

How can you tell from that list that zero people have received one? People could have got them on launch day,as i said I had one in my basket but decided against to wait on reviews.

Also the first week on that list is commencing the 23th of November,what about all the other weeks from the 18th of September?

Day one from scan was only a pre-order they had no stock.
    After people realised this and Scan saw how angry people were they uploaded the stock list and update it every week. It's very transparent now.

Delayed (9-18th Dec) is the latest update on the first Tuf non OC and it is expected to be delayed again in the next update.

No TUF non OC has arrived at Scan yet this is confirmed by both Scan and customers who got an order in within minutes of it going live on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dante7 wrote: »

That's more than I paid for my 3070 :eek:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's more than I paid for my 3070 :eek:

And they all sold out at that price.

Day one from scan was only a pre-order they had no stock.
    After people realised this and Scan saw how angry people were they uploaded the stock list and update it every week. It's very transparent now.

Delayed (9-18th Dec) is the latest update on the first Tuf non OC and it is expected to be delayed again in the next update.

No TUF non OC has arrived at Scan yet this is confirmed by both Scan and customers who got an order in within minutes of it going live on the site.

Scan did have stock on launch,they just didn't have much and kept taking orders after the stock they did have sold out. Please show me the info where scan said they had no stock at launch? And where is this conformation that no one has received a 3080 TUF non OC from scan. That list just proves there has been no deliveries between the 23rd of nov and now.

Scan did have stock on launch,they just didn't have much and kept taking orders after the stock they did have sold out. Please show me the info where scan said they had no stock at launch? And where is this conformation that no one has received a 3080 TUF non OC from scan. That list just proves there has been no deliveries between the 23rd of nov and now.

Were they really in stock though when all of the TUF non OC went into their prebuilts? I guess you could argue that they were but none sold for anywhere near MSRP.

People who ordered 2 minutes after launch(fastest possible checkout time as the website was struggling) are still waiting on this card from Scan.

ASUS do have several other more expensive SKU's that came out after the TUF and some of these are shipping in reasonable quantity.

• Advertisement

Were they really in stock though when all of the TUF non OC went into their prebuilts? I guess you could argue that they were but none sold for anywhere near MSRP.

People who ordered 2 minutes after launch(fastest possible checkout time as the website was struggling) are still waiting on this card from Scan.

ASUS do have several other more expensive SKU's that came out after the TUF and some of these are shipping in reasonable quantity.

Oh right now there all in pre builts.

I can tell you on launch day I was at checkout a lot quicker than 2 minutes with an Asus TUF on scan,still regret not buying it actually.

Whats wrong with Asus prioritising catching up with the more expensive cards on pre order first?

The only time there would be a legitimate complaint there is if all pre orders of the more expensive cards were filled then they continued to make them for sale without fulfilling the back orders of cheaper cards first. If they prioritised the cheaper cards people who pre ordered the more expensive ones would be the ones complaining.

At the end of the day the cards can obviously be made and sold at or close to msrp for a profit. The proof is there looking at some of the launch prices. The problem to me now is everyone is looking at the demand and saying feck it let's charge an arm and a leg because we can and the sad truth is they are right,supply is so bad they can easily get away with it,for all cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Popey32

I persume after jan 1st uk websites will incur customs charges , where will be the best place to order from . I was thinking of pre ordering and just getting onna wait list but don't want to pay an unknown amount to customs

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Popey32 wrote: »
    I persume after jan 1st uk websites will incur customs charges , where will be the best place to order from . I was thinking of pre ordering and just getting onna wait list but don't want to pay an unknown amount to customs

Computer parts have no customs duty. Check the post Brexit ordering thread for more details.

Keep getting discord updates about stock in curry's UK. No delivery option, collection only. Frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

Keep getting discord updates about stock in curry's UK. No delivery option, collection only. Frustrating!

If you live in Dublin, Newry is only up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So happy I have my card now, even if I was forced to get a 3090 over the 3080/3080ti I wanted. Its a horrible game this we are all playing, looking for a card especially if the budget is tight. If I had a decent card like a nvidia 2600 series GPU or higher I would have deffo waited till feb/mar and have the pick of card I want at close to MSRP.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

slade_x wrote: »
    slade_x wrote: »
    11/12/2020 queue position 38 :confused: so this weeks is just a reminder of last weeks

Consolidated:
    02/10/2020 queue position 65
    14/10/2020 queue position 62
    23/10/2020 queue position 60
    30/10/2020 queue position 55
    06/11/2020 queue position 51
    13/11/2020 queue position 45
    20/11/2020 queue position 42
    27/11/2020 queue position 40
    04/12/2020 queue position 38
    11/12/2020 queue position 38
    19/12/2020 queue position 38

I wasn't even going to bother posting since there was no change from the previous week but I received a reply from revenue

11/12/2020 - Customs - General import and/or export query

22/12/2020 15:15 Status : Completed

Good afternoon
    Unfortunately if the goods arrive after the 1st January 2021, then full import formalities will apply. This will include the payment of any duties of VAT that may apply to the products.
    The import formalities are set out here:
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/customs-traders-and-agents/brexit/customs-declaration-roles-and-responsibilities/importer/bringing-goods-into-Ireland-from-great-britain-gb.aspx
    Regards
    Trader Outreach
    team

I received an update today oddly 24/12/2020 queue position 36

If you live in Dublin, Newry is only up the road.

There's never any stock up North.

Oh right now there all in pre builts.

I can tell you on launch day I was at checkout a lot quicker than 2 minutes with an Asus TUF on scan,still regret not buying it actually.

Whats wrong with Asus prioritising catching up with the more expensive cards on pre order first?

The only time there would be a legitimate complaint there is if all pre orders of the more expensive cards were filled then they continued to make them for sale without fulfilling the back orders of cheaper cards first. If they prioritised the cheaper cards people who pre ordered the more expensive ones would be the ones complaining.

Fair enough, all reports were that checkout took 2 minutes on the day but perhaps your bank was faster than most.

If you made it as far as the getting picked status before you canceled then you would have the card by now at that price.

Many retailers have come out and said Asus are fulfilling orders on the SKUs that released a few week after launch day before fulfilling orders on the cheaper cards that they had promised retailers for launch.
    Most retailers had no stock but the promise of stock that week. Asus have been the worst at fulfilling the launch day stock.

It's a free market and I don't know the exact contract they have with retailers but I imagine this does not break that contract but it is bad PR.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So happy I have my card now, even if I was forced to get a 3090 over the 3080/3080ti I wanted. Its a horrible game this we are all playing, looking for a card especially if the budget is tight. If I had a decent card like a nvidia 2600 series GPU or higher I would have deffo waited till feb/mar and have the pick of card I want at close to MSRP.

Loads of 3090s in stock from scan now, fairly wide selection.

I have to admit, if I had found a 3090 at Nvidias MSRP of £1,399 I would have pulled the trigger.

Now that there is less demand for 3090's it might not be long until the situation improves for the 3080 stock.

Advertisement