Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

The memory capacity is linked to the bus width AFAIK. 12GB would have meant the same bus as the 3090.

All the leaks are suggesting a 320bit bus for the 3080ti v 384bit on the 3090.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Amazon are now dropping pre-orders for the Palit GeForce RTX 3070 GamingPro OC 8GB(£600) and Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC 8GB(£650) every day.

These orders will ship early in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

harmless wrote: »
    Amazon are now dropping pre-orders for the Palit GeForce RTX 3070 GamingPro OC 8GB(£600) and Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC 8GB(£650) every day.

These orders will ship early in the new year.

Not a chance in hell i would be paying upwards of 650 euros for 8g vram

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Not a chance in hell i would be paying upwards of 650 euros for 8g vram

Same here but the pre-orders that come in stocks of about 10 - 20 are booked within 30 seconds so I know it will be of interest to some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Not sure why I bother with these amazon stock alerts. Silly.

MucevZi.png

• Advertisement

It's unfortunate to see such scalping from a company as large as Amazon. That's €90 above what the Nvidia's site lists that AIB model for :(

It's unfortunate to see such scalping from a company as large as Amazon. That's €90 above what the Nvidia's site lists that AIB model for :(

Yeah I think I will wait for the 3080 Ti at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

LOL couldn't make it up:

And yet someone did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Did you know, "gullible" is not in the dictionary, its not an actual work in the english language its just slang....look it up....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

What are people expecting to pay for a 3080 Ti?

Its not going to be less than the 6900 XT imo.

EoinHef wrote: »
    What are people expecting to pay for a 3080 Ti?

Its not going to be less than the 6900 XT imo.

I expect €999 for the FE with extremely limited supply.
    And €1199 - €1299 for AIB cards.

Scan have sold almost all of their large stock of 3090s

IMO there is still an apatite amongst consumers for this card so this will be priority for GA102 dies for a while longer.

FFS

I expect €999 for the FE with extremely limited supply.
    And €1199 - €1299 for AIB cards.

Scan have sold almost all of their large stock of 3090s

IMO there is still an apatite amongst consumers for this card so this will be priority for GA102 dies for a while longer.

I reckon £999 for the FE. That's what the 6900XT is MSRP isn't it? Hard to tell at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭blackbullet

wow im impressed with gpu heres my current set up amd fx 8core cpu,8gb of ram gtx960 its 4 years old she still goes and all i use is blender and gimp, blender gpu rendering in cycles folks i can still render no problem im not sure when ill upgrade i can only imagine rendering blender scenes with that gpu.

Anyone any inside info on a FE drop today? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah I think I will wait for the 3080 Ti at this rate.

And play the same game all over again...you will be lucky to get one of them they are going to be so sought after.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Option 2: skip this generation, save up, buy a prebuild in 2022 :(

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    And play the same game all over again...you will be lucky to get one of them they are going to be so sought after.
    I probably will just wait out until whenever this is over. I'm happy enough with my 2070 for now.

4080 here I come.

• Advertisement

I reckon £999 for the FE. That's what the 6900XT is MSRP isn't it? Hard to tell at the moment.

AMD say the MSRP of the 6900XT is £899.99 but you will never find it for that price.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Got a 3070 at my door christmas eve, initially contemplating selling my PC but then got this 3070...

So it seems it does not play well with AMD CPUs paired with 3600mhz+ RAM. Its extremely unstable. Quick google proves it. I spent 4+ hours a few days ago trying to figure it out. Ended up disabling XMP and running the RAM at 3400mhz instead. All good since then

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got a 3070 at my door christmas eve, initially contemplating selling my PC but then got this 3070...

So it seems it does not play well with AMD CPUs paired with 3600mhz+ RAM. Its extremely unstable. Quick google proves it. I spent 4+ hours a few days ago trying to figure it out. Ended up disabling XMP and running the RAM at 3400mhz instead. All good since then

I've had no issues with my FE 3070 running on a B550 motherboard with a R5 3600 and 16GB 3600MHz ram.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I've had no issues with my FE 3070 running on a B550 motherboard with a R5 3600 and 16GB 3600MHz ram.

Lucky you. Quick google shows many issues for the RTX 3xxx series cards, eg https://forums.evga.com/BSOD-Video-Scheduler-Internal-Error-when-applying-XMP-profile-with-1660-Ti-m3160729.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lucky you. Quick google shows many issues for the RTX 3xxx series cards, eg https://forums.evga.com/BSOD-Video-Scheduler-Internal-Error-when-applying-XMP-profile-with-1660-Ti-m3160729.aspx

The guy is running a 1660Ti?

If it's such an issue how has no one on Boards experienced this issue though?

AMD say the MSRP of the 6900XT is £899.99 but you will never find it for that price.

You can if your patient and willing to sign up to a part alert. Buying a reference model direct from AMD.com will get it at that price.

EoinHef wrote: »
    You can if your patient and willing to sign up to a part alert. Buying a reference model direct from AMD.com will get it at that price.

Since AMD don't sell direct......

Out of the retailers listed by AMD which one from in the EU gets restocked most frequently and sell at MSRP?

https://www.amd.com/en/where-to-buy/radeon-rx-6000-series-graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Out of the retailers listed by AMD which one from in the EU gets restocked most frequently?

You do know this is the nvidia rtx thread right?

djivide_ wrote: »
    You do know this is the nvidia rtx thread right?

I don't see the problem with using AMD's pricing to speculation on a possible price for the RTX 3080ti

• Advertisement

Since AMD don't sell direct......

Out of the retailers listed by AMD which one from in the EU gets restocked most frequently and sell at MSRP?

AMD do sell direct,they just dont have stock currently

Advertisement