Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

I was playing Black Ops yesterday, and in the middle of the game it suddenly started to chug horribly, quit out not thinking much of it.

Ever since, all my games now run at low framerate, with my RTX3070 sitting at 20% usage. The clocks seem fine. Tried different drivers, same. So bizarre.

Card was fine for the past few weeks, but since whatever happened yesterday it's constantly stuck at 20-30% usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nvidia have a new driver out 461.09....Im not sure if its a better driver then the previous one. But Im gonna run with it for another little bit, getting a little micro stutter every now and again in Hell Let Loose and Control whereas I did not get that on the previous driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

The previous driver used to randomly crash on me. I'd get a black screen for about 5 seconds once or twice a day and then it would recover. Only happened during work - not gaming. I'm assuming an incompatibility with some work software. I'm hoping it goes away with the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nvidia have a new driver out 461.09....Im not sure if its a better driver then the previous one. But Im gonna run with it for another little bit, getting a little micro stutter every now and again in Hell Let Loose and Control whereas I did not get that on the previous driver.

I was getting similar stutters on Warzone after updating to that driver version. Although I'm sure what the real cause was because I rolled back the driver version and it didn't fix it. It wasn't until after a re-install of Warzone and updating back to 461.09 the game worked fine again so I'm still none the wiser :confused:

Warzone is fine for me, its Hell Let Loose thats a bit iffy.

Nothing major just the odd stutter every now and again, but with me any excuse to blame the game when I die....lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

More founders released today.

PartAlert
    BOT
    Today at 1:08 PM
    £1,399.00 | Nvidia RTX 3090 (UK) | @UK @EU
    Nvidia
    Nvidia RTX 3090 (UK)
    Price
    £1,399.00 at 13:08:28 GMT
    Link
    https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia-founders-3090-w9jk2tym
    £649.00 | Nvidia RTX 3080 (UK) | @UK @EU
    Nvidia
    Nvidia RTX 3080 (UK)
    Price
    £649.00 at 13:08:38 GMT
    Link
    http://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/founders-3080-k9fg6mca

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I know Scan won't deliver rn anyway. But I did manage to get in almost straight away and the 3080 was still sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

errlloyd wrote: »
    I know Scan won't deliver rn anyway. But I did manage to get in almost straight away and the 3080 was still sold out.

I knew about the delivery also but went in to have a bit of a nose about also and got to the point of picking a delivery option but none for ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Every drop that goes by I feel luckier and luckier to have gotten a 3080 FE from Scan back in October, and it was entirely down to this forum that I got so lucky! A mate of mine has had a friggin nightmare of a time with an order from OCUK.

Every drop that goes by I feel luckier and luckier to have gotten a 3080 FE from Scan back in October, and it was entirely down to this forum that I got so lucky! A mate of mine has had a friggin nightmare of a time with an order from OCUK.

I got a 3070 in early November and thought I was stupid for "settling"- Now I am so happy.

• Advertisement

Jaysus how do you think I feel....my card dropped on the 23rd December two days after I ordered it from Scan. Bleedin happy out I dont have this ****e to go through, but its looking like the same thing trying to get my monitor :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Absolute mare trying to get a card lads. I'm hoping Nvidia have a big announcement tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Absolute mare trying to get a card lads. I'm hoping Nvidia have a big announcement tomorrow

I think tomorrow is just mobile and some housekeeping. I think there is another announcement later in the month when I'm hoping for the 3080ti.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I think tomorrow is just mobile and some housekeeping. I think there is another announcement later in the month when I'm hoping for the 3080ti.

A 3080ti thats in stock somewhere...........anywhere .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

jonski wrote: »
    A 3080ti thats in stock somewhere...........anywhere .

Hunting for unicorns

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheRover

dreamers75 wrote: »
    £649.00 | Nvidia RTX 3080 (UK) | @UK @EU
    Nvidia
    Nvidia RTX 3080 (UK)
    Price
    £649.00 at 13:08:38 GMT
    Link
    http://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/founders-3080-k9fg6mca

Maybe a silly question but... why are founders so much cheaper than AIBs ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

nvidia controlling the price of the chips themselves, selling them to their partners at a higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

TheRover wrote: »

Its all pr so nvidia can claim they are better performance / $ when you look at the almost unavailable FE models, they would want you to ignore the fact that all aibs are far more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

TheRover wrote: »

Its usually because AIB'S will offer an overlock and a better cooling solution over the stock FE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Hunting for unicorns

:)

i'm certainly amused at the frequent messages of " i can't find a 3080 in stock, guess i'll jsut wait and pick up a 3080ti and avoid the hassle"

really? does anyone think there isn't going to be worse shortages for a 3080ti? the only reason there won't is if it's way overpriced for the bump over the stock 3080

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

When I said hoping for the 3080ti, I meant the announcement. I'm resigned to the fact I ain't getting anything short term and tbh the 5700XT is enough for me atm. Would like RT but in fairness that's not fantastic on the newest cards so maybe another generation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

CCL informed me today thay DPD have started sending packages from UK to Ireland today. Anyone else hear anything?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

When I said hoping for the 3080ti, I meant the announcement. I'm resigned to the fact I ain't getting anything short term and tbh the 5700XT is enough for me atm. Would like RT but in fairness that's not fantastic on the newest cards so maybe another generation?

Would be a serious cash outlay for not much more performance..2nd gen RT is just meh..personally i would wait until rdna 3 or the 4000 series in Q4 this yr if rumours are to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Is scan VAT registered here or will we be paying VAT twice?

Aodhan5000 wrote: »

I think Scan are happy to knock off the UK Vat, but they aren't registered here. So you won't pay VAT twice, but you will have to pay vat here separately, and therefore incur a handling cost.

I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Aodhan5000 wrote: »

Pay twice and not delivered any pending orders outside the UK since the start of the year yet. Scan is an awkward one as it would seem they sell well over the €75,000 per annum that means they are required to registered here but never have even after all these years.
    The UK has new VAT laws since the start of the year. Removing UK VAT and selling to us is far more complicated than I expected. The only really viable way would be for them to register here.

AFAIK Amazon.co.uk and OCUK are the only two UK companies that sell PC parts and are Irish VAT registered. OCUK use DPD so you will be waiting on DPD to resume UK to EU service.

Bottom line is the options are either Amazon UK or buy within the EU.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Do any EU Computer shops ship to Ireland though? NBB get founders cards sometimes but dont sent here :(

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Do any EU Computer shops ship to Ireland though? NBB get founders cards sometimes but dont sent here :(

Amazon ES is your best bet or a mate in Germany, they have been getting all the stock since start of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Asked Scan about buying stuff from them Ex VAT and they said they don't have delivery option outside mainland UK. So is that them and OCUK out of action?

Advertisement