Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheRover

dreamers75 wrote: »

FE cards are essentially region-locked.

How exactly region locked? If you buy from NBB and then get mailboxde.com to ship it to Ireland, they won't work here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

More founders.
    PartAlert
    BOT
    Today at 3:17 PM
    €499.00 | Nvidia RTX 3070 (DE) | @DE @EU
    Nvidia
    Nvidia RTX 3070 (DE)
    Price
    €499.00 at 15:17:31 GMT
    Link
    https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/nvidia+geforce+rtx+3070+founders+edition+695676

[3:17 PM]
    €399.00 | Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti (DE) | @DE @EU
    Nvidia
    Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti (DE)
    Price
    €399.00 at 15:17:41 GMT
    Link
    https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/nvidia+geforce+rtx+3060+ti+founders+edition+695677

€699.00 | Nvidia RTX 3080 (DE) | @DE @EU
    Nvidia
    Nvidia RTX 3080 (DE)
    Price
    €699.00 at 15:17:41 GMT
    Link
    https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/nvidia+geforce+rtx+3080+founders+edition+695674

€1,499.00 | Nvidia RTX 3090 (DE) | @DE @EU
    Nvidia
    Nvidia RTX 3090 (DE)
    Price
    €1,499.00 at 15:17:53 GMT
    Link
    https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/nvidia+geforce+rtx+3090+founders+edition+683300
    TheRover wrote: »
    How exactly region locked? If you buy from NBB and then get mailboxde.com to ship it to Ireland, they won't work here?

Copy Paste from the discord.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

TheRover wrote: »

Pretty sure mailboxde stopped taking registrations for new customers but don't know what the story is with those already signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    Pretty sure mailboxde stopped taking registrations for new customers but don't know what the story is with those already signed up

People switched to Tiptrans I think.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

AWD computers hit me with AMD GPU stock 5 mins ago....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

At those prices they can stick them up their hole....

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    At those prices they can stick them up their hole....

Ohhhh touchy....ya peasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

People switched to Tiptrans I think.

I must check that out, even when mailboxde is taking registration extra insurance is mandatory on parcels worth over €500 so it can get expensive.

What's the total damage on a 6800 or 6800xt after you add 21% VAT to clear customs?

harmless wrote: »
    What's the total damage on a 6800 or 6800xt after you add 21% VAT to clear customs?

As the saying goes.....

IF you have to ask you cant afford it!!!

:p

No idea tbh, but its more expensive then before Jan 1st. Shudder to think what I would have paid for the 3090 now!

• Advertisement

As the saying goes.....

IF you have to ask you cant afford it!!!

:p

No idea tbh, but its more expensive then before Jan 1st. Shudder to think what I would have paid for the 3090 now!

3090 AIB cards come in to stock on Amazon.co.uk frequently for about €1600 - €1700 with Irish VAT paid. Did you save much on that?

harmless wrote: »
    3090 AIB cards come in to stock on Amazon.co.uk frequently for about €1600 - €1700 with Irish VAT paid. Did you save much on that?

No in fairness, I paid £1499 for mine on 22nd December so about the same more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

What games you guys playing that you feel the upgrade was needed for, I mean cyberpunk is a joke and one of the reasons including myself that
    I was looking to upgrade? Glad i missed out to be honest . Probably wait for the next battlefield game that i know I will play for years before i upgrade.

What games you guys playing that you feel the upgrade was needed for, I mean cyberpunk is a joke and one of the reasons including myself that
    I was looking to upgrade? Glad i missed out to be honest . Probably wait for the next battlefield game that i know I will play for years before i upgrade.

Well up until Sept I had a 10yr old rig that was on its last legs. I upgraded for a few reasons, My rig was so old it needed it but I had no intention of spending so much. I edit alot of 4K video when out on the motorbike with the GoPro and with the 3900x it eats through it.

When I am gaming I stream it alot of the times, and I love the Flight sim games and FS2020 is just to good not to be played as best it can.

Wanted a 3700x and a 2080ti originally and the RTX series was dropping the week after I was building so I waited and could not get an AMD 6000 series or nVidia 30 series for love nor money.

Ended up with a 3900x and a 3090 ;)

Then when I got my 3090 I had already bought the 27LG850GL (anticipating the 3080 or 6800xt) which is a super monitor but not pushing the 3090 so I sold that and bought the AW3821DW.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I got a stock alert for a 3070 from Novatec at 11:45 (price £720 IIRC), went to their site and saw the stock drop from 3 to zero in about 60 seconds. It's nuts.

Now I feel less bad about paying €750 to a boardsie back in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Well up until Sept I had a 10yr old rig that was on its last legs. I upgraded for a few reasons, My rig was so old it needed it but I had no intention of spending so much. I edit alot of 4K video when out on the motorbike with the GoPro and with the 3900x it eats through it.

When I am gaming I stream it alot of the times, and I love the Flight sim games and FS2020 is just to good not to be played as best it can.

Wanted a 3700x and a 2080ti originally and the RTX series was dropping the week after I was building so I waited and could not get an AMD 6000 series or nVidia 30 series for love nor money.

Ended up with a 3900x and a 3090 ;)

Then when I got my 3090 I had already bought the 27LG850GL (anticipating the 3080 or 6800xt) which is a super monitor but not pushing the 3090 so I sold that and bought the AW3821DW.

What framerate you getting with MSFS 2020?

.G. wrote: »
    What framerate you getting with MSFS 2020?

No idea, but maxed out its smooth as butter on the 27" 1440 and the 3090. Not sure how my new AW3821DW @ 3840x1600p will run lol.

I would have to DL afterburner or something to get an FPS counter would I?

Dont think FS2020 has one built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No idea, but maxed out its smooth as butter on the 27" 1440 and the 3090. Not sure how my new AW3821DW @ 3840x1600p will run lol.

I would have to DL afterburner or something to get an FPS counter would I?

Dont think FS2020 has one built in.

There's a built in FPS counter in GeForce Experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nicks delight

yeah, Isn't Quadro mainly a productivity card that might support some gaming but not excellently. Just like the opposite could be said for the RTX 3090. The 3090 is not truly a productivity card even if they are touting it like such because it can Outperform other gaming cards on such tasks and therefore is AMAZING...lol..Its a gaming card. I would like to see comparisons tests (Q vs 3090) on both gaming and productivity tasks. I think Q will lose gaming and 3090 will lose on productivity when stacked against each other. I could be wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I wouldnt upgrade for one game. On PC I play a real wide variety of games,from modded minecraft to the latest COD. Latest obsession is heavily modded Arma 3

Recently got a 1440p 144Hz monitor and retired the old Qnix,which in fairness to it ran 1440p @ 100Hz so was a good monitor but was starting to show its age.

So basically I wanted to upgrade based on the sort of average performance I was getting. The division 2 for example was dropping below 60fps with my old 1080 and made it quite jarring even with adaptive sync.

So in conclusion,I didnt need to upgrade for any one game but my experience is massively better in EVERY game I play....if that makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Jasus the insanity of GPU prices at the moment, and I here I was having buyer remorse paying 600 Euro for a MSI 3070 before christmas that I bought directly off Amazon by sheer luck

prices have really gone beyond the pale right now

kingtiger wrote: »
    Jasus the insanity of GPU prices at the moment, and I here I was having buyer remorse paying 600 Euro for a MSI 3070 before christmas that I bought directly off Amazon by sheer luck

prices have really gone beyond the pale right now

And honestly its gonna get worse me thinks. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

yeah, Isn't Quadro mainly a productivity card that might support some gaming but not excellently. Just like the opposite could be said for the RTX 3090. The 3090 is not truly a productivity card even if they are touting it like such because it can Outperform other gaming cards on such tasks and therefore is AMAZING...lol..Its a gaming card. I would like to see comparisons tests (Q vs 3090) on both gaming and productivity tasks. I think Q will lose gaming and 3090 will lose on productivity when stacked against each other. I could be wrong. :)

It depends on the software. Some software has features that the quadro drivers handle significantly better. It also has error checking which is important for engineers who need precision for designs.

For most standard rendering and video editing tasks the 3090 is a great workstation card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Didn't they pitch the 3090 for "content creators" as well? That is, streamers/let's players etc. No idea about any of that stuff though, so it was probably just marketing twaddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Haven't watched TechYesCity in a while but this video was a bit sobering.
    Guess I have to take back what I said about crypto :(

Went from a 980m to a 3060 Ti build recently. Pretty amazing for non-VR games but I still use my laptop from 2015 for Beat Saber because Nvidia has had driver issues with the RTX cards and the Rift S for over half a year. Apparently they've located the root cause of the issue so hopefully it will be fixed by lunar new year when I have time off work.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Haven't watched TechYesCity in a while but this video was a bit sobering.
    Guess I have to take back what I said about crypto :(

True true and but possibly another version of what can happen is the market can become flooded with cards. Producers making more cards than ever before and if crypto-currencies taking a dive and loose value then many hobby cryptominers will drop their graphics cards like rotten stinky fish and saturate the secondhand market with relatively new cards. then the price will drop accordingly. Uncertain times. However its clear graphics cards will become more expensive for Americans from today. They will now pay 21% tax on certain Chinese electrical goods among some other products as the political muscle flexing continues between America and China. They will basically pay what we already pay so it will not effect us directly. It would be great if they could come out with a card just superior at cryptomining and really bad at games, so miners left the gaming cards alone. In a perfect world....:)

It would be great if they could come out with a card just superior at cryptomining and really bad at games, so miners left the gaming cards alone. In a perfect world....:)

That's what ASIC miners are for but part of Ethereum's popularity is that it's ASIC resistant. Ethereum has started the transition from proof of work to proof of stake but it will be a very gradual shift as changing too fast would devalue the coin.

BTW if anyone has old GPU's they don't use with at least 6GB of RAM and don't plan on mining sell now these cards have seen a massive jump in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Finally, my replacement GPU arrives tomorrow. Getting a 3090 FE. Fingers crossed.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Finally, my replacement GPU arrives tomorrow. Getting a 3090 FE. Fingers crossed.
    I am seriously Jealous. Very Nice. which one did you buy? Asus to Zotac? MSI? ....ahh.....FE. oh, I see it now. Founders editions are good.

Advertisement