Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Surely the miners are paying for bots to buy the cards for them??? ie the miners are further fuelling the bot issue?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

would imagine so. if the miners really had the inside line to the suppliers and were buying in bulk i imagine it would be the mining specific models, not the retail units

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

tazzzZ wrote: »
    Surely the miners are paying for bots to buy the cards for them??? ie the miners are further fuelling the bot issue?

Demand is fueling the bot issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

OCUK have stock for anyone who has a UK address. Outrageous prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Feels like these are the kind of prices we will see for awhile. Stock drops on AMD have been close to non existent. 3090 FEs occasionally pop up on nvidia. Anything AIB is just priced crazily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

What was their prices? Ocuk have a thread updating all the preorders... they are well behind on nearly every model. Shouldn't be selling any until those preorders are fufilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Sorry - have only been dipping in and out of the thread, so this has probably been answered... Is there no way to buy Founder Editions in Ireland now?

Anyone?

spix wrote: »
    What was their prices? Ocuk have a thread updating all the preorders... they are well behind on nearly every model. Shouldn't be selling any until those preorders are fufilled.

849 was the cheapest 6800xt. I think 1200 for the 6900xt. Prices went up for other models then

AFAIK, their pre order backlog was for 3080s.N one of those went on sale today. Only 3070s and I think 3060tis (these were like 600)

Prices are very similar on every other site I have come across. I think the only option for a cheaper card is amd direct.

OCUK Cards

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Amazon ES had 6800XT for 700 eur today at lunchtime. Think that is rrp right?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

€638 is rrp according to AMDs site.

• Advertisement

Squall wrote: »
    849 was the cheapest 6800xt. I think 1200 for the 6900xt. Prices went up for other models then

AFAIK, their pre order backlog was for 3080s.N one of those went on sale today. Only 3070s and I think 3060tis (these were like 600)

Prices are very similar on every other site I have come across. I think the only option for a cheaper card is amd direct.

OCUK Cards

"The products in the basket cannot be shipped to the selected destination."

I suppose the silver lining is they stayed in stock for a few hours.

I suppose the silver lining is they stayed in stock for a few hours.

Ocuk are not currently sending to ireland anyway even though it says ' uk and ireland only' on the product pages.

Checked their forum and loads of other complaints. something to do with dpd problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Anyone?

Mate of mine asked Nvidia support, they've confirmed that there's no shipping to Ireland right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Mate of mine asked Nvidia support, they've confirmed that there's no shipping to Ireland right now.

Cheers. I'll plod along with this 980 a while longer I guess!

spix wrote: »
    "The products in the basket cannot be shipped to the selected destination."

Yeah, they are doing UK only. Have to have a UK address (sorry was pointed out earlier in the thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Dont see us being able to buy direct from Nvidia ever again.

That would definitely be worth snapping up if you got the chance. Cant imagine it was available for too long. Cheapest XT I have heard of apart from AMD direct.

Sounds like they are no longer manufacturing reference cards either so AIB will likely be the only cards available in decent quantities

Squall wrote: »

Sounds like they are no longer manufacturing reference cards either so AIB will likely be the only cards available in decent quantities

AMD already nipped this in the bud weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/sherkelman/status/1336684121830137858

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Linus just did a nice 8k battle nvidia vs amd, I think his conclusion is quite fair there (you can skip to 13min mark if you want a tldr)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

8k is 4 times the res of 4k. 8k gaming is not going to be a thing for at least 10 years, maybe more with the push for ray tracing.

4k has only got there this gen and it still has a bit to go to get the frames we want on PC. There's barely even any video content for 8k yet either. There are no 8k players, disc formats or movies and no plans to produce them either.

There's always upscaling I guess which is getting better all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

I think high refresh 1440p is the sweet spot right now

Can anyone please recommend me a good upgrade over a 1070?

presuming cards start to go back to reasonable prices in the next year.

Can anyone please recommend me a good upgrade over a 1070?

presuming cards start to go back to reasonable prices in the next year.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1070.c2840

Anything >50% is a good upgrade, so RTX 3060 or above.

Thanks, put my email into EVGA's website to be notified when they have stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

While there are many twitter and discord groups for 3080 and 3090 cards, are there any for the lower end eg 1660 Super or similar? Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Maybe I should try again to sell my 1080Ti. Looks like there might be demand again for something like this. It can easily drive most games in 1440p at Ultra settings, just lacks RT.

JoyPad wrote: »
    Maybe I should try again to sell my 1080Ti. Looks like there might be demand again for something like this. It can easily drive most games in 1440p at Ultra settings, just lacks RT.

You'll have your hand ripped off tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Thanks, put my email into EVGA's website to be notified when they have stock.

I would not hold your breath with evga..i signed up months ago for various cards on the evga website..not one email have i got..just a heads up..you would be better using telegram for notifications

Advertisement