Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

What are ye guys using to track stock updates? Just cosie90's twitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I was also on Stock Informers discord but it’s U.K. only and most of the U.K. retailers won’t ship to Ireland anymore. Amazon would be the only exception but any of the Amazon alerts I saw were theirs party scalpers. If you know someone up north that might take delivery then it might be worth a shot.

Elara seem to have stock due in early March, but I doubt it’s going to be much. I have seen cards drop feed on currys.ie over the week so it seems some of their U.K. stock is making it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Partalert discord too. But there's so many on it you need to be very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's very irritating that we can't buy FE cards here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

stimpson wrote: »
    I just snagged a 3070 on currys.ie - I signed up to cosie90’s discord a few weeks ago (see https://www.twitch.tv/cosie90) and one popped up this evening.

I did end up with one in my basket a couple of times during the week but couldn’t complete the purchase on my phone. I did it on my laptop and it worked. Looks like the curry’s mobile site is borked.

Sad how they've hiked up the price to 720; they were 650 around Xmas.

I should've bought one lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    It's very irritating that we can't buy FE cards here.

That's a bit of an academic distinction because nobody can buy them anywhere.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Sad how they've hiked up the price to 720; they were 650 around Xmas.

I should've bought one lol.

Most of that is probably down to Sterling exchange rates. TBH I’m just happy to have one. A bit of mining when not gaming should make that back quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Grabbed a 3070 from Curry's 725 still available seems to be

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

scottigael wrote: »
    Grabbed a 3070 from Curry's 725 still available seems to be
    Hmmm I've checked a few times today and out of stock each time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I have the Gigabyte 2070 Super OC, does everything including VR, no trouble. Get the OC version for a bit of future proofing (10% extra perf boost when you want it).

Shocking prices now, bought mine for 475 in Jan 2020.

• Advertisement

laneooo wrote: »
    Hmmm I've checked a few times today and out of stock each time?

You’ll get a notification when it’s in stock. You have to be quick. And I had issues with the currys mobile site. I had to login on the laptop to be able to pay for it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have the Gigabyte 2070 Super OC, does everything including VR, no trouble. Get the OC version for a bit of future proofing (10% extra perf boost when you want it).

Shocking prices now, bought mine for 475 in Jan 2020.

You should put it up on Adverts. If you're lucky you might get a broken 2GB USB key and a half eaten ham sandwich.

You’ll get a notification when it’s in stock. You have to be quick. And I had issues with the currys mobile site. I had to login on the laptop to be able to pay for it.

Maybe I'm an idiot or drunk or as it's Saturday night a mix of both. could you give us a direct link to the Discord server?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Maybe I'm an idiot or drunk or as it's Saturday night a mix of both. could you give us a direct link to the Discord server?

https://discord.com/invite/SxtSHaJP2u

Damm things really are crazy, this was posted just a few minutes ago and already nearly gone :-(

https://www.box.co.uk/NED3090019SB-132BA-Palit-GeForce-RTX-3090-Gaming-Pro-24GB-G_3183929.html

I guess miners gonna mine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was up until 4am on saturday playing a stupid hard retro game that was pissing me off. Ultimately worth it as I somehow managed to nab an overpriced 3070 from a partsalert tweet. A little annoyed I paid what I was hoping to pay for a 3080 on it and also I was hoping for a 3080 as the 3070 just isn't quite there as a 4K card but at least I can sell the old system now and not worry about a 3080 upgrade until things return to normal.

Well that's if the card arrives or isn't cancelled.

Just had my 3070 order cancelled by Currys. Shower of bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was up until 4am on saturday playing a stupid hard retro game that was pissing me off. Ultimately worth it as I somehow managed to nab an overpriced 3070 from a partsalert tweet. A little annoyed I paid what I was hoping to pay for a 3080 on it and also I was hoping for a 3080 as the 3070 just isn't quite there as a 4K card but at least I can sell the old system now and not worry about a 3080 upgrade until things return to normal.

Well that's if the card arrives or isn't cancelled.

How much did you pay?

Just had my 3070 order cancelled by Currys. Shower of bastards.

This is a big problem with ordering as when loads of people trying to order at same time sometimes more orders go through than stock, before stock is able to update itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

spix wrote: »
    How much did you pay?

800.... I'm kind of regretting it now. Maybe when I see dem frames I won't

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    800.... I'm kind of regretting it now. Maybe when I see dem frames I won't

Thats a bargain for a 3070 these days, hopefully not currys though as someone just said their order was cancelled.

Thats a bargain for a 3070 these days, hopefully not currys though as someone just said their order was cancelled.

amazon spain but they've not shipped or charged me yet...

This is a big problem with ordering as when loads of people trying to order at same time sometimes more orders go through than stock, before stock is able to update itself.

Nope - I saw more alerts on Saturday for the same card. eCommerce isn't rocket science. There are many ways to manage sales on popular items like this - it should be easy for them not to oversell their stock.

Nope - I saw more alerts on Saturday for the same card. eCommerce isn't rocket science. There are many ways to manage sales on popular items like this - it should be easy for them not to oversell their stock.

It has happened to me on 3 different stores and none of them were currys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It has happened to me on 3 different stores and none of them were currys

German and English stores?

EoinHef wrote: »
    German and English stores?

2 german 1 french

A lot of retailers from euro countries just flat out wont deliver here,and the reason I mentioned England is a lot of retailers there wont deliver here from the UK either.

Regardless of using a mailbox forwarding service.

While not a guarantee id have much more faith amazon will deliver.

A lot of retailers from euro countries just flat out wont deliver here,and the reason I mentioned England is a lot of retailers there wont deliver here from the UK either.

Regardless of using a mailbox forwarding service.

While not a guarantee id have much more faith amazon will deliver.

Amazon are just as bad if not worse. Also be very aware with Amazon they have a habit of selling customer returns as new. If you get one from there watch out for an LPN label stuck on the box.

Amazon are just as bad if not worse. Also be very aware with Amazon they have a habit of selling customer returns as new. If you get one from there watch out for an LPN label stuck on the box.

Amazon not as bad or worse in my experience. I guess ymmv.

Are the second hand ones being supplied direct by amazon or third party seller?

• Advertisement

Amazon not as bad or worse in my experience. I guess ymmv.

Are the second hand ones being supplied direct by amazon or third party seller?

Direct. This is something Amazon has been doing a long time on alot of items. I noticed alot of sellers who have been listing these gpu on adverts, there seems to be alot of LPN labels. Amazon puts these on customer returns, maybe used or unused but never an actual new product. I don't know how they get away with it, they should all be warehouse items, I'd imagine it depends on the timeframe the customer returned it. If within a certain amount of days they can resell as new.

Advertisement