Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Huge problem with them putting returns back on the shelf, with the box usually opened and the part replaced. Lots of amazon sellers are pulling out of the platform because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Well ye learn something new everyday.

Personally not had it happen. Item would be going straight back if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

EoinHef wrote: »
    Well ye learn something new everyday.

Personally not had it happen. Item would be going straight back if it did.

I got toilet paper with an LPN label once. I don't think it was used though just damaged packaging.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Was up until 4am on saturday playing a stupid hard retro game that was pissing me off. Ultimately worth it as I somehow managed to nab an overpriced 3070 from a partsalert tweet. A little annoyed I paid what I was hoping to pay for a 3080 on it and also I was hoping for a 3080 as the 3070 just isn't quite there as a 4K card but at least I can sell the old system now and not worry about a 3080 upgrade until things return to normal.

Well that's if the card arrives or isn't cancelled.

And the **** at amazon spain have now cancelled my order saying supplier can't supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Inviere

And the **** at amazon spain have now cancelled my order saying supplier can't supply.

There goes your buyers remorse anyway Retr0

I joined the discord there for 3080 alerts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Also known as: we tried to sell more cards than we had, hoping it'd somehow work :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The supplier was amazon as well.

Just had a bad feeling when I saw the shipping date was a month out but I had the same happen with my 5800x and that ended up shipping early.

It's disheartening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Seems theres 2x Asus 3070 OC on amazon india, wonder how awkward they would be to pay and freight forward here

https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-DisplayPort-Axial-tech-Protective-Backplate/dp/B08L8LG4M3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=rtx+3080&qid=1614726250&sr=8-1

545652.png

on a seperate note there also seems to be 2 sapphire nitro+ 6800xt also

https://www.amazon.in/Sapphire-Nitro-Radeon-Gaming-Graphics/dp/B08NXXT7WN/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=rtx+3080&qid=1614726250&sr=8-4"

Really hating amazon today. Got two cards on one click buy that were out of stock because amazon took the opportunity to ask me if I wanted amazon prime and another to confirm my address. I picked one click to make orders in one click, not two. Then had another blocked because the amazon.co.uk wouldn't ship it to Ireland. I could punch Bezos right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

After finally managing to bag a 3090 on Amazon Italy now I can't for the life of me find a 1000 watt psu. Looks to be just as hard to get one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Sneak wrote: »
    After finally managing to bag a 3090 on Amazon Italy now I can't for the life of me find a 1000 watt psu. Looks to be just as hard to get one :(

Yeah I had this problem. All the 1000, 1200, 1400 all sold out. Only decent trusted brand I could find was a Corsair 1600.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭djan

What system is it running on? A Ryzen 5 based one with a couple of SSD's would do plenty fine on a 850 AFAIK?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

PSUs are out of stock as well :D ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

PSUs are out of stock as well :D ffs

Ive found that GPU, PSU and memory can be difficult to get in the last 18months.

All Eyes On Rafah

Ive found this year that GPU, PSU and memory can be difficult to get in the last 18months.

madness :pac: my other hobby (mountain biking) is having a similar crisis where parts and bikes just cant be bought, seems like everything bar face masks and food is undergoing a huge shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Curry's have some 850watts in stock that i got one two days after ordering it should be enough power for the 3090.

scottigael wrote: »
    Curry's have some 850watts in stock that i got one two days after ordering it should be enough power for the 3090.

Hmm I think you're probably right. I'm matching it with a i9 10850k but don't plan on overclocking in the next 2 yrs. I had myself set on minimum 1000w but with the stock shortages I may just have to go 850w

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hmm I think you're probably right. I'm matching it with a i9 10850k but don't plan on overclocking in the next 2 yrs. I had myself set on minimum 1000w but with the stock shortages I may just have to go 850w

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020094-UK

How about ordering from Corsair direct? You might need to use Address Pal though.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020094-UK

How about ordering from Corsair direct? You might need to use Address Pal though.

I just snapped up the very one from amazon de. Well that's my dilemma over anyway 😅 thanks for your help sir

How much, if you don't mind? There are a few 3090s over there, but they're all whereabouts 3k...

• Advertisement

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    How much, if you don't mind? There are a few 3090s over there, but they're all whereabouts 3k...

I ordered it a few weeks back for 1800. It was just right place right time for me. I was part of a discord group that gives part alerts. Was on the phone the time of the alert and I bought it straight away. More than I was hoping to pay but it's desperate out there. The reason I was stuck without a psu was that I had ordered a 1000w psu from caseking when it said it was in stock but they only just got back saying they couldn't source one.

I ordered it a few weeks back for 1800. It was just right place right time for me. I was part of a discord group that gives part alerts. Was on the phone the time of the alert and I bought it straight away. More than I was hoping to pay but it's desperate out there. The reason I was stuck without a psu was that I had ordered a 1000w psu from caseking when it said it was in stock but they only just got back saying they couldn't source one.

1800 isn't that bad, considering nVidia's fairytale price of 1499. I've been in a few of these and even if I am on the phone while the alert comes through, I always end on "this page doesn't exist" or "out of stock" pages :D.

Then again, as I said a few posts ago, I do have a 2070 Super which is...well fine, really. It's just that's so insane being physically unable to buy something that, for all intents and purposes, is a luxury good that shouldn't be high in demand :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You know its bad, when they re releasing 1060... The card I got in my pc from good few years and 2 generation old lol.

You know its bad, when they re releasing 1060... The card I got in my pc from good few years and 2 generation old lol.

and they will probably sell for €500 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

and they will probably sell for €500 :pac:

Chances are that rrp is going to be low, but retailers themselves will want do dip in to the pie and scalpers double dip, which will bring it to 500eu.

On positive side, it looks like some common sense started to show. On reddit reporting stocks of 3060 being available here and there and holding, because finally people stopped paying stupid prices. I know, we all want gpus, but the longer people hold off paying these stupid prices, sooner it will go back to normal. Obviously the massive elephant in the room is crypto, but that modern day pyramid scheme, will burst too.

I am just putting on hold my new pc plans out of spite lol. No way I am paying these prices.

Looks like over the past month, both of the main crypto currencies have taken a bit of a drop in value. Hopefully this will continue. If I remember correctly, I read the other day that the Biden administration is looking to either tax or regulate the crypto currency market in some way. If that goes through. That should put a dampener on things. Either way hope its decline continues. So us gamers at least have a bit of a chance to get new graphics cards, but more importantly, the electricity that is wasted in this useless endeavour will drop.

Looks like over the past month, both of the main crypto currencies have taken a bit of a drop in value. Hopefully this will continue. If I remember correctly, I read the other day that the Biden administration is looking to either tax or regulate the crypto currency market in some way. If that goes through. That should put a dampener on things. Either way hope its decline continues. So us gamers at least have a bit of a chance to get new graphics cards, but more importantly, the electricity that is wasted in this useless endeavour will drop.

Yeah, crypto as it stands is basically a wet dream for money launderers and crime organizations, while serving little to no purpose outside of its "market".

Another aspect to keep in mind is the energy waste of cryptomining - literally converting power into "money". Now, of course young Jimmy with 2 GPUs in his mom's basement won't make an impact, but when you think of multi-billion USD operations in China...different story.

Got a 3070 on amazon.co.uk and they won't deliver it to ireland. One getting sick of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Got a 3070 on amazon.co.uk and they won't deliver it to ireland. One getting sick of this.

Was it Amazon themselves, or third party etc? Either way, it's a ****ty situation.

• Advertisement

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Was it Amazon themselves, or third party etc? Either way, it's a ****ty situation.

Amazon export sales LLC. Maybe it's the US arm as seen a few amazon us cards on the European amazon sites.

Advertisement