Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

I got a reasonably priced 3090 from Amazon Italy into my basket briefly, but it wouldn't let me ship to Ireland. It always seems like the ones worth getting are blocked from shipping here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Luck100 wrote: »
    I got a reasonably priced 3090 from Amazon Italy into my basket briefly, but it wouldn't let me ship to Ireland. It always seems like the ones worth getting are blocked from shipping here.

Same - was just about to ask why don't they deliver outside of Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Viking direct have some rtx cards in stock and taking pre orders on others with no charge to card. They've a lot of negative feedback on trust pilot recently but that may be down to brexit delays.

I haven't used them myself for anything other than office supplies but at the time they where grand to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BuCkoTroN

I ordered one :pac:

I know a person that will take it so no rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

When they cop there are thousands of pre-orders, they will drop that real quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Viking direct have some rtx cards in stock and taking pre orders on others with no charge to card. They've a lot of negative feedback on trust pilot recently but that may be down to brexit delays.

I haven't used them myself for anything other than office supplies but at the time they where grand to deal with

At those prices I hope they choke on their coffee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Missed out on them and all that is left are 3090s

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Still cheaper than 2nd hand on Adverts :pac:

On a positive outlook, it's stock that's shipping to Ireland. I've only seen stock in German sites , many won't ship to ireland so mailboxde is required, those that do are more expensive than what's on viking.

Hopefully it's a sign of more stock becoming available and hopefully then prices drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

The mid tier stuff is pretty close to MSRP.

So it appears viking will take the transaction amount from your card despite what the website says and despite getting confirmation from customer service that they won't.

• Advertisement

So it appears viking will take the transaction amount from your card despite what the website says and despite getting confirmation from customer service that they won't.

Has it shown up as a transaction or is it pending. They usually put a hold on the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you use a credit card or a debit card? Website says they won't take payment until the item is shipped if you're ordering through your account or with a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

I joined the Viking backorder queue for a 3080. I don't see any charges on my credit card yet. There's no "cancel" button on the order info...I guess you have to go through customer service for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm gone off the whole idea .
    I wanted to get a 3080 to replace my 1080 but I wanted to get it when they came out last year to get the maximum amount of time out of it before it was upgrade time again . We are already gone more than six months from launch date and still no sign of them being easier to acquire so I think I'll just wait for the next go round .

Spent some it the money that was put aside on a Secret labs Titan chair to show my now adult children that their cash presents were being put to good use ;)

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you use a credit card or a debit card? Website says they won't take payment until the item is shipped if you're ordering through your account or with a credit card.

Debit card .... The transaction failed too due to an error on their transaction page. Bank card debited but no transaction showing. Viking CS and my bank says to allow 2 - 4 days for the pending transaction to revert back to my account.

I'm sure all will be fine but still a PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Debit card ....

Then you get charged when you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I don't see any cards on Viking???...................only laptops when I search RTX.

Nevermind I see now. Thought you guys were on UK.

€1780 for a 3090 doesn't seem too bad at all right now!

Rob2D wrote: »
    I don't see any cards on Viking???...................only laptops when I search RTX.

Nevermind I see now. Thought you guys were on UK.

€1780 for a 3090 doesn't seem to bad at all right now!

Either search through it, or filter by "components" on the left.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Then you get charged when you order.

I must get a Credit card so ... And learn to read :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

The mid tier stuff is pretty close to MSRP.

Scratch that. Just realized prices are ex VAT.

Jaysis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm a dope, couldn't see them.

Wow, in the time it took me to clear everything with our accountant, the 3090's are all gone. Brilliant.

Wow, in the time it took me to clear everything with our accountant, the 3090's are all gone. Brilliant.

They're available for back order on the Irish site still.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They're available for back order on the Irish site still.

Yeah but how long will that be I wonder???

I assume the ones that say "Shipped directly from supplier" are like don't even bother?

Yeah but how long will that be I wonder???

I assume the ones that say "Shipped directly from supplier" are like don't even bother?

I asked customer service earlier if they had any idea on how long would restock take and they couldn't provide an answer as it was supplier dependant.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

near panic saturday morning, hit power on the pc, black screen. nothing. strongly suspected the 3090 FE was dead, and given current situation would be a disaster

luckily enough it was a loose power cable and all quickly sorted, but i did envisage a long wait if there was an issue

does make me wonder what happens any irish based person with an FE at this stage, Scan likely won't touch, and we'd probably be charged for shipping back to them, Nvidia would likely say the retailer has to address. I'm sure it would get taken care of eventually, but i imagine it would be a struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

You'll get the card from viking once prices at other stores have dropped below vikings price. Wouldn't waste your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Viking dont have any cards in stock..they are taking pre orders...a guy on my discord this morning rang them and they said they have no idea when cards will come into stock...so beware

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BuCkoTroN

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Viking dont have any cards in stock..they are taking pre orders...a guy on my discord this morning rang them and they said they have no idea when cards will come into stock...so beware

I have an order confirmed for mine, hopefully they come through :eek:

• Advertisement

I found myself actually looking at Alienware's a minute ago. I was legit considering paying €3k+ for something that looks like a f***ing Dyson fan.

This is my life now.

Advertisement