Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

spix wrote: »
    Theres no way MSI are supplying these cards at that price though. Especially since they announced price increases. Fair play if Amazon are willing to sell at a loss to give people a good deal but with their reputation of selling customer returns as new, I don't believe it.

It's 120 odd quid over MSRP albeit for a partner card. I don't believe that they are making a loss - especially with Amazon's buying power - but it'll be a slim enough margin. Either way Amazon have been consistently selling cards around this figure so I don't think it's a pricing error, although the chances of getting the card are slim I would agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

It's 120 odd quid over MSRP albeit for a partner card. I don't believe that they are making a loss - especially with Amazon's buying power - but it'll be a slim enough margin. Either way Amazon have been consistently selling cards around this figure so I don't think it's a pricing error, although the chances of getting the card are slim I would agree.

The MSRP has been increasing. Evga is currently at around £800 inc vat for a similar level 3080 on their website. Evga is always cheaper than MSI when both in stock at the same store. MSI annoucned more price increases last week, I'd say this card would have to be at least £850 to be somewhat believable but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone know if the Nvidia store site ever restocks anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone know if the Nvidia store site ever restocks anymore?

Last I heard. They start selling through scan.co.uk instead of their own store...

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

No FE cards for Ireland for 3000 series GPU's(and probably 4000)
    You can't order from scan.co.uk(without 21% markup) because they refuse to register for VAT in Ireland
    The German and French sites that sell FE cards don't ship to Ireland.

Today I got my Ethereum payout that bringing total earned from mining to €800.
    I paid €920(RRP) for the Gamerock 3080 OC on Amazon. Another few weeks and I will have the total cost of the card covered including electricity cost of mining.
    I've benn using the card for gaming too so it was not mining 100% of the time.

Good day for me, sad state of affairs for the GPU market.

Do people think EIP 1559 is the beginning of the end for GPU mining or will miners just move away from ethereum?
    The difficulty spike has already had a noticeable impact and will continue to worsen as intended while fees for miners should shrink with the EIP 1559 hard fork.
    Currently there is no alternative that comes close making such profits but there will probably still be money to be make in countries with much lower electricity costs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

nVidia have put up a list of resizable BAR VBIOS sources for various brands:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/

The Zotac link is dead currently, Zotac said it should be available shortly, but have no specific ETA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Spear wrote: »
    nVidia have put up a list of resizable BAR VBIOS sources for various brands:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/geforce-rtx-30-series-resizable-bar-support/

The Zotac link is dead currently, Zotac said it should be available shortly, but have no specific ETA.

Going to hold off and wait and see if the increased performance has an effect on temperature or memory Junction temps. Cheers for the link though.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ActionHank

Had a 3070 Founders Edition in my Scan basket for them to reject me because of my Irish billing address. Thought the fine print somewhere mentioned UK and Ireland 😡

Literally as it stands there are no viable options to buy a card at a close to rrp manually. Every site other than Scan has bots scanning the stock levels every second.

Is there any hope for us anytime soon?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had the same **** as well today.

**** Brexit.

Ah bollocks, was hoping to get a FE 3080 and ship it to NI as a back up plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

ActionHank wrote: »
    Had a 3070 Founders Edition in my Scan basket for them to reject me because of my Irish billing address. Thought the fine print somewhere mentioned UK and Ireland ��

To be honest, I've found Scan to be sketchy about orders from Ireland even before Brexit; I've only ordered a couple of times, using ParcelMotel IIRC, and each time they called me multiple times trying to cancel my order 'cause "your card is a ROI card, the address and UK one!" to quote the rep. Each time it took a good while on the phone to get the guy to understand how that was possible, and why I was using a redelivery service.

Literally as it stands there are no viable options to buy a card at a close to rrp manually. Every site other than Scan has bots scanning the stock levels every second.

Well...anyone know any good/reliable bot provider service? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheRover

Had a 3070 Founders Edition in my Scan basket for them to reject me because of my Irish billing address. Thought the fine print somewhere mentioned UK and Ireland ��

The sad thing is that Scan are NVidia's official supplier to Ireland, but they've stopped shipping to Ireland since Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    To be honest, I've found Scan to be sketchy about orders from Ireland even before Brexit; I've only ordered a couple of times, using ParcelMotel IIRC, and each time they called me multiple times trying to cancel my order 'cause "your card is a ROI card, the address and UK one!" to quote the rep. Each time it took a good while on the phone to get the guy to understand how that was possible, and why I was using a redelivery service.

Well...anyone know any good/reliable bot provider service? :D

Why'd you ship to Parcel Motel? I got my PSU, CPU and MB off them in September and had everything after four days delivered by DPD.

Got an FE Founders off them in November and had it delivered in three days. Card was faulty and they arranged collection and I had a replacement within 10 days of contacting them with the issue.

Can't say I had any issue with them at all and were very good at getting back to me via email when I had the card issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why'd you ship to Parcel Motel? I got my PSU, CPU and MB off them in September and had everything after four days delivered by DPD.

Got an FE Founders off them in November and had it delivered in three days. Card was faulty and they arranged collection and I had a replacement within 10 days of contacting them with the issue.

Can't say I had any issue with them at all and we're very good at getting back to me via email when I had the card issue.

Since January 1st all that has changed.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hellraiser said before Brexit though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

can't use parcel motel since jan 1st either so presumably this is discussing events prior to that

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Anyone tried sending Scan FE cards to addresspal? I realise youd have to pay irish vat plus duties in top of that

scottigael wrote: »
    Anyone tried sending Scan FE cards to addresspal? I realise youd have to pay irish vat plus duties in top of that

Talking about something similar further back. Seems they won't take an Irish billing address and a UK delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Going to hold off and wait and see if the increased performance has an effect on temperature or memory Junction temps. Cheers for the link though.

Can tell you that I have had no increase in junction temp as a result of reBAR. I do have the thermal pads replaced on my 3090FE though. I hover around the 80-85 degree mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

TitianGerm wrote: »

Can't say I had any issue with them at all and were very good at getting back to me via email when I had the card issue.

It was a combination of factors, mostly around delivery times; Keep in mind this was years ago, possibly around 2016, when ParcelMotel still worked pretty much flawlessly at least in Dublin...and in many ways it was more dependable in terms of delivery schedule than other vectors.

I could order something with a "next day" UK delivery and, almost 100% of the times, it'd be with me in two days (PM would get the package in NI, put it on a truck to Dublin overnight and by lunchtime the next day they'd deliver to the local "bin"). This also allowed me to "plan" deliveries with some precision - e.g. on more than one occasion I managed to order stuff while abroad, planning for the parcels to be waiting for me at the PM depot on the day I was flying back.

Most "direct" delivery services from UK websites took much longer than that; This of course went all out of the window in the last 2-3 years, when PM's service noticeably deteriorated in terms of speed and predictability - once they had a parcel in their Dublin "depot" for over a week and I only managed to get it once I showed up there, asking where the F. it was :mad:.

With the second (and last) order, the Scan rep who called me did a really sh1tty job and irked me all sorts of wrong ways - he was dismissive and sounding very annoyed / smug in his dealings, while I had just dropped the majority of that month's salary into their hands. I clearly remember telling him "no problem, refund my card and I'll take my business elsewhere", and that was what "convinced" them to send the order. Possibly the case of ONE sales rep being sh1t at his job, but hey, it's business and it's all it takes to build a bad rep. I've never lost opportunity to recommend people to stay AWAY from Scan since that day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ActionHank

Did anyone try to reach out directly to Nvidia in relation to Irish based stockist since Scan no longer ships to Ireland? Surely there must be someone else who could sell FE cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Why doesn't Nvidia sell stuff directly? AMD does with their own cards don't they? Why are they relying on a company like Scan to service the UK and Ireland especially post brexit. Surely it would be smarter to have a European distributer to service all of the EU.

Did anyone try to reach out directly to Nvidia in relation to Irish based stockist since Scan no longer ships to Ireland? Surely there must be someone else who could sell FE cards?

Popped off an email to their support earlier today, will post the response.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the NVIDIA online store.

Our store currently ships to the following countries:

United States
    Canada
    Puerto Rico
    Virgin Islands (USA)
    United Kingdom
    Germany
    Austria
    France
    Norway
    Netherlands
    Sweden
    Poland
    Denmark
    Finland
    Czech Republic
    Belgium
    Luxembourg
    Italy

Please be advised that some products are not available through the NVIDIA online store in all regions. We're sorry that we cannot comment on when or if products will be available in locations where they are not currently offered.

Sincerely,
    Andrea G.
    NVIDIA online store
    Customer Service
    nvidia.uk.cs@digitalriver.com

No joy, seems like it'd be pretty easy to just roll us in with one of the other EU-based storefronts and factor in the additional delivery costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad1337

No joy, seems like it'd be pretty easy to just roll us in with one of the other EU-based storefronts and factor in the additional delivery costs.

Has anyone tried to get an FE from Scan and ship to Ireland using Addresspal? I know VAT and import tax would be applied but is it possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad1337

H3llR4iser wrote: »

I only ordered from Scan once, got the rest of my PC parts except GPU. Ordered on Thursday and arrived on Tuesday morning. Granted that was during November last year and I have been quite happy with the experience so far and Scan will be my number one choice if they do accept order from Ireland again

If they're using Digital River it should be no issue shipping here as many companies do through DR.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If they're using Digital River it should be no issue shipping here as many companies do through DR.

I would put money on it being something real stupid, like a PA thinking Ireland is part of the UK and making the decision that we are supplied via scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Getting a 20% uplift in performance on my 3070 after enabling resizeable bar after firmware and MB bios update (tested WD Legion and AC Valhalla).

Advertisement