Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone else annoyed they didn't see the feckin' card behind the spatulas? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Anyone else annoyed they didn't see the feckin' card behind the spatulas? :o
    I never guessed one of them would be in the oven either!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Flight sim will probably still struggle to hit 60fps on 1440p Ultra

In fairness Rossi, that game needs to be optimised more....the performance will get alot better over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

jBqCoIx.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Luck100 wrote: »

RTX 3090 has 10496 cuda cores compared to 4352 for the 2080ti. That's 2.4X the raster compute power!

Those rumours were all wrong then

3080 has 8704 cores

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/graphics-cards/30-series/?nvid=nv-int-cwmfg-49069#cid=_nv-int-cwmfg_en-us

Rumours said 4352

How could they be out by times 2?

https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidias-rtx-3080-and-3090-graphics-cards-are-leaked-with-pics-and-reported-specs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

unknown.png
    German pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

isnt it possible to order from the Nvidia GB site and pay in sterling if the rate is better than euro ?

from checking just now it seems possible, has delivery option to GB or IE so can choose which currency

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

These specs and pricing are crazy. Amd must have something good on the way for Nvidia to be so generous by their standards or we've all been brainwashed into paying too much for GPU's so that they seem generous.

Will wait to see what AMD are offering but looks like I'll be getting a 3070 or the AMD equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,027 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

BArra wrote: »
    isnt it possible to order from the Nvidia GB site and pay in sterling if the rate is better than euro ?

from checking just now it seems possible, has delivery option to GB or IE so can choose which currency

Using Revolut the 3070 works out about €525 from the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

They are giving away watchdogs legion with the 30 series and a year of geforce now, they say a 650w power supply for a 3070 220w card apparently, and a 750w for a 3080 a 320w card and the 3090 is the same but a 350w card

dam I got a 650w that I bought in may 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

BArra wrote: »

Think it's cheaper in euros? Off the top of my head, £650 is about €730.
    BloodBath wrote: »
    These specs and pricing are crazy. Amd must have something good on the way for Nvidia to be so generous by their standards or we've all been brainwashed into paying too much for GPU's so that they seem generous.

Will wait to see what AMD are offering but looks like I'll be getting a 3070 or the AMD equivalent.

Yeah, I think AMD have something good this time around. I mean, they likely won't be competing with the 3090, but we could see a nice battle at the 3070 level. I hope reviewers highlight VRAM and power consumption in the inevitable comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If i go the 3080 route I have a HX 750W Gold,that should cover it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

There's a nice pricing gap between the 3080 and the 3090 to wallop a 3080ti in there at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did they mention when 3060 going to pop up?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,649 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Outervision is telling me that a 650w should be manageable for a 3600 with a 3080, will see what more people say in benchmarks etc and probably wait for the first wave to pass but hoping I don't have to upgrade PSU as well.

They are giving away watchdogs legion with the 30 series and a year of geforce now, they say a 650w power supply for a 3070 220w card apparently, and a 750w for a 3080 a 320w card and the 3090 is the same but a 350w card

dam I got a 650w that I bought in may ��

A decent quality 650w should be enough for a 3080, probably even a 3090 if your cpu is low power like a 3600/3700.

Those recommended PSU's are always higher than needed to cover themselves against people using crap PSU's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

And a low enough chance to see 100% gpu and cpu usage simultaneously outside of synthetic benchmarks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Well I have to eat my words about these cards, the pricing is pretty good and the performance jump seems amazing going by that Digital Foundry video. How can I resist...

BloodBath wrote: »
    A decent quality 650w should be enough for a 3080, probably even a 3090 if your cpu is low power like a 3600/3700.

Those recommended PSU's are always higher than needed to cover themselves against people using crap PSU's.

Would a 550w run a 3070 and a R7 1700? Doubt the 3080 would though?

I think I'll just sell the whole thing and build a new PC around the 3080.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Thierry12 wrote: »

Maybe this accounts for the factor of 2 in the core counts: "2x FP32 streaming multiprocessors". So maybe each cuda core is doing double the work per clock?

Near 200% performance across the board it seems compared to last gen equivalents, doubled rasterisation, RT and Tensor performance. Incredible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Time to retire my 2x 1080 Founders Editions. I got nigh on 5 years of good service from them, which is pretty much unheard of in the GPU world, if not all of gaming hardware. But they're showing their age, with a few recent titles like Control and Flight Sim stressing them heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Would a 550w run a 3070 and a R7 1700? Doubt the 3080 would though?

I think I'll just sell the whole thing and build a new PC around the 3080.

Honestly yes, the 1700 will bottleneck GPUs this good.

Also kind of lost in the hype, but these GPUs might require PCIe 4.0 to get the best performance so Intel have majorly fvcked-up.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Also kind of lost in the hype, but these GPUs might require PCIe 4.0 to get the best performance so Intel have majorly fvcked-up.

I'll do a build recommend thread then and see what we can piece together. Be great if you could offer some advice once I have it up?

I would say only the 3090 has a chance of doing that.

The 2080ti only saturates around 53% of PCEe3.

Buying a new board with PCie3 at this point though is kinda silly and a definite nope for high end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

That's my R51600 going in the bin then!

jebidiah wrote: »
    That's my R51600 going in the bin then!

I'd wait for the next gen3 Ryzen CPU's to get another bump in clock speed and IPC over the gen2 ryzens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭weisses

Some nice comparison benchmarks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

All very impressive from NVIDIA but its hard to compete with the "Big" in Big Navi.

I mean they are using the word Big, so its got to be Big right?

Surely if it wasn't that impressive they would of called it Small Navi or even Medium Navi, but Big Navi...that's got to be Big!

Damn you AMD, I hope your not just playing with words!

Advertisement