Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,401 ✭✭✭Homelander

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not sure where you're remembering 500 euro from, at those exchange rates they would've been 420 euro (unless you mean the FE).

Because that is the region a lot of them were retailing for for quite a long time.

£330 might have been RRP but they were not selling for anywhere near that for ages.

I personally paid about €480 for my old 1070 and it was the cheapest card I could find at the time from Germany.

Example look at this thread from release.

Anyone who bought GTX1070/1080 in 2016 will remember the painful shafting EU got.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,650 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bitwit saying that max power draw with a 3950x at stock settings was 537w, and 460w with a 3600xt.

GamersNexus confirmed that at 100% under furmark it's pulling 320w at stock.

Just in case anyone's still looking at whether their current power supply is up to the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bitwit saying that max power draw with a 3950x at stock settings was 537w, and 460w with a 3600xt.

GamersNexus confirmed that at 100% under furmark it's pulling 320w at stock.

Just in case anyone's still looking at whether their current power supply is up to the task.
    >looks at EVGA 850GQ

Think I'm ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

EoinHef wrote: »
    The numbers coming from using a 1080 look great.

Gonna be a big boost for me. Who knows when be able to get hands on a GPU though. Initially for me it would be founders or nothing,id be worried about some AIB coolers givin power usage. Would have to wait on individual reviews and my price range would be in the lower AIB range im guessing. Some priced at near £800 and screw paying that.

If the founders is scarce I won't be too bothered as waiting for AMD would be the sensible thing to do anyway

Exactly this, I dont care how much or how little the 30 series destroys the 2080ti because I dont have one.

I just need to know if it beats my 1060, will try to bag a card on launch if not I will wait for the 3080ti.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Anyone want to take a modded 2070 Super?
    I will accept 2 boxes of Tayto :pac:

/s

Open boxes ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Ooooh interesting. According to Linus Tech Tips the RTX IO thing is also going to work on 20 Series cards.

SR-IOV support isn't decided yet apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Does the Nvidia site even ship to Ireland or do we have to use Parcel Motel from the UK site?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Does the Nvidia site even ship to Ireland or do we have to use Parcel Motel from the UK site?

An Irish lad on the OcUK forums said they wouldn't sell him a Titan (despite them being sent from Ireland!), but he has bought other cards from them before without issue. If they don't, you might be able to use Parcel Motel or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

That's nearly £150 more than the FE.

• Advertisement

£800, flip away. I'll be trying to snap one of the £650 ones tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

What time tomorrow do the FE's go live? Do we have to buy from the nvidia website in Pounds Sterling?

What time tomorrow do the FE's go live? Do we have to buy from the nvidia website in Pounds Sterling?

2pm apparently, yes it's in Sterling, also you'll probably have to use parcel motel or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

eh?

you can choose euro and ireland for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 28,034 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

2pm apparently, yes it's in Sterling, also you'll probably have to use parcel motel or similar.

My 2060 shipped directly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

BArra wrote: »
    eh?

you can choose euro and ireland for delivery

I had issues with their Postcode validation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

not having that issue, did you put eircode as x12 x123

Not saying I agree with him but as we're linking videos...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Homelander wrote: »
    £800, flip away. I'll be trying to snap one of the £650 ones tomorrow.

hoping to do a build next year, have a serious fear that the rrp prices will suddenly turn into 800-900euro for a 3080 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

3080 using close to 400w, the max of dual 8 pin + board power, when overclocked to 2ghz.

No wonder the 3090 needs extra juice. Crazy that Nvidia maxed the potential of the node with the first set of cards on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I see Crysis Remastered was benchmarked by Crytek themselves on its second highest graphics preset at 1080p on a Ryzen 2700x RTX 2080Ti and 16GB ram.

Average fps was 38.

LOL think the RTX 3080 may have run into its first challenge!

Azza wrote: »
    I see Crysis Remastered was benchmarked by Crytek themselves on its second highest graphics preset at 1080p on a Ryzen 2700x RTX 2080Ti and 16GB ram.

Average fps was 38.

LOL think the RTX 3080 may have run into its first challenge!

Seems they optimized it as badly as possible to play up to a meme rather than actually push the boundaries of graphics.

The remaster looks worse in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Even the colour palette looks terrible in the remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

The the original never performed very well either. So it's a choice between playing a low-performant FPS that has a minimum requirement of 512MB of RAM or a low-performant slightly different looking version of the same FPS that probably requires 1500% more hardware resources... and you have to buy it again :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

699 dollars
    RTX 3080 FE is 33% faster than the RTX 2080 Ti, on average.it's 57% faster than the RTX 2080 Super, 69% faster than the RTX 2080 FE — it's 26% faster than the Titan RTX!running at 4K ultra settings. The lead narrows if you drop down to 1440p, and it decreases even more at 1080p. It's still 42% faster than a 2080 FE at 1080p ultra, but this is very much a card made for higher resolutions.you might need a faster CPU to get the full 3080 experience
    https://www.tomshardware.com/amp/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-review

hoping to do a build next year, have a serious fear that the rrp prices will suddenly turn into 800-900euro for a 3080 :(

That's exactly what happened the original GTX 10 series, RRP of the 1070 was $349/£330, we ended up paying €500+ in the EU for a long time.

Problem wouldn't be as bad if AMD has competition to launch in the same time frame.

Hoping to get a 3080 tomorrow for £660-680 range. Will be happy at that, way beyond 2080Ti raster/RT performance for a relatively decent price.

If I don't get one, I will just wait it out for a 3070.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I have watched a few reviews now and haven't heard much regarding noise from the card ( they might have mentioned it but my ears glazed over :D ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

jonski wrote: »
    I have watched a few reviews now and haven't heard much regarding noise from the card ( they might have mentioned it but my ears glazed over :D ) .

Gamers Nexus covered the subject. See the timestamps in the video description. He covers fan curves and noise around 9m12s onwards.

The the original never performed very well either. So it's a choice between playing a low-performant FPS that has a minimum requirement of 512MB of RAM or a low-performant slightly different looking version of the same FPS that probably requires 1500% more hardware resources... and you have to buy it again :pac:

The original didn't perform well because it pushed the boundaries of graphics far beyond most games have ever done and beyond the capabilities of available hardware.

It was at least 5 years ahead of it's time. The remaster looks worse in most cases and performs worse on hardware that is at least 20 times more powerful than it was at the originals release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

jonski wrote: »

tl:;dw

It's quiet at default fan curve (40dB) but can be forced to 52dB @ 100%

Advertisement