Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tazzzZ wrote: »
    Im not convenced im going to get my order tbh... i found it on the nvidia store as i said and i could add it on scan then. my m8 went direct to scan and it wasnt available there. he then went through the nvidia store which redirects and he could buy it. id imagine there may have been a delay in the nvidia store displaying out of stock. or ... and i hope this is the case... i just got lucky and got one!!!! fingers crossed... as soon as i get shipped notice i will cancel my order with ocuk...

Did you get a Check Availability box on the Nvidia site that redirected to Scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did you get a Check Availability box on the Nvidia site that redirected to Scan?

No... where it had said out of stock for weeks... it had the buy now option.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

Order Dispatched at 20:11, will be here on Wednesday.

Cheers for the heads up Squidgy Black!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

JoyPad wrote: »
    It's actually the first time I replace the GPU.
    I haven't had a gaming PC before this one. I was playing on PC prior to 2004, but wouldn't call those "gaming PCs".

Anyway, the error is back. Took a bit longer to appear, but it did.
    Any other things I can try?

Scan support guy said it's a known issue, and to wait for a newer Nvidia driver to address the issue.

I have the exact same card, running drivers 456.71, and haven't seen the issue.

It sounds like the Scan guy is referring to the first drivers release which did show some issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Back in stock on November 8th: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HR3Y5GQ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wJIuDTs.jpg

Have to use Parcel Motel or similar.

Edit: and it's gone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Back in stock on November 8th: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HR3Y5GQ/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

wJIuDTs.jpg

Have to use Parcel Motel or similar.

Edit: and it's gone...

Managed to get one. But it says delivery date pending, so not holding my breath. Edit: delivery date updated to 24-26th November, good sign so far...

Did yours get delivered in the end? Was there any additional import fees other than the deposit they took?

Managed to get one. But it says delivery date pending, so not holding my breath. Edit: delivery date updated to 24-26th November, good sign so far...

Did yours get delivered in the end? Was there any additional import fees other than the deposit they took?

Nah! Mine still says "Order received
    We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date." even tho it originally had an estimated delivery date.

I believe it was originally back in stock on October 22nd or 26th or so and dispatched to me then. So hopefully I should see an update very soon.

The one thing that's annoying me tho is some guy on HUKD placed an order like 10 days after me and he's got a dispatched notification with it leaving NYC today :confused:

They don't charge you any more than what you pay when you order apparently;

"If the actual Import Fees are less than the deposit amount collected by Amazon on your behalf, you'll automatically be refunded the difference to the payment method you used for the order. You'll receive a notification e-mail to confirm the amount of the refund. The refund process takes up to 180 days from the dispatch date.

For items sold by Amazon EU Sarl or Amazon Export Sales, LLC (Amazon US), you won't be charged any additional fees if the actual Import Fees exceed the Import Fees Deposit amount we estimated.
    "
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910710

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nah! Mine still says "Order received
    We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date." even tho it originally had an estimated delivery date.

I believe it was originally back in stock on October 22nd or 26th or so and dispatched to me then. So hopefully I should see an update very soon.

The one thing that's annoying me tho is some guy on HUKD placed an order like 10 days after me and he's got a dispatched notification with it leaving NYC today :confused:

Yeah it's a bit strange but sure look it's something I guess! Will probably still try and get an FE if they drop on scan again within the next couple weeks but it's just a relief to know there's something there that'll potentially be here in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Missed out because Amazon wouldn't ship to Ireland and I didn't have Parcel Motel set up. But it feels close this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They shouldn't be allow do that on amazon they might as well be on ebay that daylight robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

It actually saddens me that someone will pay that price. Why, I could never understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How much was it up for? Only looking through thread now. I wonder did they sell or was the ad taking down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭Homelander

Probably sold. It was a 3rd party seller through Amazon. Price was £1,300.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Homelander wrote: »
    Probably sold. It was a 3rd party seller through Amazon. Price was £1,300.
    That crazy who ever pay that price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

does anybody know for sure where on the nvidia website does it show to add to cart (when it actually populates)

Is it:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/buy/

or

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shop/geforce/gpu/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-gb&category=GPU&gpu=RTX%203080

BArra wrote: »
    does anybody know for sure where on the nvidia website does it show to add to cart (when it actually populates)

Is it:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/buy/

or

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shop/geforce/gpu/?page=1&limit=9&locale=en-gb&category=GPU&gpu=RTX%203080

Second one but it'll just redirect you to the Scan.co.uk website

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

Just arrived!!

heffo9 wrote: »
    Just arrived!!

FE from scan?

im raging atm... took the day off work so id be here... dpd have just left it sitting in their athlone depot.. great... no eta on when they are sending it out for delivery!

EDIT

Patients is a virtue! my 3090 is getting delivered this afternoon! XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The higher memory variants of the 3000 series are allegedly cancelled.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-20-gb-geforce-rtx-3070-16-gb-graphics-cards-cancelled-rumor/

heffo9 wrote: »
    Just arrived!!

btw im not sure if you tried messing with undervolting but i have just set mine up undervolted and it sits rock solid at 1950Mhz core +250 memory (20Ghz) @ 60 degrees and 931mV. In my case it actually feels a hell of a lot more stable... i can only assume because the values, core clock and mV, change very little now. thats also with fans at 56% which is completely fine for me.

Also anyone who plays esports with unlimited fps... there is coil whine. in my case i play csgo and its audible when i have the vol low. but i when im playing with normal vol i dont notice it at all.

All in all im delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Looking more and more likely I will be getting an AMD to tide me over....gonna be ready for launch day coz this 30 series aint happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

BloodBath wrote: »

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-20-gb-geforce-rtx-3070-16-gb-graphics-cards-cancelled-rumor/

*insert Salem Saberhagen NOOOOOOOOOOOO followed by uncontrollable sobbing here*

The 20gig was looking to be the perfect card for me, but now it's been yanked out of my dreams and now I either have to go back into the moshpit that is trying to get a standard 3080 or start to wait another year or two for the next card jump...

alot of rumours about 7nm refresh next year already. i wonder if they got their hands on what amd have to offer and are confident in their current cards...

distil.io is your only man if you want to get a FE model. set it up on the nvidia site monitoring the out of stock section.... thats what worked for me in the end. I imagine they will drop small amounts every wk or two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

tazzzZ wrote: »
    alot of rumours about 7nm refresh next year already. i wonder if they got their hands on what amd have to offer and are confident in their current cards...

distil.io is your only man if you want to get a FE model. set it up on the nvidia site monitoring the out of stock section.... thats what worked for me in the end. I imagine they will drop small amounts every wk or two

did you pay for distill to run via cloud?

the free version only lets you run it locally so if you dont have pc on 24/7 then no point?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I am not confident at all that anyone will get their hands on one of the new AMD gpu's if its anything close to the nvidia launch.

I know AMD released the guidelines to retailers yesterday but im sure most of those were already in place and were circumvented by scalpers

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

BloodBath wrote: »

I wonder did they manage to get a hold of Big Navi figures are realise they are safe performance wise.

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    did you pay for distill to run via cloud?

the free version only lets you run it locally so if you dont have pc on 24/7 then no point?

no i didnt pay. i have a laptop i just left on 24/7. eventually got the alert.

i wouldnt pay personally.. i think the cloud only refreshes very sporadically. I had mine set to refresh every 30 secs.

Advertisement