Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭Cordell

You are wrong. Nvidia uses a proprietary device for Gsync and Freesync/adaptive sync does not.
    Freesync needs hardware produced by AMD's specs, even if it's not a discrete module.
    I don't know where you got the idea the that G-sync was better that is a old saying people who forked out the extra on a Gsync monitor used to say but have you honestly ever heard any body who uses a Nvidia card complain that adaptive sync is no good.
    I'm using a Freesync monitor fwiw but there are some claiming there is some less input lag to be gained with G-sync - hence "arguably" in my post.
    But for my Freesync monitor there is a G-sync version with better specs, higher refresh rates, and generally G-sync monitors are high end monitors so this is why it may be perceived as a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

However you split the hairs on the implementation, the end result to the users is that you can't G-sync with an AMD or other 2nd party GPU yes?

If the Freesync monitor works with AMD and Nvidia and the G-Sync monitor only works with Nvidia, that's the bottom line...

It doesn't make sense to consider a G-sync monitor if you're not going to use it with a Nvidia card.
    If you want to keep your options open when you have a Nvidia card, go for the certified G-sync compatible (Freesync monitors tested and certified by Nvidia). Or rely on existing reviews and user reports on the ones not certified, because there are Freesync monitors that don't work well with G-sync.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

slade_x wrote: »
    that prompted me to check my email, didn't even know they were notifying buyers of their queue position

Screenshot-1.jpg
    image uploading

My queue position didn't seem that ridiculous at first. But just had my position updated and its now 60

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If I ordered a card now and got inside 100 I would do it.....but the thoughts of been in the hundreds just is not worth the hassle.

That will hopefully fly in now with China back up and running after "Golden Week".

• Advertisement

Can't wait to see how that waitlist changes on the 28th :pac:

Overheal wrote: »

Either way its a win win for peeps still looking for a GPU....;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Overheal wrote: »

Whats the significance of the 28th, I know the 3070 waitlist starts on the 29th a day before people might order their actual Navi's

slade_x wrote: »
    Whats the significance of the 28th, I know the 3070 waitlist starts on the 29th a day before people might order their actual Navi's

28th is the press release for Big Navi duh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Managed to get one. But it says delivery date pending, so not holding my breath. Edit: delivery date updated to 24-26th November, good sign so far...

Did yours get delivered in the end? Was there any additional import fees other than the deposit they took?

Finally! Some movement!

Dispatched from Baltimore today. Due to be delivered to Parcel Motel N.I hub on Tuesday! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Finally! Some movement!

Dispatched from Baltimore today. Due to be delivered to Parcel Motel N.I hub on Tuesday! :D

Deadly, extremely jealous! Really hoping mine ships earlier than expected, another month would kill me :D

Amazon scalping themselves!?

£2489 for a Palit 3090. Dispatched and sold by Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GamingPro-Ray-Tracing-Graphics-DisplayPort/dp/B08LHB7Z57/

Amazon scalping themselves!?

£2489 for a Palit 3090. Dispatched and sold by Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GamingPro-Ray-Tracing-Graphics-DisplayPort/dp/B08LHB7Z57/

Thats pure scummy if legit.....:mad:

Shows dispatched and sold by "Shake&Shop" for me

Shows dispatched and sold by "Shake&Shop" for me

If you see the other sellers part, "Sold by: Amazon"

and when added to basket

"Sold by:Amazon EU S.a.r.L."

Scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I'd be fairly certain that that's generated automatically based on some algorithm Amazon use. Probably no human involved at all.

Still looks bad for them. Although I've seen it happen the opposite way too. Some spurious seller putting up a fake low price to scam people out of money and the Amazon price for the same item drops to almost the same level based on some automatic algorithm they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Dont know if the amazon stock is sold out but its been updated to

Sold and dispatched by Shake&Shop.

tazzzZ wrote: »
    Dont know if the amazon stock is sold out but its been updated to

Sold and dispatched by Shake&Shop.

KT0bhPx.jpg?1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭jenneyk19

Nvidia Cancels RTX 3080 20GB and RTX 3070 16GB Graphics Cards

Nvidia was planning to release a 20GB RTX 3080 and a 16GB RTX 3070 in December in order to better compete with AMD's Navi 21 Radeon RX 6900/6800 cards, all of which include 16GB of memory.The existing RTX 3080 cards are proving hard to find due to very high demand and scalpers, as are pre-orders for the RTX 3070 launching next week. As WCCFTech points out, Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang has stated "demand will outstrip all of our supply through the year," meaning stock won't become readily available until 2021 at the earliest. Introducing two new cards would only make that situation worse and leave consumers frustrated.

Newly registered account, posting old articles that everyone's already read and discussed, posting in threads and not reading the actual post, jeez I wonder who that could be.....

• Advertisement

Did yours get delivered in the end? Was there any additional import fees other than the deposit they took?

It went through customs clearance in UK earlier today and I've already received a random refund from Amazon for £7.20 just now. Which I'm assuming is the overcalculated imports fee deposit, refund.

Impressively quick! :eek:

It went through customs clearance in UK earlier today and I've already received a random refund from Amazon for £7.20 just now. Which I'm assuming is the overcalculated imports fee deposit, refund.

Impressively quick! :eek:

Hope you get hours of smiles lad.....best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

If you see the other sellers part, "Sold by: Amazon"

and when added to basket

"Sold by:Amazon EU S.a.r.L."

Scumbags

It's likely an automatic thing, often when there is one item of anything left price seems to be sky-high

I didn't get there automatically, someone programmed this automatic scalping algorithm and someone else signed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,014 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Cordell wrote: »
    I didn't get there automatically, someone programmed this automatic scalping algorithm and someone else signed on it.

Okay, but it happens with pretty much all products on that site. One left? gets a high price from some Amazon seller, often absurd stuff, like a 5 quid item priced at hundreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

3070 press embargo lifts tomorow at 6am PST (2pm Irish time, 9am EST).

Lots of vidjos to look forward to.

Reviewers guide leaked here.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

If the PST and EST times are right then I'm pretty sure there's a daylight savings change mistake there and it's actually 1pm (about 20 minutes now) "Irish time" ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Looks like the card I actually need rather than the card I actually want!

Lets see if I can get one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I've everything ordered and on the way for my first new PC in 7 years. The only missing component is a 3070. How do I maximise my chances of ordering one in 2 days? Do we have a launch time yet?

Advertisement