Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden Riots

• 14-08-2018 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭

[font=arial, sans-serif]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45181321[/font]
    What appears to be gaining notoriety slowly but surely across the MSM, there were horrific riots across the city of Gothenberg last night resulting in over 80 cars burned. Indications are that the riots were well organised and carried out be youths. No injuries have been reported which is lucky. 

In addition, it is unclear what exactly was the cause of  this large scale act of vandalism. The immigration problems in Sweden are well documents (https://www.economist.com/europe/2017/06/08/immigration-is-changing-the-swedish-welfare-state) and, while immigration will undoubtedly be thrown up in discussion about these riots, I feel it is a distraction, as usual, from the real issue; the real issue being rich versus poor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

the real issue being rich versus poor.

Or the grateful and the ungrateful.

If the immigrants bite the hand that feeds them, they should be expelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

What scumbags these rioters are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Up to 100 cars attacked in coordinated attacks, and to think Sweden used to be the envy of Europe.

The Social Democrats (the bigger party in the current minority coalition), are on track for a poor election performance, according to opinion polls. Some analysts think it could be their worst election result since 1912.

From: https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2018/0814/984972-sweden-violence/
    As well as rising violence, voters are worried about a creaking welfare system, falling school results and the effects of a surge in immigration that saw around 160,000 people seek asylum in Sweden in 2015. The concerns have benefitted the populist, anti-immigration Sweden Democrats who could become the second-biggest party in parliament after September's vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

What appears to be gaining notoriety slowly but surely across the MSM, there were horrific riots across the city of Gothenberg last night resulting in over 80 cars burned. Indications are that the riots were well organised and carried out be youths. No injuries have been reported which is lucky. 

In addition, it is unclear what exactly was the cause of  this large scale act of vandalism. The immigration problems in Sweden are well documents (https://www.economist.com/europe/2017/06/08/immigration-is-changing-the-swedish-welfare-state) and, while immigration will undoubtedly be thrown up in discussion about these riots, I feel it is a distraction, as usual, from the real issue; the real issue being rich versus poor.

Plenty of poor people don't riot, most are too busy trying to survive or improve themselves.

It's just scumbags/tugs/thieves that riot and then blame the system/rich/etc!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Del2005 wrote: »
    Plenty of poor people don't riot, most are too busy trying to survive or improve themselves.

It's just scumbags/tugs/thieves that riot and then blame the system/rich/etc!

You've only to look at the London riots not long back.

Protestors protest - thieves and low life scum steal and burn down property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

Wait, what??? I was following you until that last part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

According to Andrew Neil on Twitter the right wing Sweden Democrats lead the polls in every age group. Election in a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Trump was right. Again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Or the grateful and the ungrateful.

If the immigrants bite the hand that feeds them, they should be expelled.

The Swedes have repeatedly voted for parties that implement policies that seek to avoid such expulsions, and instead seek to increase intake of outsiders who are not exactly in Sweden because they like snow or Christmas trees.

There will be many more fires and riots before change is enacted there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

According to Andrew Neil on Twitter the right wing Sweden Democrats lead the polls in every age group. Election in a month.

They'd be considered left wing in any other country.

Sweden just have far left and left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Jesus I'm just back yesterday after a week over there. We were lucky to get out alive to be honest. Hordes of immigrants roaming the streets raping and pillaging. I believe four out of every five Swedish person is being murdered. Tis worserer than a war zone I tells ya! Am I doing this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

You've only to look at the London riots not long back.

Protestors protest - thieves and low life scum steal and burn down property.

The poster boy....

I mean...it's Tesco ****ing brand too!
    Not even the gourmet ****.

article-0-0D5C421400000578-88_634x663.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

..... while immigration will undoubtedly be thrown up in discussion about these riots, I feel it is a distraction, as usual, from the real issue; the real issue being rich versus poor.

not really , every society will tend to have some kind of relative poor and in sweden they are probably more generous than most other places on the planet. its clearly the result of an ill thought out immigration policy

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Jesus I'm just back yesterday after a week over there. We were lucky to get out alive to be honest. Hordes of immigrants roaming the streets raping and pillaging. I believe four out of every five Swedish person is being murdered. Tis worserer than a war zone I tells ya! Am I doing this right?

I salute your bravery, and hope you will be able to come to terms with the fact they ate your leg soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

nothing to see here

Been hearing some stuff 2nd and 3rd hand and the mood doesn't seem to be in favour of more of the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Odhinn wrote: »
    I salute your bravery, and hope you will be able to come to terms with the fact they ate your leg soon.

But it'll grow back, won't it?

But it'll grow back, won't it?

No, no it won't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

Do you find humour in the increase in gang rapes, lone wolf terrorism and general criminality in Sweden and the likes of Germany?

Do the people who thanked the post find it funny?

Would it be funnier if it happened at such an increased rate here?

Actually, maybe I don't want to know the answer to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Only 80? That's a good night so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Please tell me no Lidls were damaged in this "riot". I don't think I could cope with another one being harmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

dav3 wrote: »
    Please tell me no Lidls were damaged in this "riot". I don't think I could cope with another one being harmed.

Its okay, spare parts can be found in Ikea next door.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Jesus christ this thread is a ****ing toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Jesus christ this thread is a ****ing toilet

To be expected whilst discussing a sh1thole country.

If anything the masked rioters on their school holidays have helped the Swedish Democrats (yellow line on chart) to an early election victory, over the SSDP on 9th Sept.

VynQXmk.png

Sweden’s prime minister has promised to “go in hard” against masked men who set alight up to 80 cars in Gothenburg and other towns on Sweden’s west coast, in what police say appeared to be coordinated attacks. - Ooh Matron!

You both think you're so witty.

Joke to this lady eh ?

He might find this more entertaining given that crime in Sweden is a laughing matter to him.

https://www.rt.com/news/414608-malmo-gang-rape-police/

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201805081064240083-sweden-rape-migrants/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Aren't you all just looking forward to all this cultural enrichment coming to Ireland?

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Aren't you all just looking forward to all this cultural enrichment coming to Ireland?

Ah sure it'll never happen - the Guards here said that these lads were no threat.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/suspected-refugees-found-in-lorry-in-co-laois-1.3584920

Without knowing who they were, where they were from - anything.

So, sure we'll be grand. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    He might find this more entertaining given that crime in Sweden is a laughing matter to him.

https://www.rt.com/news/414608-malmo-gang-rape-police/

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201805081064240083-sweden-rape-migrants/

Expect deflection and links about native Swedes assaulting women.

As if having an existing problem is improved by bringing in more.

Ah sure it'll never happen - the Guards here said that these lads were no threat.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/suspected-refugees-found-in-lorry-in-co-laois-1.3584920

Without knowing who they were, where they were from - anything.

So, sure we'll be grand. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

God bless the Gardai, They make the NYPD look like the pussy hat brigade. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I feel it is a distraction, as usual, from the real issue; the real issue being rich versus poor.
    I don't understand why people keep spouting this.

Sweden always had poor communities - but only got "poor" riots in the last 20 years, coinciding with major immigration and upbringing of a disenfranchised generation of immigrant/Swedish youths.

Sweden has a massive immigration from Balkan (former Yugoslavia) and from Korea, but you don't see these kids burning cars..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yep

With this and abortion being legalised it won't be long til there's no white people left in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Do you find humour in the increase in gang rapes, lone wolf terrorism and general criminality in Sweden and the likes of Germany?

Joke to this lady eh ?

I don't believe that the jokes were made at the expense of the victims of crime in Sweden, rather they were aimed squarely at the apocalypse now brigade.
    I find your mock solemnity amusing, so yes I think the jokes were funny and obviously hit home, therefore I'll press the thanks button when I'm done typing this thing.:)

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Yep

With this and abortion being legalised it won't be long til there's no white people left in Ireland

The problem for people who cheer it on is that that're signing their death certs too. Who'll give money food to 3rd World Countries then, If our countries turn into Islamic states then who will give to Israel.

• Advertisement

Clearly the point of my post was completely lost on you. There are people on here who would have us believe that Swedish women can't leave their homes without being raped. It's simply not true.

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    To be expected whilst discussing a sh1thole country.

You've never been to Sweden have you? What makes it a ****hole country? Give examples please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Who'll give money food to 3rd World Countries then

Oh we Irish'll be giving to the very end right up until the tip of Carrauntoohill is washed over with Atlantic surf.

We already give to countries with jet fighters: €0.6 or 0.7 billion of money gathered from Irish businesses and workers.

But our politicos get to appear virtuous and that is what matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Is there any reason to believe that these car burnings were carried out by immigrants?

Cui bono?

Joke to this lady eh ?

Swedish cannibals did the 7/7 bombings?

• Advertisement

Anthracite wrote: »
    Is there any reason to believe that these car burnings were carried out by immigrants?

Cui bono?

Because some people WANT it to have been immigrants? I'd say it's more likely right wing groups trying to drum up anti immigrant hostility coming up to an election.

Stockholm goes from the 6th best (2012) to the 32nd (2018) most liveable city in the world all within 6yrs.
    According to the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) global "livability" ranking.
    Lucky they didn't evaluate Gothenburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Brilliant, such cutting edge sarcasm there!
    well done hilarious, your humour has negated any negative sentiment regarding migrants completely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

It must have been all the doctors and engineers that have recently arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Seem footage on YouTube of some of young lads doing it. Some look very young.

Feel sorry for innocent people who of course suffer as usual

Stockholm goes from the 6th best (2012) to the 32nd (2018) most liveable city in the world all within 6yrs.
    According to the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) global "livability" ranking.
    Lucky they didn't evaluate Gothenburg.

But it's still rated better than Dublin. So does that mean that we are even worse off than Sweden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

biko wrote: »
    I feel it is a distraction, as usual, from the real issue; the real issue being rich versus poor.
    I don't understand why people keep spouting this.

Sweden always had poor communities - but only got "poor" riots in the last 20 years, coinciding with major immigration and upbringing of a disenfranchised generation of immigrant/Swedish youths.

Sweden has a massive immigration from Balkan (former Yugoslavia) and from Korea, but you don't see these kids burning cars..
    I understand this but the increase in inequality globally has spiralled in this time period. People across the globe are rightly angrier and more desperate, certainly they can be better mobilised. We live in societies where single individuals can amass tens and hundreds of millions and even billions all to themselves. This is riot-inducing to say the least, I'm just surprised it is not more common.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

I was only there 10 years ago myself, feel so lucky right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Why is everyone proceeding with the assumption that this was some sort of crazy act by immigrant youths?

Maybe it was. But is there anything else going on in Sweden whereby someone would have a logical incentive to organise something like this? Is anyone else suspicious as to why those people are so well covered up? Does it look like a spontaneous riot?

Perhaps folks should hold their fire on this a little while.

Clearly the point of my post was completely lost on you. There are people on here who would have us believe that Swedish women can't leave their homes without being raped. It's simply not true.

Not raped, maybe, but there are areas in Sweden where women feel they cannot walk around without being harassed.

Similar documented areas in Germany, England, France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZFGpNdH1A

The sheer length of this page link. Maybe Ruth Coppinger will organise a demo at the German embassy, sure she hates sex offenders. Well, acquitted defendants who happen to come from a social class she finds abhorrent anyway. Maybe not so much these lads:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/12066/germany-rape-crisis

• Advertisement
Advertisement