Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden Riots

18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So the views of one person now counts as a 'hotbed', does it?

What particular group are you referring to here? If it is 'Muslims', do you take the same cautious view about 'Christians' given there links to extremism and violence in places like the southern USA?

Would you care to share details of the 'security sources' and 'new figures', just in the interests of openness and transparency?

Never mind - found it - the 18 month old story of 'new figures' with no details of what those figures actually are - just the usual rumour and innuendo sh1t-stirring.

There were guys from another Dublin mosque handing out leaflets for the “March for Peace” in Dublin. One of them got the absolute shyte beat out of him for giving them out. That other moderate imam, who organised the march for peace has also spoken out at the extremist views preached at the Clonskeagh Mosque. But you just keep the emu act up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

There are far more people killed by criminals in Ireland (all devout Christians, judging by the funeral pictures) than by Muslim terrorists. If you want to go back a few years, there are far far more people killed in religious wars in Ireland than have been killed by Muslim terrorists in Europe.

Ah, this oul chestnut again, equating drug dealers shooting each other to guys in trucks mowing down people or suicide bombers blowing up kids at an Arianna grande concert.

Yeah sure, if you go back far enough the crusaders and the vikings, Cromwell etc.

More Muslim migrants please so leo, send the navy to the med to fill up. Let's do exactly as Sweden did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

There were guys from another Dublin mosque handing out leaflets for the “March for Peace” in Dublin. One of them got the absolute shyte beat out of him for giving them out. That other moderate imam, who organised the march for peace has also spoken out at the extremist views preached at the Clonskeagh Mosque. But you just keep the emu act up.

If one person getting the absolute shyte beaten out of them is now a sign of a terrorist hotbed, then there are an awful lot of terrorist hotbeds in Ireland every Friday and Saturday night, when the pubs close.

I don't suppose there is any change that you'd have any reputable source for your claims though?

enricoh wrote: »

Ah, this oul chestnut again, equating drug dealers shooting each other to guys in trucks mowing down people or suicide bombers blowing up kids at an Arianna grande concert.

Yeah sure, if you go back far enough the crusaders and the vikings, Cromwell etc.
    You picked me up wrong. I wasn't equating the two scenarios. They are nowhere near equal.

The number of people killed by drug dealers shooting each other up in Ireland is vastly higher than the number of people killed by Muslim terrorists (which is at something like zero).

And I wasn't talking about the crusaders and Cromwell - I was talking about in my lifetime, when Catholics and Protestants would blow each other up in Northern Ireland and occasionally down south or in the UK with alarming regularity. Do we consider anyone associated with Catholics or Protestants as suspect? Should we be blocking all immigration of Catholics or Protestants given their track record for terrorism?

If one person getting the absolute shyte beaten out of them is now a sign of a terrorist hotbed, then there are an awful lot of terrorist hotbeds in Ireland every Friday and Saturday night, when the pubs close.

I don't suppose there is any change that you'd have any reputable source for your claims though?

http://www.thejournal.ie/umar-al-qadri-teaching-2430709-Nov2015/

Thanks for the link. I don't see any mention of Clonskeagh in that article?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

who on a friday and saturday night is getting the **** beat out of them for organising a peace rally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

"AndrewJRenko;108277672"]You picked me up wrong. I wasn't equating the two scenarios. They are nowhere near equal.

The number of people killed by drug dealers shooting each other up in Ireland is vastly higher than the number of people killed by Muslim terrorists (which is at something like zero).

And I wasn't talking about the crusaders and Cromwell - I was talking about in my lifetime, when Catholics and Protestants would blow each other up in Northern Ireland and occasionally down south or in the UK with alarming regularity. Do we consider anyone associated with Catholics or Protestants as suspect? Should we be blocking all immigration of Catholics or Protestants given their track record for terrorism?
    ^^^
    So because we have had trouble here already, we should import more trouble?
    Thread is about riots in Sweden, they took in a hape of Muslim refugees/migrants. To give them a better life, at huge expense.
    The way the hosts have been repaid is alarming imo.
    Anyway their country they can let in who they want. Only thing is Irelands politicians are tripping over themselves to do the exact same. Eh, thanks but no thanks

Thanks for the link. I don't see any mention of Clonskeagh in that article?

The Imam quoted in the article has mentioned Clonskeagh in the past. Perhaps read up on him. He’s a moderate imam who wants integration by his flock. Unlike the Clonskeagh one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Got to love the enablers here. Christians flew planes into the Towers on 9/11? Is it Christians that killing gays for being gay by burning them alive or tossing them off buildings? Are Christians invading Countries under the guise of refugees and committing mass rapes, driving trucks onto the streets to mow down pedestrians or throwing acid on people's faces?

And you're probably one of the first to complain about whataboutery.

Dear o dear. Thats worse than your notions about white genocide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I saw last week an imam doing a sort of speech on O'Connell St. Was a weird sight, a few guards, lots of burkas and stern looking lads, surrounding by some kind of cordon, maybe 30-40 people. Most people walked past bemused. Not good, but I mean seems easy for the guards to then see who is radicalized.

Clonskeagh looks to me well run, more of a keep to themselves buzz.

scopper wrote: »
    I saw last week an imam doing a sort of speech on O'Connell St. Was a weird sight, a few guards, lots of burkas and stern looking lads, surrounding by some kind of cordon, maybe 30-40 people. Most people walked past bemused. Not good, but I mean seems easy for the guards to then see who is radicalized.

Why the **** did we have to allow that absolute shyte to come over here?

scopper wrote: »

I dunno about the 'keep to themselves'. I keep seeing invites from them to the whole community to come in and join them for various events.

thebull85 wrote: »
    who on a friday and saturday night is getting the **** beat out of them for organising a peace rally?
    Friend of mine got the shyte beaten out of him in Temple Bar years ago for trying to bring peace to a bloke who was reefing his GF around the place. She reacted first scratching my mates face, and when he pushed her away, the boyfriend waded in. There was a Court case a year or two later.

enricoh wrote: »
    "AndrewJRenko;108277672"]
    So because we have had trouble here already, we should import more trouble?
    Thread is about riots in Sweden, they took in a hape of Muslim refugees/migrants. To give them a better life, at huge expense.
    The way the hosts have been repaid is alarming imo.
    Anyway their country they can let in who they want. Only thing is Irelands politicians are tripping over themselves to do the exact same. Eh, thanks but no thanks
    So should we stop ALL Muslims from entering here, or just the ones from outside the EU? Is this a really important initiative, important enough to put our EU membership on the line for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Odhinn wrote: »
    Dear o dear. Thats worse than your notions about white genocide.

LOL. No. You're denial of facts and reality is worse.

Friend of mine got the shyte beaten out of him in Temple Bar years ago for trying to bring peace to a bloke who was reefing his GF around the place. She reacted first scratching my mates face, and when he pushed her away, the boyfriend waded in. There was a Court case a year or two later.

Oganising a peace rally and sticking your nose into a domestic are not the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

I

So should we stop ALL Muslims from entering here, or just the ones from outside the EU? Is this a really important initiative, important enough to put our EU membership on the line for?

Yes

emo72 wrote: »
    Yes
    So Irexit is what you're looking for then, right?

Should we start stockpiling the food and medication how?

Advertisement