Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden Riots

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Anthracite wrote: »
    Is there any reason to believe that these car burnings were carried out by immigrants?

Cui bono?

The footage is online. Let's just say they're the not the Blonde Hair Blue Eyed type or members of the Swedish Bikini Team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Mike Hoch wrote: »
    Not raped, maybe, but there are areas in Sweden where women feel they cannot walk around without being harassed.

Similar documented areas in Germany, England, France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZFGpNdH1A

The sheer length of this page link. Maybe Ruth Coppinger will organise a demo at the German embassy, sure she hates sex offenders. Well, acquitted defendants who happen to come from a social class she finds abhorrent anyway. Maybe not so much these lads:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/12066/germany-rape-crisis

Jesus Christ, that page is terrifying. And posters are JOKING ??
    On February 18, a 33-year-old woman was raped while visiting a cemetery in Bochum. The attacker ambushed the woman from behind and hit her on the head with a rock, rendering her unconscious. He then repeatedly raped her. Bochum police kept silent about the rape until pressed by Rheinische Post, a local newspaper. It subsequently emerged that the rapist is a convicted sex offender who had attended a "rehabilitation" program and was then released from custody.

Authorities in North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) apparently suppressed information about the rape to prevent public concern over the recidivism of convicted sex offenders. The police cover-up sparked public outrage. "The public, in my view, has a right to know that convicted sex offenders pose a real danger when they are back out," said a senior detective. "When something as horrible as Bochum happens, it has to be called by name, without any ifs or buts. When such important information is withheld from the public, people think everything is fine and that of course participants will not relapse." A police spokesperson said the media blackout was meant to protect the victim: "We know from psychologists that this is often very stressful for the victims." After a backlash, Bochum police admitted to making a "mistake."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I understand this but the increase in inequality globally has spiralled in this time period. People across the globe are rightly angrier and more desperate, certainly they can be better mobilised. We live in societies where single individuals can amass tens and hundreds of millions and even billions all to themselves. This is riot-inducing to say the least, I'm just surprised it is not more common.

I think you are wrong in that people are poorer now.
    Only a 150 years ago Irish people and Swedish people left for USA because everyone was starving to death.
    No-one in Sweden starves to death now, except OAPs with no pension.

The immigrants taken in by Sweden have it much better than they did back at home (where they claim to have fled from).
    Tbh, I am a bit baffled as to why they riot at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Urban violence generally peaks during hot summer weather.
    People are more likely to congregate outdoors at night. Teenagers are out of school. Tempers may shorten in the heat.

In the US this violence is murders, with occasional rioting. In Northern Ireland, and periodically the mainland UK as well as the rest of Europe, it's rioting.

Sweden has been enduring an unprecedented heatwave.
    Due to an inordinately generous immigration policy (which seems to have been based on the best intentions) it seems to have obtained a sizable population of disaffected youths liable to kick off in hot summer weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

We are so lucky that Irish men never rape anyone. The hysteria just undermines any valid argument you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Urban violence generally peaks during hot summer weather.
    People are more likely to congregate outdoors at night. Teenagers are out of school. Tempers may shorten in the heat.

In the US this violence is murders, with occasional rioting. In Northern Ireland, and periodically the mainland UK as well as the rest of Europe, it's rioting.

Sweden has been enduring an unprecedented heatwave.
    Due to an extremely generous immigration policy (which seems to have been based on the best intentions) it seems to have obtained a sizable population of disaffected youths liable to kick off in hot summer weather.

Ireland just had an unprecedented heatwave but we didn't riot. Stop making bull**** excuses to condone bad behavior.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Ireland just had an unprecedented heatwave but we didn't riot. Stop making bull**** excuses to condone bad behavior.

Northern Ireland experienced worse rioting than usual this July.
    In general in the ROI we lack a critical mass of people predisposed to such violence, but places that have this critical mass kick off when it's hot.

When did I condone anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

In general in the ROI we lack a critical mass of people predisposed to such violence, but places that have this critical mass kick off when it's hot.

We see things like this at times when emergency services are dispatched to certain parts of Dublin. Stone-throwing and general scumbaggery, some people just want to watch the world burn.

The devil makes work for idle hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Pffffft

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/derry-violence-petrol-bombs-riots-police-northern-ireland-a8445581.html
    Derry violence: 74 petrol bombs thrown in worst night of disorder for years Children as young as eight amid more than 200 rioters in sixth successive evening of trouble

The Swedes are amateurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Odhinn

biko wrote: »
    I don't understand why people keep spouting this.

Sweden always had poor communities - but only got "poor" riots in the last 20 years, coinciding with major immigration and upbringing of a disenfranchised generation of immigrant/Swedish youths.

Sweden has a massive immigration from Balkan (former Yugoslavia) and from Korea, but you don't see these kids burning cars..

You realise that most of the shootings and grenade attacks that happen in sweden are from that very community?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

We are so lucky that Irish men never rape anyone.

Who has ever made such a ludicrous claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

When did I condone anything?

Fck Northern Ireland. We don't want anything to do with them.

They can go take a running jump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

The footage is online. Let's just say they're the not the Blonde Hair Blue Eyed type or members of the Swedish Bikini Team.

I saw the footage. This is what I see.

riots.png

What colour eyes do you see here? Does this really look like a spontaneous riot to you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭Mike Hoch

We are so lucky that Irish men never rape anyone. The hysteria just undermines any valid argument you have.

When was the last time over 1000 Irish men took part in a mass sexual assault?

How many sexual assaults do Irish men commit yearly that are serious enough to warrant news coverage or a custodial sentence?

There are 400 to 500 inmates in the Irish prison system at any one time who have been convicted of sex offences. If we assume the average one serves 5 years (some serve two years, some serve 12, so we shall say five) and imagine maybe 350 of these men are incarcerated for sex offences against females (which seem to be more common), the 1.8 million males in Ireland who can be held in an adult prison have 350 jailed sex offenders among their ranks. Circa 70 men per year being jailed for the offence.

The link I provided details 142 serious offences committed during January, Feb and March of 2018.

Three months. With over 142 offenders (some crimes involved more than one man).

In three months the amount of men arrested for serious sexual offences would be enough to increase the population of sex offenders in Irish prisons by more than 50 percent. Most of the men listed appear to have arrived with the migrant crisis, since 2015, and thus their numbers would be much less than the 1.8 million men in Ireland eligible for adult incarceration.

Three years into the migrant crisis. Three months. 142 offences carried out by way more than 142 offenders from a male population probably less than half that of the Irish male population, which contributes 70 men per year to the system. The word Afghan appears 25 times alone in the article.

Your maths are bad and you should feel bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Odhinn wrote: »
    You realise that most of the shootings and grenade attacks that happen in sweden are from that very community?
    Yes, it's known this community is heavily involved in serious organised crime but they don't riot and burn cars, which is the topic at hand.

How many sexual assaults do Irish men commit yearly that are serious enough to warrant news coverage or a custodial sentence?

There are 400 to 500 inmates in the Irish prison system at any one time who have been convicted of sex offences. If we assume the average one serves 5 years (some serve two years, some serve 12, so we shall say five) and imagine maybe 350 of these men are incarcerated for sex offences against females (which  seem to be more common), the 1.8 million males in Ireland who can be held in an adult prison have 350 jailed sex offenders among their ranks. Circa 70 men per year being jailed for the offence.

The link I provided details 142 serious offences committed during January, Feb and March of 2018.

Three months. With over 142 offenders (some crimes involved more than one man).

In three months the amount of men arrested for serious sexual offences would be enough to increase the population of sex offenders in Irish prisons by more than 50 percent. Most of the men listed appear to have arrived with the migrant crisis, since 2015, and thus their numbers would be much less than the 1.8 million men in Ireland eligible for adult incarceration.

Three years into the migrant crisis. Three months. 142 offences carried out by way more than 142 offenders from a male population probably less than half that of the Irish male population, which contributes 70 men per year to the system. The word Afghan appears 25 times alone in the article.  

Your maths are bad and you should feel bad.
    Yeah I feel dreadful and you really have no idea of my maths skills. So calm down.
    Again, the legitimate concerns that people feel about immigration and normal argument on the subject is completely blinded by hysteria on one side and denial on the other. The hysteria drowns out any valid argument. It was mentioned on the thread earlier that we soon will have no white people here.  That women are afraid to go out.
    Seriously, calm down everyone. You are getting hysterical as the side you accuse of being snowflakes.

We see things like this at times when emergency services are dispatched to certain parts of Dublin. Stone-throwing and general scumbaggery, some people just want to watch the world burn.

The devil makes work for idle hands.

Idle hands, and a sub-culture that condones or encourages such behaviour.

In Ireland such a sub-culture is restricted to fringe elements, scumbags basically.
    In NI it is not, due to a violent history that includes severe state repression against Catholics.
    In parts of Europe it is not, due to large immigrant communities that have not adequately integrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_sexual_abuse_scandal_in_Ireland

Odhinn wrote: »
    Yes, it's known this community is heavily involved in serious organised crime but they don't riot and burn cars, which is the topic at hand.
    So organised crime is ok but rioting is bad because?

• Advertisement

Completely and utterly desperate.

So what is your point exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Maybe Ruth Coppinger will organise a demo at the German embassy, sure she hates sex offenders. Well, acquitted defendants who happen to come from a social class she finds abhorrent anyway. Maybe not so much these lads:
    Maybe you should organise the demo yourself Mike, instead of sneering at others? Given how strongly you feel about the issue, surely you could mobilise a couple of thousand people to highlight this?

vangoz wrote: »
    So what is your point exactly?

These were offences carried out by, mostly, individual priests on the same repeated mostly male victims who were known to them, usually in a private setting, over a period of declining regularity towards the 90s. It has absolutely no similarity to what happened in Cologne on one single night and what continues to happen across Germany daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The problem for people who cheer it on is that that're signing their death certs too. Who'll give money food to 3rd World Countries then, If our countries turn into Islamic states then who will give to Israel.

israel is a wealthy country. so nobody should be giving it anything.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Maybe you should organise the demo yourself Mike, instead of sneering at others? Given how strongly you feel about the issue, surely you could mobilise a couple of thousand people to highlight this?

I don't claim a sizeable salary and expenses on the back of convincing a good chunk of the population of North West Dublin that I am an activist for women's rights and the rights of tenants/ house buyers/ workers/ the homeless.

Ruth is neither of these things either, but she's better at pretending she is than I am.

absolutely no similarity

This guy.

I think people committing sexual assaults regardless of the context have similarity my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭gw80

O. That's ok then. I suppose we can get back the muslim bashing business at hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I don't claim a sizeable salary and expenses on the back of convincing a good chunk of the population of North West Dublin that I am an activist for women's rights and the rights of tenants/ house buyers/ workers/ the homeless.

Ruth is neither of these things either, but she's better at pretending she is than I am.
    I'm no fan of hers, as it happens, but that's democracy. Why don't you stand yourself on this platform of fear and hatred and see how many votes you get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

It was mentioned on the thread earlier that we soon will have no white people here.

that specific post was tongue and cheek tbh. poster was taking the mick out of the usual hysterical posters.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

gw80 wrote: »
    They're not Swedes.

How do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Because some people WANT it to have been immigrants? I'd say it's more likely right wing groups trying to drum up anti immigrant hostility coming up to an election.

I can't believe people can be this fúcking naive. Then you have the other brigade making light of the situation to deal with their cognitive dissonance.

Sad shíte altogether.

How do you know?

Just a hunch.
    The Swedes wouldn't be known for their rioting.
    Or even protesting for that matter,
    Maybe it's the French, they do like a good protest.
    Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is the Swedes, and they have finally grown a pair, in that case I say,riot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

2 Scoops wrote: »
    I can't believe people can be this fúcking naive. Then you have the other brigade making light of the situation to deal with their cognitive dissonance.

Sad shíte altogether.
    So you know who these people are do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

You've never been to Sweden have you? What makes it a ****hole country? Give examples please

Drink costs a fortune and off licences are state run. They are a pretty boring lot in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

sugarman wrote: »
    Not sure if youre being sarcastic, but they are definitely known for rioting for the better part of the last decade.

since the majority of mass migration into Sweden from the east you mean then ?

just to clarify like

Not sure if youre being sarcastic, but they are definitely known for rioting for the better part of the last decade.
    I was not really being sarcastic, but I did not know the Swedes were known for their rioting so I am willing to stand corrected if you could direct me to some videos or pics of some tall, blond, blue eyed rioters in action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

The difference is if an Irish man rapes someone, it's plastered all over the papers and news. No one tries to cover it up. Not since the Catholic Church lost control anyway.

In the UK thousands of young girls were made sex slaves, to the extent some were branded as property of Muslim grooming gangs. No one did anything for fear of being thought racist.

• Advertisement

Just a hunch.
    The Swedes wouldn't be known for their rioting.
    Or even protesting for that matter,
    Maybe it's the French, they do like a good protest.
    Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is the Swedes, and they have finally grown a pair, in that case I say,riot on.

The Norwegians aren't known for their civilian massacres either, but Anders Brevik carried one out for political purposes.

professore wrote: »
    Drink costs a fortune and off licences are state run. They are a pretty boring lot in fairness.

An amazing insight.

So you know who these people are do you?

If Sweden would release crime statistics detailing ethnicity we wouldn't have a problem, would we?

Immigrants have repeatably rioted in the same manner in the recent past, a search shows up nothing for "ring wing riots". Yet you write this
    I'd say it's more likely right wing groups trying to drum up anti immigrant hostility

I stand by what I said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/21/europe/sweden-stockholm-riots/index.html

2017 "Stockholm, Sweden (CNN)Riots broke out in a predominantly immigrant neighborhood of Stockholm Monday night, as residents clashed with police officers and set vehicles on fire, Swedish police say"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_riots_in_Sweden

"On 15 May 2016, unrest occurred simultaneously in the Swedish towns of Norrköping and Borlänge, primarily in Million Programme public housing-areas, with stone-throwing against police and firefighters, car fires and arson attacks.[1][2] The unrest took place across Sweden since late March.[3] Public transportation was temporarily suspended in several areas due to stone-throwing against trams and buses. These incidents were mainly perpetrated by youths; researchers blamed social segregation and failed integration by immigrants for the situation. These incidents were considered particularly notable as they represented the spread of unrest to outside the three major urban areas of Sweden."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Rinkeby_riots

On 20 February 2017, rioting broke out in Rinkeby, a predominantly immigrant-populated suburb of the Swedish capital Stockholm.
    Rinkeby was previously the site of riots in 2010 and 2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2013_Stockholm_riots

On 19 May 2013, violent disturbances broke out in Husby, a suburb dominated by immigrants and second-generation immigrant residents, including a substantial number from Somalia, Eritrea, Afghanistan and Iraq,[7] in northern Stockholm, Sweden.[

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/05/sweden-riots-explained/314899/

"For the fifth straight night, rioters have broken windows and set fire to cars in neighborhoods around Stockholm, Sweden. The violence is drawing renewed attention to the interplay of immigration, economics, and government in Europe."

The Norwegians aren't known for their civilian massacres either, but Anders Brevik carried one out for political purposes.
    Did you just tar all the Norwegians with the same brush?
    Has Anders been carrying this attack out regularly for the past ten years?

Apple's and oranges.

Did you just tar all the Norwegians with the same brush?
    Has Anders been carrying this attack out regularly for the past ten years?

Apple's and oranges.

Why does 'apples' get an apostrophe, but 'oranges' doesn't?

My point is simple: we don't know who carried out the attacks on cars in Sweden overnight.

It may have been immigrant gangs, or it might have been organised by right-wing extremists leading up to the election to try to get the Swedish anti-immigrant party into power.

I'll reserve judgement until we learn more.

So I just texted a friend of mine over there about this hysterical thread. He said "this is a "trend" the last few years when school is about to start. A bit ****ed up but not the collapse of society as some muppets say".
    But then, what would he know right? He's just nieve and afraid to say it like it is.

• Advertisement

It may have been immigrant gangs, or it might have been organised by right-wing extremists leading up to the election to try to get the Swedish anti-immigrant party into power.

Don't discount the Russians either.

So I just texted a friend of mine over there about this hysterical thread. He said "this is a "trend" the last few years when school is about to start. A bit ****ed up but not the collapse of society as some muppets say".
    But then, what would he know right? He's just nieve and afraid to say it like it is.

He was probably being held at machete point while he typed it.

Why does 'apples' get an apostrophe, but 'oranges' doesn't?

My point is simple: we don't know who carried out the attacks on cars in Sweden overnight.

It may have been immigrant gangs, or it might have been organised by right-wing extremists leading up to the election to try to get the Swedish anti-immigrant party into
    I'll reserve judgement until we learn more.
    I will dish out apostrophes were and when I lik'e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Have a google yourself. I was there during the 2013 riot, there was plenty from both sides doing their fair share of rioting.

Any proof of this claim? Google isn't helping:

"On 19 May 2013, violent disturbances broke out in Husby, a suburb dominated by immigrants and second-generation immigrant residents, including a substantial number from Somalia, Eritrea, Afghanistan and Iraq, in northern Stockholm, Sweden. The riots were reportedly in response to the shooting to death by police of an elderly man, reportedly a Portuguese expatriate, armed with a puukko knife, after entering his apartment and then allegedly trying to cover up the man's death."

More or less.. but its not all Johnny Foreigner.

The trouble always arises in rough disadvantaged areas which contain a large number of migrants, but also a large number of Swedes that are less off.

Have a google yourself. I was there during the 2013 riot, there was plenty from both sides doing their fair share of rioting.

Hang on, so we are gone from 10 years of rioting to THE RIOT in 2013.

• Advertisement
Advertisement