Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden Riots

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

professore wrote: »
    Drink costs a fortune and off licences are state run. They are a pretty boring lot in fairness.

Just so we are clear, Sweden is a ****hole because drink costs a fortune? And the people are boring? No they probably just couldn't compete with your legendary "mad bastard" mentality. You were just too much for them to handle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So organised crime is ok but rioting is bad because?
    Odhinn wrote: »
    O. That's ok then. I suppose we can get back the muslim bashing business at hand.
    As I said, the topic at hand in this thread is the car burnings, not general "immigrants are bad because.. stuff".
    Feel free to start threads on organised crime in Sweden if you like :)

There has a few instances in Sweden in the last few years of grenade attacks and unexploded grenades being found in the street. Biker gangs being involved mostly. So are we to infer from this thread that when the End Times come for Sweden it will just be the biker gangs and the Mooselims left slugging it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Don't discount the Russians either.

Don't worry, the Swedish government said they were going to tackle Russia with a feminist foreign policy.

Whatever the jaysus that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Don't discount the Russians either.

Don't worry, the Swedish government said they were going to tackle Russia with a feminist foreign policy.

C.f. The Worm That Turned from The Two Ronnies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

There has a few instances in Sweden in the last few years of grenade attacks and unexploded grenades being found in the street. Biker gangs being involved mostly.

Seemingly making it up as you go along to suit your viewpoint.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/14/swedish-pm-asks-arsonists-what-the-heck-are-you-doing-setting-fire-to-cars

"Sweden goes to the polls on 9 September with violent crime high on the political agenda after a spate of shootings and grenade attacks, largely in deprived areas with large concentrations of immigrants. Opposition leaders have accused the ruling centre-left coalition of allowing “no-go zones” to emerge where emergency services fear to tread."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I can't believe people can be this fúcking naive. Then you have the other brigade making light of the situation to deal with their cognitive dissonance.

Sad shíte altogether.

The best solution to this would be for you to post some factual evidence of who actually carried out the riot. Any time you're ready....
    gw80 wrote: »
    I was not really being sarcastic, but I did not know the Swedes were known for their rioting so I am willing to stand corrected if you could direct me to some videos or pics of some tall, blond, blue eyed rioters in action.

Ah, so you don't actually know anything about who carried out this riot. Thanks for clarifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

The best solution to this would be for you to post some factual evidence of who actually carried out the riot. Any time you're ready....

There is factual evidence of dozens of identical riots in recent years in Sweden and not one has been linked to "far-right" groups only immigrants.

Tell me, if your dog bit you on the arse everyday for a month, would you run outside and blame the cat? If you did you'd have some serious cognitive problems, and it's no different here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

According to Andrew Neil on Twitter the right wing Sweden Democrats lead the polls in every age group. Election in a month.

After today, it might be a very good idea to throw a bet down on the Swedish Democrats, stock market or paddypower. Combine with the social desirability bias, and things could go completely nuts here.

Having said that, I don't know much about Sweden, apart from the fact that their country is fùcked right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Were all ****ed, we in the west have become decadent. Only Putin can save us now! :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

Jesus I'm just back yesterday after a week over there. We were lucky to get out alive to be honest. Hordes of immigrants roaming the streets raping and pillaging. I believe four out of every five Swedish person is being murdered. Tis worserer than a war zone I tells ya! Am I doing this right?

awwww you're so accomodating and open minded. Well done you!!!

If we all just close our eyes and try to concentrate really hard, it will be like these riots never really happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

Ah, so you don't actually know anything about who carried out this riot. Thanks for clarifying.

Ah, so you don't actually know anything about sarcasm.
    I clarified nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Its got to be rubbing Putin with Pussy . Have they not seen the homo-erotic Photos of Putin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

After today, it might be a very good idea to throw a bet down on the Swedish Democrats, stock market or paddypower. Combine with the social desirability bias, and things could go completely nuts here.

Having said that, I don't know much about Sweden, apart from the fact that their country is fùcked right now.

Certainly worth a consideration. Although a week or three, is still a long time in politics. Swed D price is just above evens at 2.1 (for the most seats).

Last years value option was for Italy to say 'EU feck aff' @3.75, it's now as short as 2.5 with some (B'way)and likely now just a matter of time.

Interestingly WillHill has promoted Sweden up to 5th place for the 'exit' list.
    http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/8345490/Next%20Country%20To%20Leave%20EU.html

Sweden should be fine in all reality....
    in about 200yrs from now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

I will dish out apostrophes were and when I lik'e.

The late-great Kerryman Con Houlihan: “A man who will misuse an apostrophe is capable of anything.”
    So there!

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I believe four out of every five Swedish person is being murdered.

Damn lazy immigrants, can't even be bothered to finish the job FFS :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Careful now ! You are normally only allowed to call the White Indigenous People lazy .

You may have the Ministry of Truth looking in to you and you won’t like that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I believe four out of every five Swedish person is being murdered.

Damn lazy immigrants, they've only been responsible for 93% of all gang rapes in Sweden over the past 2 years, good, but can do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So I just texted a friend of mine over there about this hysterical thread. He said "this is a "trend" the last few years when school is about to start. A bit ****ed up but not the collapse of society as some muppets say".
    But then, what would he know right? He's just nieve and afraid to say it like it is.

I love how they're so apathetic about the whole thing. 80 cars being set on fire is a trend.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

and to think Sweden used to be the envy of Europe.

More like a big orange flashing warning signal now! They took the multicultural experiment too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I remember when immigrant threads just talked about them eating swans. Such simple times those were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

Damn lazy immigrants, they've only been responsible for 93% of all gang rapes in Sweden over the past 2 years, good, but can do better.

C'mon snake, we're trying to deflect this thread away using hilarious banter. And then u come along with stats like that n ruin the whole bloody thing! Sure anyway, the Vikings did the same so it's payback time. Paddy will get the sound ones anyway so why worry about repeating others mistakes!

enricoh wrote: »
    Paddy will get the sound ones anyway so why worry about repeating others mistakes!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/man-stabbed-13-times-after-car-chase-linked-to-prostitution-gang-37213669.html

But cultural enrichment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I love how they're so apathetic about the whole thing. 80 cars being set on fire is a trend.:rolleyes:

x9dUvCu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Seemingly making it up as you go along to suit your viewpoint.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/14/swedish-pm-asks-arsonists-what-the-heck-are-you-doing-setting-fire-to-cars

"Sweden goes to the polls on 9 September with violent crime high on the political agenda after a spate of shootings and grenade attacks, largely in deprived areas with large concentrations of immigrants. Opposition leaders have accused the ruling centre-left coalition of allowing “no-go zones” to emerge where emergency services fear to tread."

And reducing criminality down to a person being foreign is pretty dishonest. The general view is that people from more impoverished background are more prone to falling into criminality as opportunities are far. less So nothing to do with those evil muslims etc. It can be seen in any country, be it America, the UK or Ireland or anywhere else.
    While a 2012 study led by Rostami found that 76% of gang members are either first- or second-generation immigrants, the ethnic makeup of gangs is heterogenous (hailing from 35 different countries) and 42% of the gang members are born in Sweden.

Government studies found that the majority of people suspected of crime in the country are born in Sweden to two Swedish-born parents. And while people with foreign backgrounds are 2.5 times more likely to be suspected of crimes than ethnic Swedes, the vast majority of people with foreign backgrounds are not suspected of a crime.

Researchers at Stockholm University found that socioeconomic conditions seem to be what separates criminal activity between immigrants and others in the population. Rostami pointed out that Sweden has under-served its socially vulnerable areas with higher numbers of immigrants and low levels of education and income, which can increase risk of crime. Plus, strong labor unions keep entry-level wages high, which de-incentivises the hiring of employees who lack education or Swedish language skills. About 16.6% of foreign-born men are unemployed according to OECD statistics, one of the highest levels in the EU.
    http://www.euronews.com/2018/04/10/sweden-has-a-problem-with-hand-grenades-and-here-s-why

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Mamma Mia, here we go again.

batgoat wrote: »
    And reducing criminality down to a person being foreign is pretty dishonest. The general view is that people from more impoverished background are more prone to falling into criminality as opportunities are far. less So nothing to do with those evil muslims etc. It can be seen in any country, be it America, the UK or Ireland or anywhere else.

Arabic Countries are some of the wealthiest in the world. The whole "They're poor so going to be criminals" excuse doesn't wash. And plenty of people come from impoverished backgrounds but don't take up crime. So yes there can be a cultural issue to it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I fear this is what could become of irish cities in the next decade if we dont properly plan immigration.

Merkel has turned europe into a swamp

ricero wrote: »
    I fear this is what could become of irish cities in the next decade if we dont properly plan immigration.

Merkel has turned europe into a swamp

Makes you wonder if this was her plan all along to justify her EU Army.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ha .
    Maybe.
    Just the army isn't the EU.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭gw80

Where do people think this will end.
    Parts of Paris are looking more and more like third world.
    I watched a video recently of aid workers and volunteers in Paris feeding these migrants and complaining that they will have to shut down the operation due to violence from the migrants towards them. Even while filming the piece they were hassled by migrants who were demanding food, they had to run away.
    Africa's population is set to double in the near future.
    Climate change is going to put stress on food supply,
    They are going to keep coming,
    What will happen when there is no more food to hand out, and the free house and free money they were promised doesn't materialise,
    When their numbers are strong they are going to take what they want.
    There is going to be carnage on the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Arabic Countries are some of the wealthiest in the world. The whole "They're poor so going to be criminals" excuse doesn't wash. And plenty of people come from impoverished backgrounds but don't take up crime. So yes there can be a cultural issue to it as well.

The areas where riots and social unrest are occurring are in the socially impoverished areas. This is a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Project Fear worked really well with Brexit lads, but I'm not sure you can keep on fooling people with this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

This is you, John, right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I watched a video recently of aid workers and volunteers in Paris feeding these migrants and complaining that they will have to shut down the operation due to violence from the migrants towards them. Even while filming the piece they were hassled by migrants who were demanding food, they had to run away.
    What will happen when there is no more food to hand out, and the free house and free money they were promised doesn't materialise,

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/899/630/a16.gif

time to smash open each other heads and feast on the goo within ??

Can't see Schengen lasting another 10 years.

I think more countries in the EU will start tightening their own borders in defiance of the EU.

Whether this will break up the EU or not is impossible to say. I hope it doesn't.

We can not continue on the way the things are going now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Disgraceful scenes. To think Sweden was held up as a paradise for many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just a bit of craic though right?

Somebody say something funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Uncontrolled, unlimited and unchecked migration is AWESOME!

Basic human freedom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Powers pull back on the price for 'not as far left, as the other lefties' parties to win the upcoming Swedish election, was 2.1 is now 1.9.
    Not great value (unless part of an acca stack), and very modest compared to the previous trump-brexitous values.

VMyrglT.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

*not a racist*

This has to be the most hysterical over the top paranoid laughable post I've ever seen! I'm going to trust the Swedes on this one not some reactionary clowns who know nothing about the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I'm going to trust the Swedes on this one not some reactionary clowns who know nothing about the country.

As you claim to know Sweden more than the rest of us, can you or "your friend" name one single positive to their lax immigration policies and its resulting influx of uneducated young males from cultures known for their intolerance toward women and the LGTB community?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

Just a bit of craic though right?

Somebody say something funny

Just teenagers being teenagers , n having tantrums about going back to school according to some geniuses on here!
    The modern day nacker drinking in a field if u will!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Just teenagers being teenagers , n having tantrums about going back to school according to some geniuses on here!

Seriously ? Oh sweet Jesus that's priceless.

Was the lad in London yesterday retuning his radio ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

They'd be considered left wing in any other country.

Sweden just have far left and left.

Yep, it's like Ireland in that that party closer to the centre is considered right wing, even though it supports things like divorce, SSM etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The modern day nacker drinking in a field if u will!

According to other 'genuises' on here it's the end times.

Gonna stock up on the ammunition and tinned food in the 40' container I got up in the mountains.

Advertisement