Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sweden Riots

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

According to other 'genuises' on here it's the end times.

Gonna stock up on the ammunition and tinned food in the 40' container I got up in the mountains.

Whereas the truth - as it usually is - lies in the middle.

There is a real threat which, with action, can be managed and limited.

The far right make it worse than it is - the far left ignore it and call anyone racists when they discuss.

The 90% of us in the rest of the pack want the threat acknowledged and managed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

enricoh wrote: »
    Just teenagers being teenagers , n having tantrums about going back to school according to some geniuses on here!
    The modern day nacker drinking in a field if u will!

Batten down the hatches tonight. Leaving Cert results are out. I expect riots to break out sporadically all over the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

They'd be considered left wing in any other country.

Sweden just have far left and left.

Swedish Democrats are anything but left-wing. When formed in the 1980s they used to hold meetings in nazi getup.

2an.jpg

In 2014 it emerged a member, Catharina Strandqvist had been caught wearing this

1409903513_120218_catharina_strandqvist_003.JPG

The Swedes have a history of links to Fascism going back to the 30s. Even on a mainstream level the Swedes are very socially conservative in a number of areas compared to many in Western mainland Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I suggest that the Swedes have 20 years of only the most skilled and needed immigrants to see how this rash experiment is going to work out .

If the People of a Country decide they want immigration stopped then it should be stopped . Thats democracy . The people in these European countries have never been asked if the want mass immigration ( Why ) .

blinding wrote: »
    I suggest that the Swedes have 20 years of only the most skilled and needed immigrants to see how this rash experiment is going to work out .

If the People of a Country decide they want immigration stopped then it should be stopped . Thats democracy . The people in these European countries have never been asked if the want mass immigration ( Why ) .

"You'll thank us later" - except we won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

According to Andrew Neil on Twitter the right wing Sweden Democrats lead the polls in every age group. Election in a month.

They've fallen back into third position this month according to Expressen- Swedish newspaper.

The SD will be like all protest and populist parties- flavour of the month for a while but if they get a chance at real power the lack of experience and fleshed out policies on areas that really matter to people-employment, education, healthcare etc soon become apparent and the voting public will go back to supporting the middle ground. In the case of Sweden that would be the left of centre Social Democrats or centre- right Moderaterna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭gw80

This has to be the most hysterical over the top paranoid laughable post I've ever seen! I'm going to trust the Swedes on this one not some reactionary clowns who know nothing about the country.
    I think you'll find I was speaking about Paris in that post,
    Do you think all those people are going to accept living in tents by the river for the rest of their lives?
    And the clowns who ignored it and pretended everything was grand will have blood on their hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Whereas the truth - as it usually is - lies in the middle.

There is a real threat which, with action, can be managed and limited.

The far right make it worse than it is - the far left ignore it and call anyone racists when they discuss.

The 90% of us in the rest of the pack want the threat acknowledged and managed.

If your views represented the '90% of us in the rest of the pack', Identity Ireland would be a significant party in the Dáil. They're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Malmo is a ****hole.

Sweden has a problem with integration, ghettoization of mostly immigrant area's, a fundamental difference in cultural values and soaring crime rates with migrants.

Sweden won't crumble and whiteys wont be lynched once the African hordes come in mass, but the migrants aren't all saints, ranking engineers and high society.

Try rationalise the problem and actually reach some sort of legitimate accurate and rational view rather than blow it out of proportion.
    gw80 wrote: »
    I think you'll find I was speaking about Paris in that post,
    Do you think all those people are going to accept living in tents by the river for the rest of their lives?
    And the clowns who ignored it and pretended everything was grand will have blood on their hands.

I flew to Beauvais with Ryanair last year, got the shuttle into the city centre. There was one road where both sides was lined with shacks and tents. Similar to the townships in south africa. In fact, it was almost exactly like South Africa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

But apparently we can continue pursuing the exact same policies of Sweden and France, not enforcing any border and it's all going to turn out differently for us in 20 years time.

Dublin 2035: Everyone living together in a great melting pot of peace and harmony.

• Advertisement

But apparently we can continue pursuing the exact same policies of Sweden and France, not enforcing any border and it's all going to turn out differently for us in 20 years time.

Dublin 2035: Everyone living together in a great melting pot of peace and harmony.

Well, we'll be melting any road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results = Definition of insanity .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the first step on the road to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

They'd be considered left wing in any other country.

Sweden just have far left and left.

The Sweden Democrats are hard right wing nationalists running on a anti-immigration populist platform who have some members actively involved with Swedish neo-nazis groups. In no way shape or form are they left wing.

The Social Democrats-SAP are in the classic European centre left Social Democratic tradition. Same as you find in many other European countries like the rest of Scandinavia, Germany, Netherlands... - though they have swung more to the right of recent in some of those countries as immigration has become a contentious issue.
    The Greens occupy this ground too.

The only larger mainstream far left party in Sweden is the Vänsterpartiet. Former communists up to the 1990's. Same as many other reconstituted former far left parties after the fall of the USSR in other countries.

In recent years you have an offshoot of this party that formed around feminist issues mainly but they haven't gotten the threshold 4% vote to get any seats in the Rikstag yet, though they have been quite successful in municipal elections.
    Powers pull back on the price for 'not as far left, as the other lefties' parties to win the upcoming Swedish election, was 2.1 is now 1.9.

Again, showing ignorance of what the Sweden Democrats actually are. This is a few years old but this shows where all the parties are on the political spectrum: https://www.thelocal.se/20140905/swedish-party-leaders
    Berserker wrote: »
    Yep, it's like Ireland in that that party closer to the centre is considered right wing, even though it supports things like divorce, SSM etc.

Centre-right. Most Swedish parties on the right are considered centre-right -Moderates, Centre Party, Folk Partiet. The Christian Democrats would be the only true right wing conservative party there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

I’ve no doubt Sweden has underdone negative changes particular in major cities but it seems to me that many pushing the social collapse of the country have never been there and most likely rely on YouTube etc for their news.

I spend a lot of time in Norway and whilst they’ve retracted their open door border policy you can see the damage done, specifically in Oslo. In saying that it’s a fantastic country to live in and I suspect Sweden is still not far behind Norway in terms of quality of life etc. Don’t believe the hype is my messsge but that’s not denying that Sweden has some issues to address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

CosmicJay wrote: »
    Malmo is a ****hole.

Sweden has a problem with integration, ghettoization of mostly immigrant area's, a fundamental difference in cultural values and soaring crime rates with migrants.

A close friend is an OT for the city council in Malmo. Making house calls is part of the job and she says that of all her colleagues she's the only one who won't refuse to enter the 'no go zones'. From what I've seen first hand, I wish she would reconsider her position.

Malmo is a ****hole.

Rinkeby is a ****hole, albeit not anywhere close to being the dangerous ghetto it's portrayed as in the media. Just rather grey and dull with high unemployment in the mostly immigrant part of that city. Malmo itself is rather bland and uninspiring from my recollection, but certainly no ****hole.
    EDIT-ok I forgot about Rosengård which isn't pretty, but no hell hole either from what I saw.

Sweden won't crumble and whiteys wont be lynched once the African hordes come in mass, but the migrants aren't all saints, ranking engineers and high society.

Try rationalise the problem and actually reach some sort of legitimate accurate and rational view rather than blow it out of proportion.

"Soaring" is a rather subjective word. What Swedes consider soaring crime rates wouldn't register in many other European countries, never mind the US.

My 8 years there were the most peaceful and safe of any country I've lived in. I could walk anywhere day or night without fear as a woman in Gothenburg. That has changed in the past few years in some of the suburbs that yes have a high immigrant population, but Swedish cities in general are still extremely safe places to be.
    I wouldn't keep going back there for visits and plan on buying a summer house there if I didn't feel that way.

This media driven hysteria that Muslim gangs are rioting there, burning up their cities and going on widespread raping sprees and women can't walk the streets there for fear of being raped is fear mongering from the alt-right media- particularly the US.
    Yes there have been isolated incidences, but let's keep things in proportion.

Greentopia wrote: »
    Rinkeby is a ****hole, albeit not anywhere close to being the dangerous ghetto it's portrayed as in the media. Just rather grey and dull with high unemployment in the mostly immigrant part of that city. Malmo itself is rather bland and uninspiring from my recollection, but certainly no ****hole.

"Soaring" is a rather subjective word. What Swedes consider soaring crime rates wouldn't register in many other European countries, never mind the US.

My 8 years there were the most peaceful and safe of any country I've lived in. I could walk anywhere day or night without fear as a woman in Gothenburg. That has changed in the past few years in some of the suburbs that yes have a high immigrant population, but Swedish cities in general are still extremely safe places to be.
    I wouldn't keep going back there for visits and plan on buying a summer house there if I didn't feel that way.

This media driven hysteria that Muslim gangs are rioting there, burning up their cities and going on widespread raping sprees and women can't walk the streets there for fear of being raped is fear mongering from the alt-right media- particularly the US.
    Yes there have been isolated incidences, but let's keep things in proportion.

I think we have a gap of opinion in the severity of the problem, but are at least on rational levels, as of my recent visit I would not be skipping to enter Malmo again, while nothing overtly bad happened you can see severe economic and social decay taking hold. You see this in cities all around the world but it is especially sad to see it happen in the jewel of all for one one for all society.

Employment there was up around 60% a couple of years ago but has now fallen to low 30's and high 20%'s (I'd guess). Trying to find a bank or a post office or even a corner shop was almost impossible, the amount of abandoned units was utterly insane.

It legitimately felt like I was in Mogadishu rather than a scandinavian country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

What are the figures for grenade attacks in Sweden so far this year?

I think we have a gap of opinion in the severity of the problem, but are at least on rational levels, as of my recent visit I would not be skipping to enter Malmo again, while nothing overtly bad happened you can see severe economic and social decay taking hold. You see this in cities all around the world but it is especially sad to see it happen in the jewel of all for one one for all society.

Employment there was up around 60% a couple of years ago but has now fallen to low 30's and high 20%'s (I'd guess). Trying to find a bank or a post office or even a corner shop was almost impossible, the amount of abandoned units was utterly insane.

It legitimately felt like I was in Mogadishu rather than a scandinavian country.

What part/s of Malmo were you? my experience is limited to the city centre and passing through some of the outer suburbs and I didn't get that feeling, but granted it's been about 8 years since I've been there. Never warmed to the city tbh.

Mogadishu...I presume you're talking about the ethnic makeup rather than the infrastructure :pac: Mogadishu would be a lot more colourful than parts of Malmo :D
    Yes high Somali population there true, same in some parts of Gothenburg (city I lived) like Angered and Biskopsgården, but unless things have radically changed in the past few years I still wouldn't count those places as anywhere close to the levels of crime and violence in ghettos in any American city.

All I saw on the one time I went to the last tram stops those places are located was high rise apartment buildings, kids play areas, local shops, and some graffiti. Nothing indicating any kind of war zone. A Polish (i.e. white) woman in my workplace lived in Angered and she didn't have any issues apart from some noisy neighbours. *shrug*

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    I’ve no doubt Sweden has underdone negative changes particular in major cities but it seems to me that many pushing the social collapse of the country have never been there and most likely rely on YouTube etc for their news.

Bingo. Anyone like that who is pushing these fear and hate mongering anti-immigrant/Muslim views of the collapse or imminent collapse of Scandinavian societies at the hands of rioting immigrant hordes many times have actually never set foot in any of the Scandinavian countries and are relying on second hand information from biased sources.
    How can anyone's opinion on the matter be treated seriously who has never even been there for a visit and seen it for themselves never mind lived there for years?
    I spend a lot of time in Norway and whilst they’ve retracted their open door border policy you can see the damage done, specifically in Oslo. In saying that it’s a fantastic country to live in and I suspect Sweden is still not far behind Norway in terms of quality of life etc. Don’t believe the hype is my messsge but that’s not denying that Sweden has some issues to address.

Again, another voice of sanity and moderation in this thread, thank you.

Oslo is a lovely city. Not the sparkling Venice of the north that is Stockholm IMO, but I enjoyed my visits there (apart from the eye watering cost of the place!).
    What damage did you notice?

What part/s of Malmo were you? my experience is limited to the city centre and passing through some of the outer suburbs and I didn't get that feeling, but granted it's been about 8 years since I've been there. Never warmed to the city tbh.

Mogadishu...I presume you're talking about the ethnic makeup rather than the infrastructure :pac: Mogadishu would be a lot more colourful than parts of Malmo :D
    Yes high Somali population there true, same in some parts of Gothenburg (city I lived) like Angered and Biskopsgården, but unless things have radically changed in the past few years I still wouldn't count those places as anywhere close to the levels of crime and violence in ghettos in any American city.

All I saw on the one time I went to the last tram stops those places are located was high rise apartment buildings, kids play areas, local shops, and some graffiti. Nothing indicating any kind of war zone. A Polish (i.e. white) woman in my workplace lived in Angered and she didn't have any issues apart from some noisy neighbours. *shrug*

Västra Hamn and Möllan which were beautiful. Mostly Innerstaden, we went out to some of the bad areas for some Dark Tourism kink I guess. Korkbäck was probably the worst area we went through.

I'd say its not really a 'white' city anymore. Although I dont speak a word of Swedish I have basic arabic which served me really well and came in useful in the worse off neighbourhoods.

What shocked me was how bad the 'typically' immigrant areas are getting, bleeding over into more economically prosperous neighbourhoods.

I'd say some areas accurately reflect Mogadishu in general terms of vibe and street displays, shouting, traffic madness. It just felt similar. Obv worlds apart infastructure wise. :D

I would say comparing Sweden to America is a comparison which will always give the answer that you want. It's called Chiraq for a reason. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

blinding wrote: »

they have been asked if they want mass immigration. they have given the answer in each election.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

If your views represented the '90% of us in the rest of the pack', Identity Ireland would be a significant party in the Dáil. They're not.

Considering the thread "Is Islam right for Ireland" had a poll where 92% of Boards' posters gave an emphatic NO, I do believe those naive enough to see no problem either societally or economically to mass immigration from the 3rd world are thankfully very much in the minority.

they have been asked if they want mass immigration. they have given the answer in each election.

Would the recent shift of the Social Democrats on immigration and the rise of Swedish Democrats suggest that they are now changing their mind in the run up to this election?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭omega man

Oslo is a lovely city. Not the sparkling Venice of the north that is Stockholm IMO, but I enjoyed my visits there (apart from the eye watering cost of the place!).
    What damage did you notice?

Primarily a lack of integration with Norwegians and their customs and culture. Some city areas and schools with very few (1st generation) Norwegians left. Norwegians are very welcoming but you must make an effort to learn their ways and at least try to speak the language.

On the subject of actual homelessness I’ve seen people living on the street in Oslo during winter without proper winter clothing (even bare foot!) and not ‘foreigners’. Norway is an extremely wealthy nation but it still happens....

You will have to help me out here - when exactly was there a referendum anywhere in Europe where the question was "Do you want unchecked mass immigration into you country ?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

c46f96149e78141cf61f14f7b9d71ae1.png
    5988cd7ab11755484b1e703f79cfe2d0.png

DkjGHz0W0AALkOH.jpg:large

fd81860b69aa92364cea3f5b65fd20ca.png

bloom.bg/2BcLjW3

https://twitter.com/JJohanJJansson/status/1029091095823745025

Somehow i doubt there will be many with the name Ove, Tobias or Henke in that group of rioters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Probably best not to link tweets from Peter Sweden https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2017/08/01/far-right-vlogger-defend-europe-supporter-peter-swedens-real-identity-revealed/
    What part/s of Malmo were you? my experience is limited to the city centre and passing through some of the outer suburbs

I was in Malmo a few years ago. Pretty sleeply enough town, so sleepy in fact there were geese from the local park walking across the road in the town centre in the evening. Aside from the cool twisting tower, nice enough beach and the incredible bridge connecting the city with Copenhagen it's not really all that remarkable.

I do wonder why people would go out if their way to visit areas of high unemployment and crime though. It's like visiting the west of ireland and making a stop in South Hill in Limerick or checking out Watts on holiday in LA. When I was in Rio I avoided the favelas but there was still a massive armed military presence on the street in Copacabana.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Sad news last month, not sure if they've recorded them all as of yet.
    But a kind of symbolic and reflective moment for Sweden.

Sweden’s crown jewels stolen
    - The two crowns and orb belonging to Karl IX b.1550 (and wife Queen Kristina) were taken.

JLNeed3.png

They will most likely be smelted down and sold on as scrap metal to some back street trader.
    Although priceless relics, their total market value might only fetch 50k or so.

Västra Hamn and Möllan which were beautiful. Mostly Innerstaden, we went out to some of the bad areas for some Dark Tourism kink I guess. Korkbäck was probably the worst area we went through.

I'd say its not really a 'white' city anymore. Although I dont speak a word of Swedish I have basic arabic which served me really well and came in useful in the worse off neighbourhoods.

What shocked me was how bad the 'typically' immigrant areas are getting, bleeding over into more economically prosperous neighbourhoods.

I'd say some areas accurately reflect Mogadishu in general terms of vibe and street displays, shouting, traffic madness. It just felt similar. Obv worlds apart infastructure wise. :D

I would say comparing Sweden to America is a comparison which will always give the answer that you want. It's called Chiraq for a reason. :P

Västra Hamn I saw-gorgeous! Some beautiful clean modern architecture there in the new apartment blocks and a nice splash of colour. Very nicely laid out. Möllan...lovely old buildings, nice market place and park. Hipster central :cool:. That and Gamla Staden were the best of the city from what I saw.

You went out to some of the worst areas of Malmo as a white Irish person (correct me if I have that wrong) and survived to tell the tale? but but how is that possible?? :pac:

I saw Rosengård as it's near the centrum, and some of the high rises looked a bit...grim, but again nothing worse than similar places in Gothenburg and comparisons to places like the worst of Chicago are laughable.

As for demographics I had to look it up and apparently about 45% of the inhabitants have a foreign background. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malmö#Demographics

Quite similar figures to Stuttgart where I've been living. So no white minority yet but probably seems like it now in certain parts of Malmo.

If I was to judge Stuttgart on the area of Bad Cannstatt I did my local shopping in I would guess about 90% of the population of that city are from Turkey and the Middle East! but of course it ain't so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

No surprise. The Swedish Democrats will benefit from it from the real Swedish people.

rossie1977 wrote: »

It was to do about the graph he mentioned ...... which was a separate picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

inforfun wrote: »

Somehow i doubt there will be many with the name Ove, Tobias or Henke in that group of rioters

Is it fair to say these people are racist? Against the Swedes

Is it fair to say these people are racist? Against the Swedes

That is impossible.
    According to some.

All i know is that i used to have a colleague, a (former) refugee from Somalia who had family living in Rosengard, Malmo, which he described as: Almost felt less safe there than in Mogadishu.
    The guy saw the movie Black hawk Down "live" as a kid.

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Probably best not to link tweets from Peter Sweden https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2017/08/01/far-right-vlogger-defend-europe-supporter-peter-swedens-real-identity-revealed/

I was in Malmo a few years ago. Pretty sleeply enough town, so sleepy in fact there were geese from the local park walking across the road in the town centre in the evening. Aside from the cool twisting tower, nice enough beach and the incredible bridge connecting the city with Copenhagen it's not really all that remarkable.

I do wonder why people would go out if their way to visit areas of high unemployment and crime though. It's like visiting the west of ireland and making a stop in South Hill in Limerick or checking out Watts on holiday in LA. When I was in Rio I avoided the favelas but there was still a massive armed military presence on the street in Copacabana.

Sleepy is a pretty good descriptor I would say yes. A bit dull, a bit pedestrian but ok for a visit if you stick to the nicer areas.

I think it's ok if people want to check out these areas that have been talked about in the media as crime ridden ghettos to see them for themselves. Would help dispel a lot of hysteria about them tbh.

I wouldn't be drawn to going to these places slumming it to gawp at the inhabitants like they're human specimens in a zoo though. That's ****ty.

That is impossible.
    According to some.

All i know is that i used to have a colleague, a (former) refugee from Somalia who had family living in Rosengard, Malmo, which he described as: Almost felt less safe there than in Mogadishu.

Parts of France going the same way - in Lyon back end of last year and there were areas you would not feel safe going.

Not just me there were big lads saying that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That is impossible.
    According to some.

Agree

Cause if Swedish people were doing that to immigrant's we have word Racist shouted from all angle's.(and rightly so)

Funny how word is not shouted around now. But it's just a few young lads having a bit of fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

You will have to help me out here - when exactly was there a referendum anywhere in Europe where the question was "Do you want unchecked mass immigration into you country ?"
    there never has been, as there has been no need to have such, as people have defacto given their answer when electing their government.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

there never has been, as there has been no need to have such, as people have defacto given their answer when electing their government.

So you lied then and now backtrack.
    Originally Posted by end of the road View Post

Cool, just say that. Safe space here and all that.

• Advertisement

Primarily a lack of integration with Norwegians and their customs and culture. Some city areas and schools with very few (1st generation) Norwegians left. Norwegians are very welcoming but you must make an effort to learn their ways and at least try to speak the language.

Speaking the language is expected anywhere you want to assimilate to though. Its a reasonable expectation you learn some Norwegian if you're going to live there. And it's not a difficult language to learn. I too found Norwegians lovely people. Very like Swedes really except for being more outdoorsy.
    On the subject of actual homelessness I’ve seen people living on the street in Oslo during winter without proper winter clothing (even bare foot!) and not ‘foreigners’. Norway is an extremely wealthy nation but it still happens....

Yikes. That's a change for the worse since I was there then. Shameful considering they're sitting on an oil fund worth nearly €1 trillion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

To be fair, some have/or are starting to say 'no thanks' already, to uncontrolled, non-integrative, mass migration.

e.g. UK, Italy, the V4 {Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary) Austria.

Others are more luke warm, or becoming much colder to the to the concept e.g. Greece, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Germany, Spain.

The Swedes go to the poll on Sept 9th, will be interesting to see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

To be fair, some have/or are starting to say 'no thanks' already, to uncontrolled, non-integrative, mass migration.

e.g. UK, Italy, the V4 {Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary) Austria.

Others are more luke warm, or becoming much colder to the to the concept e.g. Greece, Denmark, France, Netherlands, Germany, Spain.

The Swedes go to the poll on Sept 9th, will be interesting to see what they say.

SD EU member of parliament is saying now they will aim to leave the EU if they get into power next month so interesting times indeed ahead. Sorry no English link except if want to translate this from Swedish: https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/gPeOkk/sd-tar-steg-for-svensk-eu-exit

There isn't popular support for a Swedish exit though, not even from the far left party so don't know how they'd pull that one off.

Personally I can't see the SD forming a majority Govt, the other parties won't go near them to form a coalition as they're seen as too far right with links to neo-Nazis, and the Social Democrats only need about 24% of the vote to retain power with the Greens. But we shall see.

It was to do about the graph he mentioned ...... which was a separate picture.

With no source given from where that graph was taken from. What it appears to show is that according to ?? the number of cars deliberately set on fire in Sweden has risen there since the 90's. Without a verifiable and legitimate unbiased source it's meaningless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

gw80 wrote: »
    Where do people think this will end.
    Parts of Paris are looking more and more like third world.
    I watched a video recently of aid workers and volunteers in Paris feeding these migrants and complaining that they will have to shut down the operation due to violence from the migrants towards them. Even while filming the piece they were hassled by migrants who were demanding food, they had to run away.
    Africa's population is set to double in the near future.
    Climate change is going to put stress on food supply,
    They are going to keep coming,
    What will happen when there is no more food to hand out, and the free house and free money they were promised doesn't materialise,
    When their numbers are strong they are going to take what they want.
    There is going to be carnage on the streets.

Perhaps allowing the more cultured,socially aware countries such as Sweden and Germany to accept all comers from the African sub-continent,might work better ?

This could mean The Aquarius,and it's proprietors would lose some media coverage,but their customers would get a definite set of arrival ports and the requisite level of support.

https://www.dw.com/en/aquarius-docks-in-malta-with-141-rescued-people-on-board/av-45088807

I feel confident that at least some posters will identify with the more humourous stance taken by the Italian Minister for Transport....

https://www.dw.com/en/aquarius-rescue-ship-seeks-european-port-for-migrants-found-off-libya/a-45056668
    Italian transport minister Danilo Toninelli said on Monday that the UK should take in the migrants on board the Aquarius as it was a vessel flying under a Gibraltar flag and currently in Maltese waters.

"The boat is now in Maltese waters and has a Gibraltar flag. At this point, the United Kingdom should take responsibility for the safeguarding of the shipwrecked," Toninelli wrote on Twitter.

Sound man Danilo,stick it to them before Brexit ....... :D

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

With no source given from where that graph was taken from. What it appears to show is that according to ?? the number of cars deliberately set on fire in Sweden has risen there since the 90's. Without a verifiable and legitimate unbiased source it's meaningless.

Does that really matter, the source?
    Is it really so hard to imagine that when in 1 night 90 cars are set on fire that more cars are set on fire in 1 month than in the entire 70's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It was pretty clear what he meant, in much the same way we can comfortably say that immigration is not considered a big concern of the electorate in Ireland. Neither Identity Ireland or Renua look likely to pick up votes at any point in near future.

batgoat wrote: »

It was pretty clear what he meant, in much the same way we can comfortably say that immigration is not considered a big concern of the electorate in Ireland. Neither Identity Ireland or Renua look likely to pick up votes at any point in near future.

You're not even comparing apples and oranges there - it's like apples and spark plugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You're not even comparing apples and oranges there - it's like apples and spark plugs!

It's pretty relevant, the people elect their government. The government ultimately represents the views of the majority. For the most part, the horrors of Sweden seem to be a hot take of UK and US journalists who want to rant about the terrors of immigration...

• Advertisement
Advertisement