Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will changing my SIMO plan renew my broadband contract?

Options
  • 14-08-2018 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently have landline/broadband and a SIM-only bundle (15GB data allowance) with Eir. I contacted a rep via the webchat facility to request a change to the new SIMO plan with 25GB data allowance, and was told that making this change would renew the broadband contract for another 12 months.

Is this the case? Reading through older threads suggests that this information is inaccurate, but I'd like a definite answer before I go ahead with the change!

Cheers! 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

I currently have landline/broadband and a SIM-only bundle (15GB data allowance) with Eir. I contacted a rep via the webchat facility to request a change to the new SIMO plan with 25GB data allowance, and was told that making this change would renew the broadband contract for another 12 months.

Is this the case? Reading through older threads suggests that this information is inaccurate, but I'd like a definite answer before I go ahead with the change!

Cheers! 

Hi Merry Prankster,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

I've checked this for you and can confirm this is not correct. Your mobile plan is a SIM only plan and is a 30 day rolling contract so changing the package will not affect this.

Apologies for the confusion here.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Merry Prankster

That's great to hear. Thanks Tracey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

That's great to hear. Thanks Tracey.

No problem at all.

If you have any further issues please come back to me.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement