Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignore List

Options
  • 14-08-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im sure you have but in case you haven't considered a 'see less from feature'? the ignore list is a bit blunt, I may be happy to see some of what a poster has posted but not all of it.

But to do this, I have to put them on the ignore list, which feels to me feel like im punishing them for being prolific.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Putting someone on ignore is not "punishing" them - it's supposed to be there to make your (and other posters) life a little easier

I think it would be impractical to be selective when ignoring someone's posts. It's all or nothing and users need to recognise this when choosing to ignore someone

I've never used the feature myself, but I understand you can reveal posts on a selective basis leaving you in control of what you do see

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ive only ever used it once and thats because a posters very long style of posting was going to give me thumb cancer with all the scrolling while mobile. Think there was an option on desktop that you could still click on the ignored post and view it.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Beasty wrote: »
    Putting someone on ignore is not "punishing" them - it's supposed to be there to make your (and other posters) life a little easier

I think it would be impractical to be selective when ignoring someone's posts. It's all or nothing and users need to recognise this when choosing to ignore someone

I've never used the feature myself, but I understand you can reveal posts on a selective basis leaving you in control of what you do see

I feel differently on the punishment issue, it would make my life here easier if I could be selective on which posts I do(Now Im 'ignoring responses to me as well) or don't see (other comments). I have to say that im surprised that the system is not capable of a more selective system than this.

If Boards are upgrading, please keep my request for this feature in mind, thanks for your prompt response.

BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Ignore doesnt work properly anyway because you can still see quoted posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ive only ever used it once and thats because a posters very long style of posting was going to give me thumb cancer with all the scrolling while mobile. Think there was an option on desktop that you could still click on the ignored post and view it.

Yes, I am using that, but I would prefer a more tailored approach as I find im missing their responses to me and not responding to them for no good reason feels extremely rude.

I have a similar issue with this poster, so many posts and so diverse, great for her, I would just like to see less of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Doesn't seem to work on phone anyway.
    All or nothing

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

No, with the ignore feature at the moment it is all or nothing. You can ignore all of someone's posts or see them all but you cannot curate which ones you do or don't see either on a post by post or forum by forum basis.

I'd imagine that there would be a lot of work involved in blocking a users posts from view in some but not all forums but can add it as a suggestion for future reference.

Advertisement