Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cannot get FTTH installed because database isn't uploaded?

Options
  • 14-08-2018 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭

I dont know how these things work - but apparently the FTTH (fibre to the home) is now live in our area and I want to get it installed - but my provider cannot get it installed for us because it inst list on the database whatever that means - and until it is updated on the database they cannot get an installer to bring the fibre into the house and fit the ONT box - so can you check how long it will check for these databases whatever they are to be updated so I can just get on and order the FTTH please or have an idea how long it takes until these databases are updated. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I dont know how these things work - but apparently the FTTH (fibre to the home) is now live in our area and I want to get it installed - but my provider cannot get it installed for us because it inst list on the database whatever that means - and until it is updated on the database they cannot get an installer to bring the fibre into the house and fit the ONT box - so can you check how long it will check for these databases whatever they are to be updated so I can just get on and order the FTTH please or have an idea how long it takes until these databases are updated. 
    Hi Andy From Sligo, 

I'm not 100% sure what database they are referring too. If they are unable to locate your address they would need to update their systems to add your address or if they can't locate the Eircode you would need to contact them directly to see if this is in place (generally a new estate/house) 

Unfortunately, I would be unable to advise fully as you are speaking in relation to another service provider. 

If you wish to place an order through ourselves our sales team on 1800 503 303 will be happy to explore all options with you and assist you further. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

He's referring to the APQ file sent by Openeir to all retail ISPs. Obviously his Eircode has not yet been added.

Andy the reps here work for eir retail. They have no input into the workings of Openeir who build the network. Just because it is live in your area is no guarantee that your section is ready. They tend to launch exchanges in pieces. When your premises is ready the Eircode will be added and you will be able to order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

He's referring to the APQ file sent by Openeir to all retail ISPs. Obviously his Eircode has not yet been added.

Andy the reps here work for eir retail. They have no input into the workings of Openeir who build the network. Just because it is live in your area is no guarantee that your section is ready. They tend to launch exchanges in pieces. When your premises is ready the Eircode will be added and you will be able to order.
    Thank you - thats more like the answer I was looking for and thats what it must be that our eircode hasnt been added to the APQ file. Do these things take a long time to get added to the APQ (whatever that is?) - a eir rep that called to my door last week said it is live but there is a 3 week waiting list to get the FTTH installed if I signed up that day because of people wanting to have it installed ... but another provider said that a callout and installation of FTTH is normally done in a week . So maybe the eir rep was going to take our order on the hope that within 3 weeks our eircode would have been added to this APQ - does this sound why he could have said a 3week wait?

Thank you - thats more like the answer I was looking for and thats what it must be that our eircode hasnt been added to the APQ file. Do these things take a long time to get added to the APQ (whatever that is?) - a eir rep that called to my door last week said it is live but there is a 3 week waiting list to get the FTTH installed if I signed up that day because of people wanting to have it installed ... but another provider said that a callout and installation of FTTH is normally done in a week . So maybe the eir rep was going to take our order on the hope that within 3 weeks our eircode would have been added to this APQ - does this sound why he could have said a 3week wait?

What does this say when you input your Eircode?

http://www.airwire.ie/avail

What does this say when you input your Eircode?

http://www.airwire.ie/avail
    Cool - it says 'Available' for FTTH

• Advertisement

That means your Eircode is in the APQ file. Perhaps you should ask your supplier why you were not able to order. They should have the same file as Airwire.

That means your Eircode is in the APQ file. Perhaps you should ask your supplier why you were not able to order. They should have the same file as Airwire.
    thank you I will - thanks a mil

the plot thickens - the provider I want to go with tells me that it is incorrectly listed in the APQ list .. and until it is corrected I cannot order - God, why does everything in life have to be so complicated! 

So it looks like our eircode is listed in the APQ list ... but incorrectly! - jeez! ... one day I will look back at all this and laugh (maybe) .. been waiting for years for fibre, and they were installing it on the poles in June and now its all in situ running along the poles outside the house and into the manhole cover outside our house and told the other day by an eir rep that it is now 'live' and still cannot order it

Advertisement