Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebase closures

Options
  • 14-08-2018 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

According to the Homebase CVA plan the following Irish stores are to close

Dublin Naas Road (not surprising as the site is to be redeveloped)

Dublin Fonthill (was meant to close previously)

Limerick

All others are to be revamped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

CeilingFly wrote: »
    According to the Homebase CVA plan the following Irish stores are to close

Dublin Naas Road (not surprising as the site is to be redeveloped)

Dublin Fonthill (was meant to close previously)

Limerick

All others are to be revamped.

Surprised fonthill is going. That retail park does be out the gate with people going in and out.

Bizarrely there HR department contacted me about a management position in that store about 6 weeks ago around the time the company was sold for a £1. I didn't bother meeting after seeing the news headlines. I wonder is it the rents that seen that one go.

The retail landscape in the UK is changing dramatically, minimal impacts here but can see that changing in the short term.

Avoid gift vouchers for Xmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fonthill actually went all the way to the end stages of a closedown last time they closed stores. Stock had been cleared etc; think they got a rent reduction at the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

duffman13 wrote: »

Avoid gift vouchers for Xmas :)

True. We seem to be in a second wave of closures after the bloodbath during the recession. House of Fraser not accepting gift cards currently- I can imagine there's lot of those belonging to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There only being one HoF here will have reduced the number out there I'd think.

If you must buy vouchers for someone, either get ones backed by a bank (prepaid credit cards); or is Central Bank regulated (PerfectCard who do some multicentre gift cards); or at a push a multi-shop one backed by a major firm (Me2You - Wirecard or One4all - An Post; but note that these are not widely accepted compared to 10 years ago)

Advertisement