Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile - where to make a formal email complaint

Options
  • 14-08-2018 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

I have been advised to make a complaint - can you please give me an email address to send a formal complaint? 

Your online representative directs me to an online form, but this does not allow me to use my mobile number (I do not have an Eir landline) and asks me for an account number that I have never been given. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have been advised to make a complaint - can you please give me an email address to send a formal complaint? 

Your online representative directs me to an online form, but this does not allow me to use my mobile number (I do not have an Eir landline) and asks me for an account number that I have never been given. 
    Use a generic number for the landline. Eir know this is an issue but wont update it. 
    You will get a reply asking for all the details again in any case!

Email address is ccm@eir.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

Go to Comreg, and have Comreg complain on your behalf. It's faster, and Comreg are much better at listening. They make it very easy.

Trust me, if you complain to Eir, you'll only get more frustrated. They won't take the time to read or understand your complaint and will just come back with generic BS.

See here: https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

rat_race wrote: »

Go to Comreg, and have Comreg complain on your behalf. It's faster, and Comreg are much better at listening. They make it very easy.

Trust me, if you complain to Eir, you'll only get more frustrated. They won't take the time to read or understand your complaint and will just come back with generic BS.

Thanks - planning to take my complaint to Comreg but I understood that I need to make a formal complaint and get a complaint reference number from the operator first?

Totally agree with you on the generic BS - my entire complaint is based on terms and conditions that they are sending me on the live chat, which actually solve my problem. When I ask them to read what they have just sent me and explain why they still can't fix it, I get some incomprehensible crap like "is there anything else we can help you with today?"

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

rat_race wrote: »

Thanks - planning to take my complaint to Comreg but I understood that I need to make a formal complaint and get a complaint reference number from the operator first?

Totally agree with you on the generic BS - my entire complaint is based on terms and conditions that they are sending me on the live chat, which actually solve my problem. When I ask them to read what they have just sent me and explain why they still can't fix it, I get some incomprehensible crap like "is there anything else we can help you with today?"
    Tell Comreg you are unable to make a complaint, if that is indeed true, and that you have tried. I had to to do that, Eir ignored my thorough, accurate, truthful, detailed complaint.

Then let Comreg make it on your behalf, who will give Eir 10 days to resolve...then whatever. You'll get more of a response from Comreg. Eir have a team to communicate with Comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi CantGetNoSleep ,

You can log a formal complaint here & enter in a generic landline number to proceed.

Thanks

Thomas 

• Advertisement
Advertisement