Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Mobile Phones - Paid for from Ireland

Options
  • 14-08-2018 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I have 2 employees at the minute based full time in the UK and I obviously want them to have UK mobile phones. However, I want to pay for and manage them from Ireland.

We don't currently have a UK Entity or a UK Bank Account

I tried the shops of most of the big Carriers when I was in the UK last week and none of them could do it. I ended up buying two 2 PayAsYouGo O2 Sims (with £30 credit each) to get them up and running which I was able to buy in the O2 Shop with my Irish Credit Card

I am now trying to top those up online and I can't seem to be able to do it as it won't accept my Credit Card (The Credit Card has to be registered to a UK Address). If I put in a random UK address, the payment is declined.

Has anyone had a similar problem and managed to get around it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

If you have 2 employees working full time in the UK, it sounds to me like you need to set up some kind of branch/subsidiary there.  If they are full time living and working in the UK, should they be paying UK income tax etc.?  Could the employees register for bill pay contracts to their home (UK) addresses and claim expenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

BnB wrote: »
    I have 2 employees at the minute based full time in the UK and I obviously want them to have UK mobile phones. However, I want to pay for and manage them from Ireland.

We don't currently have a UK Entity or a UK Bank Account

I tried the shops of most of the big Carriers when I was in the UK last week and none of them could do it. I ended up buying two 2 PayAsYouGo O2 Sims (with £30 credit each) to get them up and running which I was able to buy in the O2 Shop with my Irish Credit Card

I am now trying to top those up online and I can't seem to be able to do it as it won't accept my Credit Card (The Credit Card has to be registered to a UK Address). If I put in a random UK address, the payment is declined.

Has anyone had a similar problem and managed to get around it ?
    Yes. Open a Sterling account with your Irish Bank. You'll be given a UK account number etc.. Transfer sims to bill pay and setup account DD. In the meantime, get your UK employees to top up the phones, and reimburse them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Haven’t used them personally but saw someone link https://www.mobiletopup.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Haven’t used them personally but saw someone link https://www.mobiletopup.co.uk

Thanks Nitro - Tried them and looked good untill check out, and again - It had to be a UK Credit Card for it to work.

I have got around it for now by using Ding.com. I was able to buy credit and send it to the lads. It is not ideal but not too bad either. We will probably have a UK registered Company before the end of the year so we will be able to set them up properly then.

Thanks for the feedback

Advertisement